PDA

View Full Version : tuna is teh nasty

JustinASU
11-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Why does tuna make me wanna yak all over myself? I used to eat 3-4 lbs of it a week and I started o get sick of it so I stopped for about 3-4 months and I started again recently and the taste makes me feel sick.

raniali
11-09-2003, 05:15 PM
and people wonder why i went vegetarian for a few years
the idea comes back fairly often, usually when i am eating my daily tuna meal

i feel ur pain, brother

BCC
11-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Tuna Fillet is your friend. Olive oil is the shiat.

snow
11-09-2003, 06:35 PM
if eating 3-4 lbs a week makes my head look swallowed by my body like you......i'll get over the taste!

Stephen Riddington
11-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Bring more variety to tuna, for example add Miracle Whip, and eat it for a while. Next time add something different, ketchup, bbq sauce, frank's etc. Or get those flavored ones, from Clover Leaf. I'm dying to try them, while buy them next time I go shipping.

*edit* oops I meant shopping :redface:

defcon
11-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Tuna + Hot Sauce my friend, love that stuff :)

Tuna + oatmeal + hotsauce all mixed in a bowl = 3 of my meals every day :D love it to death lol. Im crazy :(

Stephen Riddington
11-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Tuna, Oatmeal, and hot sauce??? what world are you on??? you're nuts!!! That's the grossest thing I have ever heard. :eek:

PizDoff
11-10-2003, 10:54 AM
that IS NASTY!!!!

Teufelhund
11-10-2003, 11:02 AM
hmmm... What kind of hot sauce? Like tabasco? I wonder is salsa is just as good...

Spartacus
11-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Tuna + Hot Sauce my friend, love that stuff

Tuna + oatmeal + hotsauce all mixed in a bowl = 3 of my meals every day love it to death lol. Im crazy

:omg:

defcon
11-10-2003, 11:37 AM
haha.. dun diss it till your try! being a studnet i only get 10 mins between classes, no trouble to throw these things down :) And i use Franks red hot sauce.. about a 355ml bottle every 3 days :P

chrisconnell85
11-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Jeez man I just tried tuna and hot sauce and now i'm ADDICTED. My gawd it's the best stuff on the planet! Great idea bro I give ya props...

raniali
11-13-2003, 10:50 AM
you forgot a key ingredient: the oatmeal.

geoffgarcia
11-13-2003, 10:56 AM
expirement with the different types of tuna as they all have a different taste/texture
brands as well as chunk vs chunck light.
at the end of my kick I had settled on the little blue can of chunk light in oil with a dash of Kens Creamy Parmisean w/ peppericorn salad dressing on top, I remember it as the highlihgt of my days (I'd eat about 4 cans per day)

smalls
11-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Right after digging into cadavers in my anatomy lab I always have a can of tuna That's the only time I find it kinda difficult to eat tuna (it can look a lot like muscle). I eat completely too much tuna, but its just too damn easy to open and can and eat it.

HobbesAB
11-14-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by smalls
I eat completely too much tuna, but its just too damn easy to open and can and eat it.

that is exactly the reason why I eat so much of it. my wife thinks I'm crazy ;)

syclone2659
11-14-2003, 03:53 AM
yum i just ate tunaa with a little miricle whip for fat and protien meal....mmmmm i like the white albacore tuna, im going to try the hot sauce thing tomorrow, with maybee oatmeal on the side:)

defcon
11-14-2003, 05:08 AM
See, i told you tuna + oatmeal + hot sauce = godly meal.

get a tubber ware container, put 1/3-1/2 cup of oats ( cutting :\ ) then about 2 tbs of hot sauce. Then opena can of tuna and put on top of this, and put about 3 tbs of hot sauce.. then MIX! stir it all around the container with a spoon, and eat, yummy :) Do you want pictures with step by step instructions? :) Im gonna do that today, or tommorow. hmm maybe sunday, sumday i will :P

geoffgarcia
11-14-2003, 08:53 AM
I hate being a poo poo'er, but I think some of you might want to take a look at mercury content in tuna from bioaccumulation.

I loved tuna for its taste/easy preparation/availability/LOVED the sushi!

I read a few articles on it and quit my tuna craze instantly and haven't looked back.

