PDA

View Full Version : New pics quite a bit leaner

Buffster
05-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Hey guys, some new pics of me. I would like your advies on how to work on my chest, traps and calves because I really have the feeling those bodyparts are ruining my entire body... they're so goddamn small :(

The reason my chest sucks is probably because my shoulders take over all the heavy work, so what do you guys advise?

For more information about my work-outs and stuff you can look in my journal (see my signature)

And please if anyone feels like he/she can help me... please do :)

greetz,
Ron

Buffster
05-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Forgot my wheels :o

ryuage
05-16-2004, 12:22 PM
great improvement from last pictures, whats your weight at?

Buffster
05-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks, my weight is 206.8 lbs, but again, could you guys please help me on my weak points??? Because I think that if I'd get my body in balance, I maybe could do some bodybuilding contests in the future...

greetz,
Ron

Rastaman
05-16-2004, 01:45 PM
I would say your chest and traps need significant work. Your arms look like a strongpoint. Your shoulders look strong in the rear double bi pose. Lats look alright. What do you do for chest currently?

Buffster
05-16-2004, 04:57 PM
My last work-out was this one:
Decline dumbell presses 3 sets
Cable cross-overs 3 sets
Incline cable flyes 3 sets

But I want to try pre-exhausting now so my routine for tomorrow wil look like this:
Cable cross-overs 3 sets
Decline dumbell prepsses 3 sets

I do change my routine quite often, you can see that in my journal. Just wondering, what would you suggest me to do?

greetz,
Ron

Rastaman
05-17-2004, 12:57 AM
My last work-out was this one:
Decline dumbell presses 3 sets
Cable cross-overs 3 sets

But I want to try pre-exhausting now so my routine for tomorrow wil look like this:
Cable cross-overs 3 sets
Decline dumbell prepsses 3 sets

Personally, I would do a flat bench movement first, either bench press or dumbbell press. I would also drop cable cross-overs, or at the very least, place it at the very end of my chest routine. My training philosophy is to bring lagging bodyparts up to speed by hammering them with heavy sets of a major movement.

Your current chest routine is fairly unique. Is there a reason why you don't do a flat bench movement?

Just my two cents. Good luck with your training!

Buffster
05-17-2004, 04:28 AM
You know what the problem is, as soon as I do a pressing movement for my chest, my shoulders take over all the work :( How can I make sure my chest does most work?

greetz,
Ron

Relentless
05-17-2004, 08:09 AM
try seeking out a powerlifting coach and learning how to bench properly... proper form will help you immensely with your flat bench. generally speaking if your shoulders are getting too into it you probably don't have a proper arch

rastaman's approach to growth may work for you, and it may not

if you want your chest to grow, try heavy benching, try volume, experiment with different techniques to see what you respond to...