PDA

View Full Version : Diet on rest week?

MorganB
11-08-2003, 06:22 AM
I have decided to take a rest week next week even though its off schedule. Im kinda run down, not slept well for a few days etc, plus I tore a muscle in my leg doing lunges (only minor, didnt stop me training but its uncomfortable). I was planning 12 weeks on, 1 week off, and its only been 7 weeks on this round.

Now my question is for this off week what should I do diet wise? I have made steady gains and its noticable in the limbs, chest etc. But I also lost some definition in the waist. Could I cut for the week im resting? Or is that a bad idea? I thought perhaps I could shed a pound or maybe two whilst resting :)

Midian
11-08-2003, 06:37 AM
your diet should stay the same, maybe have a small decrease in calls intake but other then that it should stay the same, protein intake should definatly stay the same, so when you hit the weights again your blood is full of amino's

defcon
11-08-2003, 06:57 AM
i'd keep the protein and EFA the same, lower your carbs so you are at or a LITTLE above maintnaince IMO

MorganB
11-08-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by defcon
i'd keep the protein and EFA the same, lower your carbs so you are at or a LITTLE above maintnaince IMO

Little above maintainance will keep me at the same weight right? So trying to loose a pound or two is a bad idea for an off week?

Damn, was hoping I could sneak a few pounds off during the rest week without losing much muscle :)

Now the big problem is figuring what maintainance is for me when resting.......

Midian
11-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MorganB

Little above maintainance will keep me at the same weight right? So trying to loose a pound or two is a bad idea for an off week?

Damn, was hoping I could sneak a few pounds off during the rest week without losing much muscle :)

Now the big problem is figuring what maintainance is for me when resting.......

give me your height, age and weight i'l calculate if yor ya

MorganB
11-08-2003, 08:46 AM
6ft, 188 lbs, 34 years old

Midian
11-08-2003, 08:51 AM
6ft, 188 lbs, 34 years old

14528.12 to maintain

it's might be slightly off

Midian
11-08-2003, 08:54 AM
sorry made a HUGE mistake

it's 2233,88 to maintain

2733.88 to gain 1ibs a week

3233.88 to gain 2 ibs a week

and your metabolic rate is 1868.2

defcon
11-08-2003, 09:44 AM
If you were only planning to "rest" for one week then you won't notice any fat loss in a week.. just water IMO. maybe a little fat.. but nothing really.

MorganB
11-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Now I guess I have to get more scientific on the cals :) So far I just increased the intake until I started gaining. Basically ended up eating as much as I could :)

Anyone know the nutritional value of chocolate per g? :P

Midian
11-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Now I guess I have to get more scientific on the cals :) So far I just increased the intake until I started gaining. Basically ended up eating as much as I could :)

Anyone know the nutritional value of chocolate per g? :P

there is a basic rule

when you are cutting:

Calories: bodyweight x 11-13
Protein: bodyweight x 1.2-1.4

when you are bulking

Calories: bodyweight x 19-20
Protein: same as cutting

go here (http://www.nutri-facts.com/search.asp) for your nutrition facts

MorganB
11-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Ooooh crap ... just sat down and did the calculations.... with the pizza that is sat in the oven right now ill have hit 2900kc already. And id planned on having another shake and possibly three or four beers tonight (its saturday). Now ill dance some of the beer off I guess, but still im way over. Well I havnt started my rest week yet :) Trained yesterday, and my next day training is supposed to be monday.....

With the planned before bed shake im at 3250kc with 195g of protein. Usually I aim for 220-250g protein if I have trained that day.

No wonder my definition is a little less than it was in august :) BTW is it best to aim for 1lb a week or 2lb in a bulk phase? Any reason not to aim for the 2lb?

Now I just have to somehow cut off 1000kc from my diet .... eeek.

MorganB
11-08-2003, 01:03 PM
BTW the body weight I gave is my total... i have no idea as to lbm. I have no fat calipers.

Midian
11-08-2003, 01:40 PM
BTW the body weight I gave is my total... i have no idea as to lbm. I have no fat calipers.

it's ok that was supposed to be like that, but stay with the low fat food (tuna, cottage cheest, skin milk) maybe add cardio twice a week one time high intensity one time low ...

MorganB
11-08-2003, 02:38 PM
No cardio for a few more weeks, injured foot :) Snowboard season start soon and i need to be in one piece!

Scott S
11-08-2003, 03:21 PM
It would be best to gain a little weight during the week. A least you are wise enough to rest when you get injured! :thumbup:

MorganB
11-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Actually Its taken 15 years of being a total pillock to learn that lesson :)

Talking of being a total pillock, if i snowboard 3 or 4 hours a day what does that do the the calories for my maintainance level? I wont be doing it this weekend but its gonna be an issue soon.