PDA

View Full Version : Fat loss

accuFLEX
10-24-2004, 04:41 PM
In what order do men usually lose fat off their bodies? I have fat around my gut and chest and want to know when it will go

getfit
10-24-2004, 04:44 PM
diet?

accuFLEX
10-24-2004, 04:46 PM
yes, but in what order? Does it go legs, hips, ass, gut, chest? I have no idea

ozzyman
10-24-2004, 04:51 PM
stomach and "love handles" can be some of the hardest spots on the human body to lose fat. maybe someone else can elaborate on this but I remember reading that around your abdomen there is only certain receptors that make it more difficult to stimulate fat burning in this area.

Zearoth
10-24-2004, 06:05 PM
There is no such thing as spot reduction.

abwowang
10-24-2004, 06:35 PM
when ur losing weight.. the last places u see are the mid section, love handles and abs..
the others are about the same..
it also depends on how fat u r.. if u are REALLY fat.. the neck first

powerhalf
10-25-2004, 02:10 PM
stomach and "love handles" can be some of the hardest spots on the human body to lose fat. maybe someone else can elaborate on this but I remember reading that around your abdomen there is only certain receptors that make it more difficult to stimulate fat burning in this area.

I haven't read any research or studies on this, but I wouldn't be suprised if this is true. It probably has something to do with insulating the internal organs in that area- having fat there for that purpose would be more important than having it on your arms or legs (in a survival situation, which all animals are in, technically). Still kind of a pain in the ass though, isn't it? :)

And the thing about spot reduction-- that cannot be stressed enough times. It simply can't be done without surgery. (Although it's been said that certain topical products can do it, I don't know)

deuce02
10-26-2004, 09:57 AM
I read somewhere that it goes face, legs, chest then mid section, that is also how I lose it. When I started you could see the loss in my face within a week.

I have lost 20 punds, all fat in the past seven months. I did it by hitting the weights and running. I lift much more than everyone says I should, six days a week. I tend to hit each muscle three times a week. I know that doe not go with what is posted here everyday, but it works for me. Because my goal was to gain muscle and lose fat.

I started at 191 and am down to 171, and I have more muscle and definition than I ever have. I still have about five or six pounds of fat to lose.