PDA

View Full Version : critique my bulk

landlord
06-23-2004, 12:46 PM
hi everyone. i have been lurking around here for a little while, thanks for all the useful info. I have started a bulking diet about two weeks ago with no weight gain at all. I am 28 years old, 6 feet tall, and a consistent 166 pounds. I'm not sure of my body fat, probably fairly low... I am currently doing the WBB 1 routine with some slight variations.
I am tracking all my food at fitday.com and i am averaging about 3100 calories a day.i seem to average 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat per day. I am eating clean and getting plenty of protein, about 1.5 grams per body weight per day.

i would like to put on some good muscle and some size without getting TOO fat, do i just need to eat more calories? Also, while you are bulking how long does it take to start seeing weight gain? How much body fat can i expect to put on during a bulk?

Thanks for all your help, this site is great!

SW
06-23-2004, 01:21 PM
if you bulk clean fat gains shouldn't be too significant. 3100 calories a day sounds good, but if it's not working, try 4000. after about a week of successful bulking, you should see the effects. wow, not gaining ANYTHING on 3100 a day after two weeks. do u do cardio?

Saint Patrick
06-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Also you could set aside a day or two for some HIIT cardio.

landlord
06-23-2004, 02:53 PM
no, i laid off the cardio so i could try to bulk. i haven't done any since i started. is this just a matter of increasing my calories?