PDA

View Full Version : dieting while in high school

jrw
09-28-2003, 07:52 PM
alright im a senior in high school and its hard to have a bulking diet while in school, i mean all i can do is eat in the mourning and lunch but after school i can eat as much as i want, an di still dotn have alot of time after school soemtimes to eat, does anyone have any ways they can help me out a little on some better things to eat, and what to eat in the mourning while i have a choice, because i dont have a choice at lunch, even tho my locker is full of protein bars, i also needs some good things to eat after school that are easy to cook

Sara
09-28-2003, 08:44 PM
I had the same experience when I was in HS last year, it was hard but I had to squeeze in meals between classes!! So I'd stop by my locker grab a sandwich and wolf it down on the way to class!! As for after school I stuck with lotsa frozen foods, I bought grilled fish filets and frozen boxed chicken breast and I'd cook them about 10-15 mins after school, sometimes I'd roast a whole bunch of chicken then put it in a container in the fridge and it would last me the week all I had to do was take one out pile some cheese and veggies and throw it in the microwave and viola!!

It was hard to get used to but once you start making lunch and meals the day night before you'll get used to it!! Thats just a suggestion from my experience!!

jinxx
09-29-2003, 01:05 AM
I do the exact same thing. I have to work from 8:30 till 5. So before I go to sleep I usually cook about 300 gram of chicken and boil like 4 or 5 eggs so I can take it all with me to work, sometimes I even make some rice and add some chicken with it and just take it with me in one of those plastic boxes.

Works for me, just gotta plan ahead.

jrw
09-29-2003, 04:00 PM
but see im in high school so i can pull out meals in the middle of class and start eating, but sarah for the eating in between i do that soem with protein bars, but still i cant shove a sanwhich down in the little bit of time i have to get to class

Spartacus
09-29-2003, 07:43 PM
you will be fine if you have a big breakfast and lunch.

bradley
09-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by jrw
but see im in high school so i can pull out meals in the middle of class and start eating, but sarah for the eating in between i do that soem with protein bars, but still i cant shove a sanwhich down in the little bit of time i have to get to class

I agree with Spartacus. There is really no advantage to eating 5-6 meals per day, except for the fact that it is easier to consume more calories. As long as you are eating at least 3-4 meals per day you will be fine, but you will have to increase the size of the meals in order to make sure that you are taking in enough calories to grow. Makes sure you are taking in adequate amounts of protein and fat (EFAs), and remain in a calorie surplus each day and you will gain weight.

You can also consume liquid calories, which are fast and convenient. Just take some type of protein powder or MRP and add water while you are at school.