PDA

View Full Version : The Journey of a God - Shiva's Tale

Shiva Christ
09-14-2004, 07:48 PM
This sounds like the perfect place to start and to help maintain my goals... so why not?

I started again a week ago, motivated by a woman. I know they say that you should motivate yourself, but every man needs a woman, and Shiva needs his Parvati. She motived him into wanting to better himself, and thus I once again entered the gym. This is after a year of putting on weight due to some terrible problems in real life that sat heavy on my soul.

The last week has been fairly light, but I'm slowly adding weight lifting into my routine. Today I took the day off, but tomorrow I will be going to the gym and running for 30 minutes, then lifting for 20.

As I progress, I hope to raise the running to 45, and also increase the lifting to 30 minutes.

We shall see!

SW
09-14-2004, 09:25 PM
More power to you. Stick around and learn and ask questions of ppl. Lots and lots of good stuff here, quality ****. Stick with it and become that God.

Shane
09-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Good luck with your goals Shiva. :thumbup:

TheGimp
09-15-2004, 02:32 AM
Women are great motivation :)

Good luck

SW
09-15-2004, 11:08 AM
You say you lift for 20 minutes. That sounds alot shorter than most ppl need to get'r'done. Why don't you post your entire routine up here so we all can take a look and tell you how much it sucks...jk ;)

Shiva Christ
09-15-2004, 04:44 PM
lol!

Well at the moment I'm doing 2 muscle groups...

For example one day I'll do chest/tricep, another day back/bicep, and then shoulders/forearms or vary. I'm just not doing a ton of sets yet, more like 4 sets of each.

I definetely need to add more! :)

Shiva Christ
09-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Today I ran hard... no lifting, but I was exhausted... ran hard and burned off a decent # of calories :)

TheGimp
09-17-2004, 03:28 AM
It's refreshing to see people do 20 minute workouts as opposed to 2 hours. After an hour cortisol levels start introducing some major catabolism. Provided you feel you got everything done in the 20 minutes then it's fine. I think it's probably a good idea to fix some kind of definite routine.

Shiva Christ
09-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Definetely, a routine would be beneficial, especially when it comes to the lifting portion.

I read this article that claims you can lose 1000 calories a day... 45 minute run on a treadmill that burns off 550-600 calories and then a rapid-pace lifting workout that burns 450-500 calories in 45 minutes.

I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet!

About to hit the gym though, and get in another good run. I will burn off this fat!

Shiva Christ
09-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Ran, was successful. Did 2 miles, fairly intense. Machine said I burned 300 calories, but you always know the machine lies :P

I didn't lift today, was tired from the run. Also on the 3rd day of the diet. Tomorrow back to regular food :)

BigNic
09-17-2004, 06:21 PM
bro, you do not neccesarily need to be upping your volume too much. Myself i gain off of 5-6 sets for major bodyparts and 1-2 for minor. The thing you need to realize is that most people overtrain. Why dont you post your workout, do you train to failure?

Shiva Christ
09-17-2004, 07:32 PM
bro, you do not neccesarily need to be upping your volume too much. Myself i gain off of 5-6 sets for major bodyparts and 1-2 for minor. The thing you need to realize is that most people overtrain. Why dont you post your workout, do you train to failure?

No I don't though I hear that works.

I did something I liked a while ago was thinking of restarting... I would, for example, want to work my biceps.

So I would do a set of 12 at a light weight. I would add 5 lbs and do a set of 10 only after a 20 second wait.... then ad 5 lbs and do a set of 8 after 20 seconds.... then add 5 lbs and do a set of 6 after a 20 second wait.

Finally, I would lower the weight and crank off a last set of 12.

It seemed to be a decent way of building.