Lift

Supper:
Chicken (Lots of chicken!), or other meat, or Mac and Cheese some fruit
Milk (I drink about a half gallon/day)

Take protein: Go to sleep

big calvin
11-13-2001, 07:32 AM
your trying to bulk right?

is yes then its fine. just try not to go any longer then 4 hours withut some type of protien...

Wizard
11-13-2001, 07:46 AM
You can try to divide the calories to more meals,about 6-7 to absorb the calories more efficiently.
Anyway,if this is the best you can have,have it,but the most important thing you can do,is to change a lil bit the supper (postworkout).Try to include some rice or a potato in.Eating fruit postworkout is not a good idea.Also reduce the fat intake.(cheese and/or Mac)

How the crappy meal looks like?

YatesNightBlade
11-13-2001, 08:51 AM
Just eat Oats, no cheerios (although I hear Beercan has gotten good gains from 'meat cherrios' lol) and what "Protein" are you having ?

Tryska
11-13-2001, 08:53 AM
okay..is it just me, or does there seem to be an awful lot of carbs in this diet?

is it for cutting or bulking? where are the vegetables? what's the macro breakdown here?

and like yates asked..what protein??

Thadon
11-13-2001, 03:06 PM
Yeah, for bulking...
Oats don't have that much protein, cheerios have more so I was eating them before I worked out.
I think i'm going to start eating eggs for breakfast, how much protein does each egg have? Do you eat the yokes? I heard the yokes are bad for ya.

So no fruit post work out, but before work out?
I've heard cottage cheese has a lot of protein, maybe i'll eat that before my work out too.

The protein i'm taking is just protein power (Whey) w/o milk.
Yeah, I dont eat any vegetables on normal days-ha ha. I probably should start eating some, are they really important to adding muscle?

Wizard
11-13-2001, 03:18 PM
Each 80grams egg has 8grams of protein and 7grams of fat as well.The fat is all found in the yolk but it's not that bad as it contains essential fatty acids,vitamins,minerals and lecithin.It depends on your caloric intake whether you're going to consume 1 or 2 or even more yolks.

Fruit is ok for preworkout.Cottage is ok too.

Vegetables are important for your health and your diet as well.In addition everything that's good for your diet,is good for your health too because what you eat can play a vital role to your health.
Most veggies help keeping blood sugar levels low so it's good for the quality of weight you gain too.

Thadon
11-13-2001, 03:23 PM
Ok, so you think eating the yolk is good?

How many vegetables, do you think I should eat/day?
When should I eat these? Pre work out? Post workout?
Are there any vegetables that are better than others?

I've heard eating cottage cheese before you sleep is good, is it?
I'll probably eat some Cottage Cheese, Nuts, and or Tuna before I go to sleep too.

Wizard
11-13-2001, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Thadon
Ok, so you think eating the yolk is good?

How many vegetables, do you think I should eat/day?
When should I eat these? Pre work out? Post workout?
Are there any vegetables that are better than others?

I've heard eating cottage cheese before you sleep is good, is it?
I'll probably eat some Cottage Cheese, Nuts, and or Tuna before I go to sleep too.
:eek: Take it easy!..
Well.

1.Certainly.Eat 1-2 eggs per day.They also contain cholesterol and help in the hormonal balance in your body.

2.You should eat 2-3 servings of veggies.
3.You can have them in any meal.(except for the postworkout)
3.Cauliflower,broccoli,spinach,green beans are the best ones IMO.

4.Cottage cheese contains large(enough to make you feel sleepy)
amounts of L-Tryptophan,an aminoacid wich makes you feel sleepy because it promotes the production of melatonin,the responsible hormone for your sleep pattern.It's also found in large amounts in turkey.

Anything else? :)

Jane
11-13-2001, 05:55 PM
egg whites are a great source of protein to mix in with those eggs

and tryska, i thought the same thing, so many carbs.
figure out some percentage ratios for best results.

Thadon
11-13-2001, 06:29 PM
Ok, so here's what i'm thinking now:
Breakfast:
3-4 eggs, glass of OJ, 2 bannana's, Whey Protein power w/ Milk

Lunch: Greasy school food

After School:
Some vegetables (2-3)Oatmeal, Whey protein power w/ milk
and some fruit

Supper: Chicken (OR pasta, or Rice, or some other meat), some fruit, and some vegetables

Lift

Post workout:
Cottage Cheese and some nuts, then take protein w/ milk

Jane
11-13-2001, 07:06 PM

Supper: Chicken (OR pasta, or Rice, or some other meat), some fruit, and some vegetables

Chicken or pasta? I'm confused. Always have protein like chicken, lean beef, fish, turkey, etc, and try to go with things like oatmeal, brown rice, wild rice, wholewheat breads and pastas, vegetables for your carbs. But don't sub pasta or rice for chicken.

