PDA

View Full Version : meals on the go

crab
05-09-2003, 09:57 PM
Next semester i'm going to have a couple days of full classes and work. I'm not going to have a lunch break 2 days a week. I will probably have about 5-10 between classes to munch down some snacks. What could i carry with me in my backpack that could give me good protien and weight gain, besides the protien bars.

Ironman8
05-09-2003, 10:02 PM
All I can think of is wrapped sandwhiches, MRPs, and maybe fruits. Bulking is hard on the go.

Saint Patrick
05-09-2003, 10:06 PM
You could throw a couple scoops of whey in an empty shaker bottle and keep it in your backpack dry, then mix it with water in between classes from a bathroom or drinking fountain.

Make a natty PB sandwich and throw it in a ziploc bag

Nuts. Nuts are an awesome quick healthy snack(cashews, peanuts, pistachios, etc.)

Fruit like bananas, apples, oranges

veggies like baby carrots or celery sticks

Brandon7775643
05-09-2003, 11:20 PM
If you have access to some sort of convincence store between classes, pick up some milk to drink during class. If you have access to a 'fridge at work, it might be possible there too. You might be able to find a large thermos that would hold a bunch of it cold throughout the morning as well.

Everyone else's suggestions are excellent as well. Nuts are perfect if you're on the move.

crab
05-09-2003, 11:22 PM
what is "natty" Peanut butter? I've heard natty before but i don't know if its a brand or what?

steveo
05-10-2003, 01:32 AM
What I would do was take an ice chest and leave it in my car and have tuna, chicken, MRP+Milk, and other crap and I would go to my car and eat. It was cold but hell I got my meals in. Or sometime I would take into the student center and heat it up in the microwave depending how much time I had.

GhettoSmurf
05-10-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by crab
what is "natty" Peanut butter? I've heard natty before but i don't know if its a brand or what?

"natty" just refers to Natural Peanut Butter

Non-Natural Peanut Butter Brands (bad): skippy's, JIF, Peter Pan

Natural Peanut Butter Brands (good!): Smuckers, Nature's Own

i just get smuckers from my local grocery store.

you can tell if the PB is natural when you see a layer of oil settled at the top of the jar on the PB.

also the ingredients SHOULD read: Peanuts OR Peanuts, Salt

Ironman8
05-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
Non-Natural Peanut Butter Brands (bad): skippy's, JIF, Peter Pan

Not necessarily. There's just to much added crap to eat, but it would still have the same affects as eating natty PB.

bradley
05-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8

Not necessarily. There's just to much added crap to eat, but it would still have the same affects as eating natty PB.

Sure it is fine if you don't mind the trans fats and other things that are added to make it nice and creamy.

Saint Patrick
05-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by bradley

Sure it is fine if you don't mind the trans fats and other things that are added to make it nice and creamy.

mmmmm..........partially hydrogenated vegetable shortening :drooling: YUM!

Manveet
05-10-2003, 01:09 PM
I would make a crap load of tuna sandwhiches for those two days. Make a bunch of chicken breasts before hand, slice them up into slices and put them into a zip lock bag, great to snack on. Same goes with eggs, make a crap load of hard boiled eggs, put them into zip lock bags.

GhettoSmurf
05-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
I would make a crap load of tuna sandwhiches for those two days. Make a bunch of chicken breasts before hand, slice them up into slices and put them into a zip lock bag, great to snack on. Same goes with eggs, make a crap load of hard boiled eggs, put them into zip

that sounds like a good idea lock bags.

SoulOfKoRea
05-11-2003, 11:32 AM
I usually take a natty peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch at school, and some nuts for a snack inbetween breakfast and lunch..

SANDWICHES ARE FOR SANDWICH BAGS!