PDA

View Full Version : Eating the skins of fruit??

Allyrulez
06-07-2004, 01:53 PM
would eating the skin from fruits help my bb-ing?? Are they good for you?

vvv
06-07-2004, 02:05 PM
i think they act as roughage.. so cleans ur stomach thats it.. plus u get minerals and vitamins from them as well..
skins act as brooms for the stomach

kAiXuan
06-07-2004, 02:07 PM
try pineapple........its really good

fierce
06-07-2004, 03:56 PM
try pineapple........its really good
haha

Minotaur
06-08-2004, 07:32 AM
The skins have fiber. You can even eat the skin of kiwi fruit, fuzzy as it is. Lots of fiber.

Podium Kreatin
06-08-2004, 11:23 AM
well, the skins have vitamin E and some other fat sol stuff too besides fiber. remember that vitamin C does't work w/o vitamin E. eat the skins if u can! like apples, tomatoes, and pears. its also less timem consuming. (if u really wanna go old school, u can eat the orange peels like they did a few decades ago [i don't].)

make sure u WASH the fruit skin. fecal contamination is the most common type of food illness from eating fruit. the reason is that the fruit pickers are sometimes too lazy to walk to the port-a-johns, so they take a crap right there (remember odwalla organic juice?). synthetic pesticides also are superficial, and should be washed off by water easily

if u eat organic fruit, u may want to peel them, cuz there's a lot more carcinogens in their skins than pesticided fruits. the reason for this is b/c w/o synthetic pesticides which have little or no effect on humans to protect the fruits from bugs, the fruits'll release their own pesticides, whcih are less specific, and can hurt humans. the pesticides released by fruits do not wash off that easily.