Wizard
11-13-2001, 11:47 PM
I agree with Jane.Thadon,I told you to include a carb source as pasta,potato,rice etc in your supper (postworkout) but not to skip the chicken.You should definitaly include a protein source in your postworkout.

YatesNightBlade
11-14-2001, 02:19 AM
Ok, so here's what i'm thinking now:
Breakfast:
3-4 eggs, glass of OJ, 2 bannana's, Whey Protein power w/ Milk

* Have more eggs and lose the protein Shake. Try 6 eggs whites(just 2 yolks) scrambled

Lunch: Greasy school food
*Can you not get a container and take a shake to School with ya ?

After School:
Some vegetables (2-3)Oatmeal, Whey protein power w/ milk
and some fruit
*fine

*fine ... so long as you having meat and carbs (rice pasta etc etc)

Lift

Post workout:
Cottage Cheese and some nuts, then take protein w/ milk
*you should really be having some simple carbs here .... and you shake should be with water. The fats in nuts will slow down the digestion of the Whey. Have a Banana.

Wizard
11-14-2001, 02:26 AM
Ditto.
If you're confused because he adviced you to eat a banana,I can ensure you that it's ok because there are some fruits like banana or watermelon etc. which contain primaly glucose and not fructose as most fruits do so it's ok to eat them postworkout.Fruits like cherries,strawberries,apples etc should be avoided postworkout.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-14-2001, 06:16 AM
Yates, why do you suggest dropping the whey in the morning?

Thadon
11-14-2001, 06:28 AM
*Can you not get a container and take a shake to School with ya ?
Nope, we can't do much anymore. If you have any container, even a backpack in school they think you're taking a gun around. My school is full of dumbasses, plus they want to rip us off on the school food.

*you should really be having some simple carbs here .... and you shake should be with water. The fats in nuts will slow down the digestion of the Whey. Have a Banana.
Ok

Alright, so Chicken with Rice, and some fruits and vegetables would be good?

I need to start drinking more water too, how much should I drink in a day?

Wizard
11-14-2001, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Yates, why do you suggest dropping the whey in the morning?
I think he's right as he needs a slow digesting protein like egg protein.
However a combination of both of the two sources may be better as the body needs desperately some protein in the morning after 8 or more hours without protein.

Thadon aim for ~1gallon of water/day or more if you can.

YatesNightBlade
11-14-2001, 07:36 AM
What Wiz Says Rob. I think Supplementing with Whey is only benefitial Post workout. A slower releasing source is a better choice. OR BOTH !!

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-14-2001, 10:28 AM
I think having whey with brekkie is an ace idea personally, providing you are having a more complex protein too.

Thadon
11-14-2001, 10:59 AM
Does it matter which way the eggs are cooked?

Wizard
11-14-2001, 11:02 AM
No.
(pressuming that you don't add any oils etc)

Thadon
11-14-2001, 07:32 PM
Thanks for all the help...
I weigh about 155, and I think i'm getting around 240grams of protein/day (I eat a damn lot of chicken), is that enough?

3.Cauliflower,broccoli,spinach,green beans are the best ones IMO.
You know any ways, to make them taste not so nasty?

Wizard
11-15-2001, 12:47 AM
Thanks for all the help...
I weigh about 155, and I think i'm getting around 240grams of protein/day (I eat a damn lot of chicken), is that enough?

It's more than enough!It's up to 1,5grams per bodyweight.

As for the veggies,you can add low fat condiments (low fat mayo),low fat cheese,lemon juice.

Thadon
11-20-2001, 06:21 AM
Ok, I started my work outs and after i'm still tired as hell with this diet.
Tell me a good order, that I should eat the foods in (Order matters, right?)
Here are some foods, I like-Of course i'll eat others but these are in my diet right now.
Bannana's, apples, oranges, strawberries, Milk, Eggs, Oatmeal, Nuts, Protein Shakes, Rice, Chicken (Any meat), Potatoes, Cauliflower, broccoli.

