PDA

View Full Version : form on big compound lifts

jazer80
04-10-2004, 01:36 PM
okay i'm new to powerlifting and i'm still just getting used to the bar and getting my form down. when i get used to an exercise i am usually really efficient, and train really hard. i was hoping someone could give me a link to the MOST COMPREHENSIVE explanations for squatting and deadlifts, both straight legged and regular. i have these videos that someone had posted before, but want the most in depth, accurate stuff i can find, since i train by myself and have no idea how well i've grasped these concepts and don't wanna hurt myself. thanks in advance

body
04-11-2004, 05:57 AM
be hard for dead and squat as lots of people do them differently depending on limb length etc.

jazer80
04-11-2004, 10:08 AM
sorry let me be more specific - i just want to know the general pointers, like keep your back arched, don't bounce through teh bottom of squats, whether or not to go past when your thighs are horizontal, stuff like that. basically all the things not to do, as i'm still using low weights and getting used to the motions

Saint Patrick
04-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Here's some videos w/ good form:

http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/Home.htm

jazer80
04-11-2004, 12:29 PM
thanks the descriptions help a lot... too bad for some reason my comp tries to open the videos, then winamp pops up but the screen is blank

Saint Patrick
04-11-2004, 02:23 PM
use windows media player