PDA

View Full Version : What's the use of a heart?

thalakos84
02-01-2005, 01:34 PM
LOL! Got your attention with that newb statement. Ok, so I was a runner in high school. I've been bulking about 8 months now. I've done little cardio during that time. I figured that my heart was getting enough of a workout lifting. For now, is it safe to assume that I can get away with this? I mean, until I'm at least off my bulk? I don't want to waste calories. I'm just worried because although my diet is clean, I eat a lot of eggs. I just don't want to keel over from heart problems in the meantime.

Sidior
02-01-2005, 02:05 PM
ya lifting works the heart as well dont worry about it, im doing the same thing...avoiding cardio so as not to waste calories

Ares
02-01-2005, 02:30 PM
The heart is basically a pump that pumps blood all throughout your body.

suprarob
02-01-2005, 03:01 PM
That is capable of emotions including hate and love. That's why people have said after a heart transplant that they feel like someone else...freaky...

Guido
02-01-2005, 03:27 PM
You won't keel over from heart times just because your not doing additional cardio. Hell, most people do NOTHING for cardio and even though they probably don't have the strongest hearts they usually don't just keel over unless there is something else wrong with them. Stick to light cardio and don't worry too much aboiut it.

jack_of_all
02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
or just eat the white, maybe not as much nutrients and such but you will block out sat fats and cholesterol.

im new to serious lifting and am still not into cardio yet, but i think its probably safe to not do during bulk but see no reason to risk it.

FireBug
02-01-2005, 04:14 PM
You should be doing some, because other people in the world get away with doing none is not a valid reason to stop cardio. When bulking keep it light, bring your heart rate up to a decent level, and then slow down. Cardio done.

The heart is just another muscle, use it more and it will grow stronger, stop using it, and it does what all muscles do, grow weaker.