PDA

View Full Version : Some 6 week out shots

BennettBoy
04-21-2003, 06:04 AM
I wanted to take some pictures with good lighting in the gym of the mandatory poses, but it was closed yesterday for Easter. I'll get some very soon though. I tried to get some close shots just so you can see me at 7.9%. I need alot more work!

OK, first shot is leg shot. Fire Away!

BennettBoy
04-21-2003, 06:20 AM
ab shot

BennettBoy
04-21-2003, 06:23 AM
Side ab shot

BennettBoy
Bad camera angle, but hands on hip flex shot

BennettBoy
front-on shot

BennettBoy
04-21-2003, 06:24 AM
Last is chest close-up shot....need work on upper chest.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-21-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
Last is chest close-up shot....need work on upper chest.

Looks fine to me.

You're in good nick. You'd be suprised how much more ripped some water tricks and carb loading can make you appear.

Quick Q - how often do you perform ab work? And do you do it weighted?

Mik
04-21-2003, 07:48 AM
Lookin' ripped Craig! I think you'll be in super shape for the comp. I see a big improvement from your last pics in terms of bf levels and it doesn't appear you've lost much muscle mass.

BennettBoy
04-21-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

You're in good nick. You'd be suprised how much more ripped some water tricks and carb loading can make you appear.

Quick Q - how often do you perform ab work? And do you do it weighted?

Cool. You want to help me with those tricks. :D

I've been doing abs 3 times a week and I have been doing weighted work. I'm almost afraid to answer that because I'm not sure if my abs are thick enough. They are still a work in progress too. :cool:

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-21-2003, 08:19 AM
That question was more for my benefit than yours. I have basically no ab thickness, cause i never do them. I was aways afraid of getting a bulky midsection. I think i'll do more direct work from now on.

Anyhoo, i have a few ideas for water/carb tricks, but i've never used them myself before (no need, never lean enough) or anyone else. But i'll ask around for back up (know a few friends who compete - go see my latest journal reply, you'll know what i mean).

Rock
04-21-2003, 08:42 AM
this is very very good, I cant believe how good you look, man.

on a side note :

Heres a person question for you, I think you are way ripped, but I know you gotta be a little more ripped, but why should it be that way, you look great, you are the same percent as Arnold was when he competed in the 70s, is it really necessary to go lower than 7% bodyfat?

anyways, you look great.

big
04-21-2003, 09:28 AM
nice progress. :thumbup:

steveo
04-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Craig, you are looking awesome. 6 weeks out this is the hardest. It's all diet and cardio from this point on. I would cut my cheat meals 8 weeks out so that I can be ready two weeks out. 7.9% is really good, so what is your goal? Can you hit 5% in four weeks?

BennettBoy
04-21-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Rock
Heres a person question for you, I think you are way ripped, but I know you gotta be a little more ripped, but why should it be that way, you look great, you are the same percent as Arnold was when he competed in the 70s, is it really necessary to go lower than 7% bodyfat?

Rock, thanks. Well, Arnold may have done it but he sure looked ripped more than I do LOL. Yes I do think I need to get to sub 6% anyway. I would love to get to 5%. If you look you can see my lower ab area still needs some work, my legs don't have near the cuts in them they need (though I had worked legs 4 days earlier so the cuts were not as good as they may have been), and my lower back area is still not up to snuff. In the 70's most folks probably competed at 7%ish, but it want cut it in BB shows today.

BennettBoy
04-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by steveo
Craig, you are looking awesome. 6 weeks out this is the hardest. It's all diet and cardio from this point on. I would cut my cheat meals 8 weeks out so that I can be ready two weeks out. 7.9% is really good, so what is your goal? Can you hit 5% in four weeks?

Not sure if I will hit 5% or not steveo. It's a goal...but we will see. I will be doing cardio 6 times a week for 25 minutes starting today. I dread it, but I have to do it. My diet has to be really on track every day now. It's hard though....I'm always hungry as hell.

Ironman8
04-21-2003, 10:34 AM
Wow, looking awesome! Good job.

Workhorse
04-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Lookin' great Craig.. right on track... you're gonna be lookin' fantastic for your comp. Way to go!! Keep up the inspiring work!! :thumbup:

chris mason
04-21-2003, 11:10 AM
You look fantastic! I think your leg size looks great, no problems there. Your legs do look quite a bit smoother than the rest of you. Two suggestions, first, practice posing your legs more frequently, this can help to bring out the cuts. Second, stop training legs all together at least 2 weeks out. The damage and subsequent inflammation from training can smooth them out.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by chris mason
Two suggestions, first, practice posing your legs more frequently, this can help to bring out the cuts.

????:confused:????

body
04-21-2003, 12:16 PM

i think he means, if you can flex the legs better, it make the cuts look bigger?
rather than a spot reduction kind of thing.

