PDA

View Full Version : Certain number of calories...

Haaji Dont Surf
04-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Is there a certain amount of calories you should have left over after your daily activities/workouts in order to stay healthy? I was watching a video where a girl was obsessed with working out and ended up burning more calories than she ate and really fudged herself up. How much should I have left by the end of the day? Is there such a number?

Collegekid
04-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Huh.......? If you want to get bigger, eat more than you burn. If you want to lose weight, burn more than you eat.

Sounds like this video was an after-school special about a girl with an eating disorder or something.

I have no idea what you mean by "left over at the end of the day"

Haaji Dont Surf
04-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Huh.......? If you want to get bigger, eat more than you burn. If you want to lose weight, burn more than you eat.

Sounds like this video was an after-school special about a girl with an eating disorder or something.

I have no idea what you mean by "left over at the end of the day"
Well, let's say I ate 1000 calories(just a number for the example, nothing to do with my diet) and then I burned 1000 calories that day. Would that be perfectly fine? Or should I be burning like 900 to leave 100 left over at the end of the day?

Collegekid
04-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Like I said, if you want to gain weight, have calories "left over" (to use your term). If you want to maintain weight, don't. If you want to lose weight, use more than you eat.

Sin
04-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Is there a certain amount of calories you should have left over after your daily activities/workouts in order to stay healthy? I was watching a video where a girl was obsessed with working out and ended up burning more calories than she ate and really fudged herself up. How much should I have left by the end of the day? Is there such a number?

lol man. ya he's right i think your just a lil worried from that video. BTW what is that video LOL i want to c it.

Haaji Dont Surf
04-07-2005, 09:24 PM
lol man. ya he's right i think your just a lil worried from that video. BTW what is that video LOL i want to c it.
It was about weightlifters and dancers that have to eat certain amounts to keep their jobs, and just normal people obsessed with being fat and not eating. Kind of jolted me because my weightloss from 238 to 145 was done by 110 calories a day. :x I still do it from time to time when I feel im putting on too much.

Collegekid
04-07-2005, 10:50 PM
110 calories a day? You're f-ing nuts. You probably lost more muscle than is imaginable.

Haaji Dont Surf
04-07-2005, 11:08 PM
110 calories a day? You're f-ing nuts. You probably lost more muscle than is imaginable.
Yep, I was the lightest I had ever been and could not even do a pushup. Also developed anemia but I am a lot better now.

IZich
04-08-2005, 01:53 AM
lol does collegekid know he's being sarcastic

Sin
04-09-2005, 05:51 AM
wow how'd u drop so much weight. I'm currently cutting as well but all i need to lose is like about 20lbs of excess fat all around. I dont konw why but when i first started, i was at 165 lbs, i'm now 155 and i dont c any changes in my appearance. It can't be loss of muscle cause my arms are getting bigger if not the same so i KNOW i'm losing fat, but why doesn't it show in the mirror? Could it be that i'm underestimating the weight of fat and i need to lose like 50 lbs???
Here are my stats if it helps:
height: 5'8
weight: 155 (currently)
goal weight: 140 <----is this too high still then???

dissipate
04-09-2005, 07:16 AM
sin: use your bodyfat levels to guage your fat loss, not your weight

Sin
04-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I"m sorry i'm not quite sure i fully understand what you mean.