PDA

View Full Version : Why GNC is crap...

Collegekid
03-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I was in GNC today to pick up a multivitamin (i was already in the mall for something else) and saw the most pathetic spectacle.

A 14-year old came in and said he wanted to gain weight. The salesman told him to take Nitrotech whey shakes three times a day and that would make him gain weight (didn't mention anything about working out). The kid's mom looked at the tub and said that it looked kinda expensive. I chimed in and said that 100% whey was a lot cheaper and basically the same thing. The salesman got all hissy and said "no it's not, it's completely different. not the same thing at all." I said "well whey is whey, isn't it?" the guy responded "no, these two products are completely different."

I just shook my head and walked away.

SDhick
03-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Kinda like when you go into a parts house and they don't know anything about the car or the parts, just cuz they work there does not mean they are knowledgeable.
And this would go in chat better I think.

Dirt
03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
GNC is the same as any other store that sells any product though. Salespeople rarely know what they're talking about and are just out to make the sale. If you walk into any type of retail store completely ignorant to the products you're attempting to buy you deserve to be taken advantage of imo. Caveat emptor if you will.

Vido
03-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Not to mention the guy is just doing his job. If I personally worked at GNC (I being someone who knows something about supplements) I would still push the more expensive product even if I knew it wasn't worth the extra cost. A salesman's job is to make money for the company. I don't see how that's hard to grasp.

Shao-LiN
03-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Guy gets commission for pushing certain products as well.