PDA

View Full Version : 8/12/03- A day of my diet

furious
08-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Hello all,

Please critique this bulking diet and let me know what you think. Excuse the lack of nutritional info, stil working that out.

9:30 am:

3 chicken breasts- 1.52lbs
1 tub cottage cheese

12: 30:

1 tub cottage cheese

2:30:

apple
bag of turkey jerkey- 80 calories

5:00 (pre workout)

Nitrotech Vanilla breeze protein shake- 220 cals, 45g protein, 2g carb, 1g fat

7:30 (post workout)

Nitrotech shake

8:30:

3 chicken breast: 1.60lbs

12:00:

nitrotech protein shake

WillKuenzel
08-14-2003, 09:16 AM
I see no fats and no carbs. tuttut Dude you are bulking, don't be afraid of either.

You are probably getting almost all your calories from protein. Probably about half of it will be going to waste. You only need about 1-1.5grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. (1.5 at the most).

You can eat man! Pasta, potatoes, veggies. It doesn't look like you are getting anything through your diet.

furious
08-14-2003, 09:25 AM
You are correct in the sense that I do shy away from carbs, and fat. I realise much of that protein may go to waste, but logically it seems that as protein is the primary building block in muscle grwoth, alot of protein would equate to much mucle growth, and minimal fat gain, as long as I am taking in more calories than I burn.

WillKuenzel
08-14-2003, 09:30 AM
That thinking is flawed. Your body will only use what protein it needs. Just because there is extra there doesn't mean it'll go towards muscle building. It doesn't matter if the extra calories are, carbs, protein or fat. It'll still put fat on regardless as to whether you are eating all protein or all carbs.

Some of that protein will get converted to something else so that it can be used for energy. Make it easier on yourself and add some carbs and fat. Partition those things out will actually increase energy, increase metabolism and quite possibly help you build muscle better than just eating all protein.

You're likely to be very tired on that diet, whether you are getting plenty of calories or not.

I eat way more carbs and lots more fat than you do and I'm cutting. Hasn't affected my fat loss, show I don't see how it could affect your bulking.

pruneman
08-14-2003, 01:00 PM
:withstupi

Carbs are the best source of energy and you want to have that energy in order to train intensely. Fat is equally important because of it's roles in hormone production (testosterone for example). Fat is also necessary for the absorption of certain vitamins and mineral from food. Additionally, an all protein diet can be harmful to your kidnies in addition to making you feel sluggish.
Just remember...there is no magic diet that will make you ripped in the short term. BBing is a long-term thing. Just keep working hard at it and you'll get it.

God luck on your goals
-prune