Y2A
04-21-2003, 12:28 PM
WOW, you look impressive!!!

Silverback
04-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Looking tight Craig, abdominals are looking shredded.

I would of liked to see a back pic, but im sure youve got one cooking on the stove :)

gotta love back pics :)

heathj
04-21-2003, 01:14 PM
So if I flexed my ass, would my asscuts look bigger? :p Joking.

Looking good BB..how about a relaxed shot of the upper body?

chris mason
04-21-2003, 01:18 PM

Time proven fact, especially in the legs. Spot reduction doesn't occur, but the ability to achieve a fuller contraction and better control the muscles does. Old bodybuilding trick.

Silverback
04-21-2003, 03:28 PM
Alright Chris im not critising or anything, but why the legs, i mean surely this would apply to the back, chest, abs etc.. as they are groups of muscles too?

I practise posing quite a bit and the only benefit i get is being able to control my muscles with more precision as they react better to the individual stiumulus

chris mason
04-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Actually Ron, it is for all of the body, but particularly so for the legs. It is also more noticable in people who are already very lean. It is particularly so for the legs because you have so many different muscles involved (quads are 4 muscles sharing a common insertion tendon).

Silverback
04-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Okay i see where your coming from, it is just that it is more noticeable in the legs becuase of the size and complexity, right?

Isaac Wilkins
04-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
Okay i see where your coming from, it is just that it is more noticeable in the legs becuase of the size and complexity, right?

There's also usually more room for improvement. 99% of people spend more time flexing their bi's, abs, chest, etc.

Everyone can throw a bicep pose. Remember how hard it was to learn to really flair your lats? It's the same with legs. People aren't used to flexing them for posing.

kAiXuan
04-21-2003, 04:20 PM
damn bro, ever more impressive

BennettBoy
04-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Actually I was going to work my last leg workout where it was like 9-10 days from the show. I had read that in many places about not working it the last week out from a show. And I agree, my legs are smoother. I can flex the great when I lift one a tad or whatever, but the cuts don't come out when I am doing my poses like I want them too. It could be some bodyfat, and then I'm afraid I just don't know how to properly flex them to get the most out of them. Either way, I'll keep plugging away at them.

chris mason
04-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Give yourself even a little more time.

Miss Rezza
04-22-2003, 01:43 AM
.... and just when i thought you couldn't look any better!! (;) silly me!)

You look amazing Craig!! You're damn lean and it doesn't appear that you've lost much (if any) of your hard-earned muscle. Your abs are total drool material and you got some great vascularity goin' on in your arms too!! :thumbup:

Your dedication is inspirational hon...

you're on the homestretch now!! :)

Relentless
04-22-2003, 07:58 AM
the hands on hips shot really underscores the fat loss you've achieved in your upper body

yeah, the abs and legs are lagging a bit, but that's your body's last reserves

you definitely look better and better with each progress pic and I totally believe you will hit your goal for the contest

you're inspirational, man

bigkevin20
04-22-2003, 08:15 AM
GOODGOUGAMUGA!!! Good job man I remember your pics of you playing around at work months ago. Big improvements keep up the good work. Your fat percentage now is what I plan my best to ever be.

gino
04-22-2003, 10:56 AM
looking awesome bro. great definition

Reinier
04-22-2003, 11:46 AM
looking great. id say your on schedule for the time you have.

your delts, traps and lats are weak points or not?

BennettBoy
04-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Thanks gino.

Reinier, my delts are my strongest bodypart. Lats are OK I think. Traps......so so. None of those pictures showed development of those bodyparts and the camera was sitting a good foot below my chest even so the angle was horrible. I was mainly just wanting to display some close-up shots of abs, etc.

I'll take some pictures in the gym in the next few days of some poses and post them so you can get a much better overall picture of where I stand.

BennettBoy
04-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Callahan
the hands on hips shot really underscores the fat loss you've achieved in your upper body

yeah, the abs and legs are lagging a bit, but that's your body's last reserves

you definitely look better and better with each progress pic and I totally believe you will hit your goal for the contest

you're inspirational, man

Thanks Cal. Now....how's your cut coming? :D

Relentless
04-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy

Thanks Cal. Now....how's your cut coming? :D

not *quite* as well as yours, but I was starting much heavier

I expect to be sub-200 within the next few weeks for weight and I can see a 4-pack of abs when I flex now

it's just a matter of time. :D

CanadianSilverb
04-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Looks like your condition is coming in on time. Looking good!

Goin_Big
04-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Do you mind being called a freak :D

You look awesome, keep up the good work.

BennettBoy
04-25-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
Do you mind being called a freak :D

I don't mind, but freaks usually weigh more than 171. :)

One more shot taken last night while practicing posing.