PDA

View Full Version : GrifteR's Journal. (8(i)

GrifteR
06-28-2003, 12:49 AM
The Beginning :strong: (the base)

June 27, 2003.
Height: 5'6
Weight: 143 lbs. Status: too ****ing skinny!!!
Biceps (all flexed): 13"
Forearms: 10.5"
Hams: 21.5"
Calves:13"
Waist: 33"

Doing WBB #1 For 6 weeks, started on May 5, 2003 at 141 lbs. Doing mostly compound movements to attain overall mass, and a bigger frame. Focused on heavy weights and learned how to do each rep more intensely, had good gains w/ squats and hammies but not so much in the arms. I focused on hypertrophy in my arms and traps so I reduced the weight and I got a good pump, and better growth.

Currently I am taking multivitamin, whey protein and I just started a cycle of creatine. My goal this year is to gain at least 2 lbs. a month, so during July, August, September, October, November & December 2003, I should gain about 12 lbs. of muscle and weight around 155 lbs. by the new year.

My overall goal is to build a nice physique at around 160 lbs. and have about 7% bodyfat.

GrifteR
06-28-2003, 12:57 AM
Diet: As for now I am not counting my calories but I try to eat a good deal of protein (beef, chicken breast, and whey) and the right amount of carbs for energy (mostly rice). I eat many meals throughout the day, and I try to drink about 6 cups of water. As I gained weight, I maybe gained around 4% extra bodyfat, but I plan to cut when I hit around 160 lbs.

GrifteR
06-30-2003, 03:08 PM
June 30, 2003

Today, I began WBB # 2 and incorporated dumbell fly's and lateral raises to my regimen. Fly's made me feel my upper chest get pumped, and I can see it start to fill out. Lateral raises are cutting up my delts a bit, but I noticed I can't do as many raises going to the side as I can when I lift it straight in front of me.

Short term goal: hit 150 lbs. by November 2003.

Mik
06-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Good luck Grifter and welcome to journal land.

:spam:

GrifteR
07-01-2003, 12:09 AM
June 30, 2003

THank you Mik, OK I remeasured my stats because I forgot to measure my chest as well. So here goes (all flexed):
Height: 5"6'
Weight: 144 lbs.
Bodyfat %: Approximately 13%, My gut is about 16%
Chest: 37"
Biceps (all flexed): 13"
Forearms: 10.5"
Hams: 21.5"
Calves:13"
Waist: 33"

PS. I ate like a mother****er today. Tons of salmon and beef steak strips, creatine, and whey. 150 lbs. here i come motha****a!

GrifteR
07-01-2003, 11:20 PM
yeah right!!!!!!!! this is grif's girlfriend and he's gonna be skinny forever!!! haha

GrifteR
07-20-2003, 12:13 AM
7-19-03

Haven't been working out for ages, but still I maintained a bodyweight of 144 lbs. So I got lucky =/. Today was my chest day and I drank creatine and a EAS post workout drink I bought from Walmart this weekend. Hopefully I will get to 150 lbs. by mid August. August 1st is me and my gf's weigh day so hopefully I will be 148 by then.

GrifteR
07-24-2003, 12:33 AM
July 23, 2003

My hypertrophy regimen increased my weight to 146 lbs., but I believe I have reached a plateau with this exercise regimen. I've been hovering around 146 for maybe a couple of weeks, and my arms have not yielded the results I was expecting. So I have decided to focus more on the compound movements to increase overall body size and thickness (during this regimen I will allow myself to skip exercises such as bicep curls, skullcrushers, etc. just as long as I do the compound movements) , so I will just copy and paste my exercise log book that I made in excel:

Compound Regimen
Goals: Focus on compound movements in order to build a bigger frame, increase overall muscle mass,
hopefully arm size will increase w/out having to worry about hypertrophy, break the 150 lb. barrier!
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5
Date:

Exercises

Split 1 - Legs
Squats
Quad Extensions

Split 2 - Chest/Tri's/Shoulders
Incline Dumbell Bench
Flat Bench Press
Military Dumbell Press

Split 3 - Back/Bi's
Barbell Rows
Pull Ups
Deadlifts

Weight:

GrifteR
07-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Oh yea and I went to GNC today, when I save enough m0ney I plan to buy the MEGAMEN multi-vitamin and some Optimum Nutritions 100% whey because I have been out of protein for about 3 weeks =(.

GrifteR
08-01-2003, 01:36 AM
August 1st, 2003

I bought MegaMen multi-vitamin from GNC today. I read the NO2 book and read about periodization. Which is a weight training program that consists of hypertrophy (8-12 reps) , strength (5-9 reps), and power (1-5 reps). 4 weeks for each. I have also decided to include my arm workouts back into my compound regimen, but since I have just started the Strength cycle I will use heavier weights to stimulate more growth.

Shane
08-01-2003, 01:42 AM
:spam: Good luck with the journal.

Love the avatar man. :D

GrifteR
09-05-2003, 01:52 AM
Hehe, thanks shane ^^

Septermber 4, 2003.

Well I enrolled in a weight training class with my gf, for the fall semester, this is great news becasue it forces me to workout every Tuesday and Thursday from 2-3 pm, and I can have access to equipment that iI do not have in my garage. I am especially looking forward to using the preacher curl, the calf macihine, and the cable machines for cable curls, tricep pulldowns, back rows, etc. The class is great becasue it also forces me to do ab work, for 15 minutes when the class begins. I stopped taking creatine a few weeks ago, and I feel I still am gaining 1 or 2 lbs. w/ just whey protein, a good diet, and hard , intense workouts. Well I'm going to update this later bceause my keyboard is so ****ed up, it has a delayed reaction of about 15 sec. after i type, so I'll catvh ya'll later. Peace, Grif.

GrifteR
09-05-2003, 02:03 AM
Septermber 5, 2003

This is waht I ate yesterday:

Breakfast-4 eggwhites, 2 slices of ham, and pork&beans, and Grits w/ milke. ( my keyboard is still ****ed up so ican't see what I'm tpying)

Lunch- Mexican food from school (beef, corn, chicken, lettuce, sour cream , etc. )

Dinner - Sushi, tempuras shrimp and seaweed salad. ( didnt eat much becasue i had to go to church earlier)

Dinner #2 - ziti from zbarro, beef and broccolli, and rice, and a cup of yogurt. I hope I will hit 150 lbs. in about 2 weeks !

GrifteR
01-18-2006, 03:26 PM
January 18, 2006 Starting All over again...

Haven't been working out...weigh 130 lbs. Don't know why I lost so much weight, i feel the same as before. Anyways, bought a new home gym...gona try to gain my weight back. Short term goal: 140 lbs.

bschatz88
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Get in here and start posting workouts. Good luck!

GrifteR
01-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks bro!

This is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal

Meal 2: Spaghetti

Post Workout: Banana /Strawberry w/ 1 scoop Whey Protein

Meal 3: Beef Cinigang

Meal 4: Spaghetti w/ fruits for dessert

Meal 5: Beef Cinigang (lol) same ****

Midnight Snack : Peanut Butter Sandwich

GrifteR
01-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Breakfast: 4 eggs, peanut butter sandwich, 2 slices ham, orange juice.

Meal 2: Spaghetti, mixed vegetables, water.

Meal 3: Spaghetti, lima beans, water.

Post workout: Protein Shake/ banana

Meal 4: Fish, rice, veggies

Snack: Protein Shake/banana