1 tuna steak puts you over the EPA (I think its EPA?) mercury ppm level for 3 months.

defcon
11-14-2003, 09:47 AM
No other sources of protein for me, living in a dorm without anything to cook anything, i sneak a kettle to boil eggs @ night.

ANd i would eat cottage cheese instead of tuna but the CC has either too much fat or 2 much carb and to get enough protein i will end up going over my calorie limit ( cutting ).

I would take shakes but drinking that 5 times a day is not the best option :P

JustinASU
11-14-2003, 12:29 PM
This thread is disgusting.

It doesn't matter what you put on it...that bland, fishy taste still shines through.

<shudder>

defcon
11-14-2003, 02:55 PM
No It Dosent :) what typ of tuna do you eat? i hate the white albacore expensive stuff, i love the skipjack chunk lite tho :)

JustinASU
11-14-2003, 04:34 PM
usually get starkist chuck light in those vacuum packs. Tastes like dog ass.

snow
11-14-2003, 08:10 PM
when was the last time you had a nice can of dog ass?

Saint Patrick
11-14-2003, 10:48 PM
I ate a can of tuna drenched in louisiana hot sauce every day for lunch earlier in the year when I was cutting. I served it over some keebler crackers and it wasn't bad at all.

smalls
11-15-2003, 06:38 PM
That albacore is the worst, usually the cheapest is the easiest to eat, but that's just me.

HobbesAB
11-15-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm particularly fond of Starkist Tuna Chunk Fillet in Olive Oil. There is an appreciable difference in the quality of the tuna in these cans versus the less expensive $0.58 cans.

Rocket4Life
11-18-2003, 06:59 PM
I go for tuna + miracle whip + pickle relish...mmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Exnor
11-19-2003, 08:35 AM
I find eating it out the can is the best/easiest way for me. Oh and get your tuna from Calias, France. It tastes way better.

I eat a can of sardines all the other days coz of the mercury in Tuna, altho sardines prolly has some in too.

drgn76
11-19-2003, 09:38 AM
I just tried something that I thought made tuna taste much better. There is an "orange type" sauce that you can get at most supermarkets and probably any Asian supermarket that is sweet/tangy and just slightly spicy. Some of you may have had it as a dipping sauce in a restaurant. But after squeezing out all the tuna fish water in the can, and adding a 1 - 2 teaspoons of the sauce, the fishy flavor was almost all gone, and it made me want to eat more if it.

AndresC
11-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by smalls
That albacore is the worst, usually the cheapest is the easiest to eat, but that's just me.

I so agree I bought an arrs load of albacore at costco and now it justs sits there b/c I hate it so much.

I'll trade anyone 2 cans of albacore for 1 can of normal tuna :cry:

MaDmaN2
11-21-2003, 10:05 AM
I like the pastene tuna in olive oil is quite good....

Berserker
11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Hot sauce. If you can afford it buy abacore.

Berserker
11-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by raniali
and people wonder why i went vegetarian for a few years

Nope thats not what I am wondering. I don't think you can use taste as a basis for becoming vegitarian. Though every one is differant.

WaterWalker
11-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by geoffgarcia
I hate being a poo poo'er, but I think some of you might want to take a look at mercury content in tuna from bioaccumulation.

I loved tuna for its taste/easy preparation/availability/LOVED the sushi!

I read a few articles on it and quit my tuna craze instantly and haven't looked back.

1 tuna steak puts you over the EPA (I think its EPA?) mercury ppm level for 3 months.

So what type of fish would be safe to eat everyday? Please don't say salmon...I hate salmon (unless it is raw). WW

Wu36
11-30-2003, 11:13 AM
EZ Mac + Tuna = goodness.
Tuna and hot sauce or salsa is also quite good. I'm a bit hesitant to add oatmeal, being that defcon will seemingly eat oatmeal with anything.

B_Flex
11-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by JustinASU
Why does tuna make me wanna yak all over myself? I used to eat 3-4 lbs of it a week and I started o get sick of it so I stopped for about 3-4 months and I started again recently and the taste makes me feel sick.

Mix the tuna with pasta sauce, takes the taste away, it really works!!!

Reinier
11-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Blasphemy. You SHALL like the taste of tuna