PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from pec tear

d-bol_dale
11-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Im only 19 and have never tried a one rep max on the bench but im fairly strong having performed 6 reps with 320lbs before. But this week disaster struck and I tore my pec. I was just wondering what sort of benching/chest routine you guys would recommend to aid recovery and make sure I dnt go back to using girly weights for to long. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

drew
11-12-2003, 01:29 PM
None! Go to a doctor and get some rest.

d-bol_dale
11-12-2003, 01:56 PM
I mean for once im fully rested up and im raedy to begin traning again

synthetic
11-13-2003, 04:04 PM
i had my delt torn, before i can put up 100lb dbs over my head but after i couldnt do 10lbs. i had to take a break the pain was awful when i attempted to lift. so after i healed i had to start from where i begun, with the 30lb dbs. when u get arrested ask the cops to cuff u in the front or double cuff u!

phreak
11-25-2003, 06:17 AM
I tore my pec last May. The continuous pain subsided after about three weeks, but it kept on feeling inflexible/tight for two months. My solution was to stop trying to bench altogether and concentrate a lot on my shoulders and tri's, mainly by doing standing military presses and snatches -- as they both stretch your pecs when your arms are overhead.

Last week I tried benching again and I was fully flexible and pain-free. Did a few light sets (6x200 Lbs) and experienced absolutely no adverse effects. Apart from an extreme case of DOMS... :D Will be at double BW next year even if it kills me! (and it most likely will :D )