Ok, so with a list like that (You can add foods, i'll eat mostly anything as long as it's hard to cook) can you help me come up with a good diet..What I should eat for breafast, suppper, snacks, etc.
I really can't control lunch on weekdays, so you can leave it out if you want.
Thanks

Wizard
11-20-2001, 07:21 AM
Could you give us your weekdays schedule please? (when you workout,when you have other activites etc.I think that you are an athlete,right?)

CBates
11-20-2001, 09:24 AM
Yates, why would someone want to take a protein shake with water rather then milk? I've always used skim milk with my protein shakes because it makes it taste better and plus for added protein. Is there something that would cause taking it with milk not to get the full potential of the protein out of the shake?

Wizard
11-20-2001, 09:36 AM
He adviced you not to drink any milk postworkout because it will lower the GI..

Thadon
11-20-2001, 02:46 PM
Normal weekday:
7:00 wake up
8:00 go to school
3:30: School is over
4:00 LIfting/Sprinting Routine(Well, it changes day 2 day) I do my
"Day 1: Bench, Incline, Power Clean, and push press
Day 2: Spirints (3x350's, 4x200's-recovery time 2:00 for the 2's and 3:50 for the 350's), abs (Crunches, reverse Crunches) and pylos (Hurdle Hopping, Box jumps, bounds, depth jumps, tuck jumps) Over head, or Front squats..maybe both.
Day 3: rest
Day 4: Same as Day 1
day 5: Same as Day 2
Weekends: Sprints (3x350's, 4x200's-recovery time 2:00 for the 2's and 3:50 for the 350's), abs (Crunches, reverse Crunches) and pylos (Hurdle Hopping, Box jumps, bounds, depth jumps, tuck jumps) "
That's what i've started doing, I might change it.
Day 1 doesn't take that long, day 2 takes a little more time but they both should be done by 5:30 or 6
Do homework, sometimes.
Go to sleep around 10 or 11.

That's almost everything I do, well some days my routine gets delayed till 5 if i'm doing something else but it still gets done.
So, when should I be eating?

YatesNightBlade
11-21-2001, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by CBates
Yates, why would someone want to take a protein shake with water rather then milk? I've always used skim milk with my protein shakes because it makes it taste better and plus for added protein. Is there something that would cause taking it with milk not to get the full potential of the protein out of the shake?

What Wiz said. Also, the whey is digested quicker in water.

Wizard
11-21-2001, 03:20 AM
Well,a spriter needs a lot of carbs to achieve a great performance.My best m8 is a sprinter and he eats up to 400grams of carbs per day.

Your diet should be 55%carbs/25%protein/20%fat.

Include complex carbs to all the meals.Start with a high amount on the breakfast and then just reduce the amount meal by meal.
After your lifting and sprinting training sessions you should have simple carbs to re-fuel the glycogen stores and some whey protein as well.

Any more specific questions are welcomed.

Thadon
11-21-2001, 08:27 AM
Ok, thanks for the info.

My best m8 is a sprinter
Think you could ask your friend what he thinks of my routine (Pre-season).

What are complex carbs? Like eggs? What are simple carbs?":

Wizard
11-21-2001, 08:44 AM
Complex carbs=starch=potatoes,breads,rice etc
Simple carbs =sugars=lactose,glucose,fructose,sucrose(common sugar)

I'll ask him about the routine.

Reinier
11-21-2001, 08:44 AM
"What Wiz said. Also, the whey is digested quicker in water."

yates isn`t that just because of the fat in it and no longer so when mixed in fat free milk?

YatesNightBlade
11-21-2001, 08:52 AM
Reinier,

no it's still the same. It's faster absorbed with water.

Casein.

Tryska
11-21-2001, 08:53 AM
word.

YatesNightBlade
11-21-2001, 08:55 AM
up

Tryska
11-21-2001, 08:56 AM
*lol*

Thadon
11-29-2001, 06:29 AM
Wiz, did you talk to your friend?

Are hamburgers good to eat? Like 2 or 3 home made ones?

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Fruit, Protein w/milk (Or water?), and some OJ

Lunch:School

After school:
Oatmeal/what's some other good snack I could eat pre-work out? After school i'm starving.
Fruit, some vegetables and protein w/ Water

Work out

Supper:
Meat (Chicken, Hamburgers, etc), Rice (What else, in it's place would be good?), Some vegetables, and some fruit.

I'll eat anything basically as long as it's not too hard to cook and it's not that expensive, so if you know some other foods I should eat...tell me.
thanks

Thadon
11-29-2001, 05:17 PM
^^^^