PDA

View Full Version : Critique my refeed

Frozenmoses
09-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Okay, posted this in my journal already, but I figured I'd get a little more traffic and feedback here. Anyway, here it is.

Okay, just kicking around some ideas for my refeed. Having a little bit of trouble, though. I know I have to keep my fat intake very low, carbs very high, and protein moderate. I've read that eating sugary carbs at the beginning and starchy carbs towards the end of the refeed is the way to go. I know it seems like a rather monotonous diet, but can any of you culo's take a gander and tell me what you think of this?

Meal 1: 3 cups Random kids cereal, 3 cups skim milk.
Meal 2: 3 cups Random kids cereal, 3 cups skim milk.
Meal 3: 3 cups random kids cereal, 3 cups skim milk.
Meal 4: 8 oz white baked potato, 1/4 cup fat free cheese, 4 oz chicken breast, salsa.
Meal 5: 4 oz oven baked sweet potato french fries, 1 tbsp ketchup.
Meal 6: 8 oz white baked potato, 1/4 cup fat free cheese, 4 oz chicken breast, salsa.
Meal 7: 4 oz oven baked sweet potato french fries, 1 tbsp ketchup.

Breakdown:
Cals: 2772
Fat: 23 g
Carbs: 475 g
Protein: 178 g

I don't particularly have a problem eating the same things over and over again, I'm really just curious if there are any flaws as far as boosting leptin levels with this as a refeed,

Vido
09-29-2004, 08:05 PM
The macros look good, but I know when I was doing UD2 I always looked the best after a "clean" refeed...in other words, maybe my first meal was high GI, after that it was all oats and brown rice.

Frozenmoses
09-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Vido - Thanks for the info. At the current stage in my diet, I still have a pretty high bf %. I'm thinking this refeed might be okay for where I'm at, and maybe I'll start tapering towards lower GI carbs for refeeds when my bf% goes down some more, unless someone knows something I don't. Thanks again, bro.

Saint Patrick
09-29-2004, 08:48 PM
You should work out on refeed days, you'll have more energy in the gym, and maybe even promote a little anabolic activity.

So go forth and lift young lad, and throw some Whey & Dextrose in there.

Other than that, looks solid.

Frozenmoses
09-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Schwing. Thanks Patty. I'll mix it up a bit more with some dex and whey. Should I be lifting on my refeed days, or will cardio suffice? I had planned on doing my refeeds on saturdays, but I can rearrange that if I would benefit more from resistance training.

Vido
09-29-2004, 10:51 PM
I personally like lifting the day after the refeed. At this point, your glycogen stores should be full and you should be more than ready to throw some heavy weights around.

Doing some HIIT cardio first thing in the morning before starting your refeed is also a good idea as far as I'm concerned.

Frozenmoses
09-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Cool info, Vido. I think I'll save my refeed for Sunday, then, so I can hopefully kick ass on Monday's chest/tri workout.

galileo
09-30-2004, 05:44 AM
I agree with Vido on his points. I will say however, as carb sensitive as I am, my refeeds on UD2 looked way worse than that. I always ended up full n' dry the next day. I used a lot of bagels, pastas, ff cream cheese, low fat twinkies (heheh), etc. I always grabbed a low fat subway sandwich on the refeed too.

Damn, I'm all hungry now. I think it's time to start UD2 again soon. :)

AllUp
10-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Smarties and candy jewelry seem to work well (Dextrose & magnesium stearate) post depletion WO with a dextrose shake.

I second Vido's post about the "clean" refeed as well. I once tried a refeed w/rice krispies treats and other crap once(essentially all High-GI meals), just to see what would happen and whether or not there was a drastic visual appearance. Needless to say I bloated like crazy that evening into the next day... not fun.

I believe that day I had like 3 or 4 Rice Krispie treats BIG-BAR's as well as a few other fructose containing products.