PDA

View Full Version : Starting up..

Variance
08-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Decided to start this journal to help motivate me in my workout.

Im 20. Im a CompSci/Pre-Med major. I havent been real motivated in the past. I would hit 140lb.. then quit working out for months and go back to 130 or so but Ive managed to get alot of things straight and find focus since then and Im ready to be more dedicated to my health and fitness.

I pretty much fit the body stereotype of the nerd at the moment. I'm around 5'6" 5'7" and my weight fluctuates around 130lb. I believe Im also an ectomorph because I have to force myself to eat and I have a fast metabolism.
---
My bodybuilding goals are to

1. bulk and hit steady 145 - 150lb by the end of the year by gaining lean muscle mass.
2. Increase my endurance, speed and agility for Arnis/Kali/Escrima.

My plan:
Basically eat as much as I can. and work out on a three day split with cardio in between.
----
Current workout schedule:
Sunday: rest.
Monday: Chest & Triceps
Tuesday: Plyometrics, Speed Training, Cardio, Martial Arts Training.
Wednesday: Legs, Back, Abs
Thursday: Same as Tuesday
Friday: Biceps, Shoulders.
Sat: rest.
---
My supplement stack:
Creatine - VPX CEX.. Some new Creatine Etyl Ester HCL. My friends who have all tried it say it has noticebly more effective for them then V12 which Ive just ran out of.

Citrulline Malate - SAN OX.. supposedly helps alot with recovery. I hear alot of good things about it.. so I figured i try this out too

Multivitamin - Animal Pak

EFA's - I take 2 flaxseed oil tabs in the morning and at night. I also eat 3 or 4 eggplus pilgrims pride eggs in the morning.. supposedly has alot of omega's

BCAA's - TwinLabs Amino Fuel

Protein - Nectar and Opticen.. when I can make myself drink it. I guess me and the vanilla flavor just dont mix. Shoulda got the chocolate.

--
Difficulty:
I have to give up carbonated drinks until the weekends.. Im addicted to soda. Thats gonna be pretty hard for me.
Also not dropping my workout schedule when finals hit is going to be difficult.
--

Critique/Comments, encouragement and suggestions are more than welcome.

mattburns
08-26-2004, 04:21 PM
good luck :)

maybe instead of carbonated drinks drink apple, orange or grape juice.

ryuage
08-26-2004, 04:23 PM
good luck, try switching to diet soda at the least...