PDA

View Full Version : abs pictures - trick photography

ctarden
06-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Hey everybody,

Check out some photos I took tonight... They turned out alright... The funny thing is, when I get up in the morning I swear I have abs when I turn to the side, when the lights are dim, but as soon as I turn on the lights, they go away... So, I thought I would try to duplicate the lighting and get some good ab photos...

What do you think??? You can kind of see my obliques in the second photo... Almost??? Sorry it's blurry, I got shakey hands...

Franco
06-11-2004, 04:55 AM
The pics are a little blurry, but I can see that you are lean.

How much do you weigh?

JTyrell710
06-11-2004, 08:03 AM
try taking real pictures without so much 'trick photography' that i can barely see your body... then maybe other people could critique it more..

wibble
06-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Low light makes you look more defined because of the way the light falls on you. You can see all your cuts more clearly but with a bright light everything is just bombarded and you look more flat and even.

Budiak
06-13-2004, 09:44 PM
When you turn on the lights, the light bounces all over the place-off of other surfaces in the room- and hits you from all different angles, thus reducing the effect. This explains the trick. This is, of course, the explanation for the case where you have a light on at half brilliance and turn it up to full power. If your morning pictures are taken from diffused window light and then you turn on room lights, you are adding a myriad of variables to the situation.

So it is not so much the intensity of the light as it is the angle. The light in these pictures are from a harsh sideways origin. When that is the case, long shadows are cast by the muscles and it makes you appear more muscular because it exaggerates the muscle seperation. Light from a source closer to the camera lens or eye will reduce the shadows and summarily reduce the visually enhancing effect that light can have.

Honestly, if you are taking shots that make your abs look good, you've found the way to do it. If you want to take a more objective look at your musculature, however, turn up the lights and move your camera towards the point of origin. Increasing the brilliance of the lights will reduce the necessary shutter speed and will negate the effect of your shaking hands.

kAiXuan
06-14-2004, 02:27 AM
those are some of the worst quality pics ive ever seen. If you have to do lighting tricks to see your abs, then you dont have good abs. Get to work son!!!!!!

Budiak
06-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Scorch.

reloaded
06-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Your spine is more relaxed in the morning after you wake up, so it's not as compressed at much. So, right when you wake up you will be taller and be thinner. As the morning goes on, your spine will compress again, leaving you the way you usually are.