PDA

View Full Version : bulking up by drinking milo?? possible?

okjacklim
04-10-2005, 12:42 PM
i've noted on a can of milo that it contains 183kcal per serving... and based on jabber's table of calc in http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1054649&postcount=3 .. i need approx 2400cals a day...

is it possible to consider bulking by drinking approx 10-15 cans of milo a day in addition to my 3 normal meals?

(i'm a small eater... and i feel like vomiting each time i try consuming more than i normally do.. could i be anorexic?)

ryuage
04-10-2005, 01:52 PM
what the hell is milo

bigpoppapump979
04-10-2005, 02:01 PM
yea what the hell is milo? and as for the eating thing, just eat until you cant stomach another bite, wait a few minutes and eat some more. in no time you will expand your stomach to be able to eat alot more. and im sure you need alot more than 2400 cal to bulk. are you male or female?

YungLifter
04-10-2005, 02:05 PM
yea itll take little time for stomach to get use to it and when you eat take your time dont just eat eat eat. Watch some tv or be in conversation helps like that its little easier on your stomach. Helps me out

okjacklim
04-10-2005, 02:10 PM
woopies... sorry about it... over here in south-east asia, milo is like a house-hold beverage.. just found a link to it http://www.nestle.com/Our_Brands/Beverages/Milo/ ... hehe.. sorry again.. i assumed everyone knew what it is..

more info on milo..
http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/nestlemilo/

Shao-LiN
04-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Chocolate milk, more or less.

Optimum08
04-10-2005, 04:28 PM
i guess since Milo is just like a vitamin enriched choc. milk...u could drink the 10-15 cans to get to your caloric goal...but how cost effective/result effective is that going to be?? i don't know...i would advise trying to just inch your way to stretching your stomach so u can eat more..

okjacklim
04-15-2005, 10:45 AM
hi everyone...

been supplementing my daily diet with about 8-10 cups of milo a day... (roughly 1500-1800 additional calories on top of my daily diet) ... and the only difference i have felt so far is.. i've been heading to the toilet more often to poo.. my weight still remains the same alright.. no diff

any comments/help please?

SpecialK
04-15-2005, 12:26 PM
hi everyone...

been supplementing my daily diet with about 8-10 cups of milo a day... (roughly 1500-1800 additional calories on top of my daily diet) ... and the only difference i have felt so far is.. i've been heading to the toilet more often to poo.. my weight still remains the same alright.. no diff

How long have you been "supplementing" your diet with 8-10 cups of milo?

Vido
04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
my weight still remains the same alright.. no diff

That means you're not eating enough.

JTyrell710
04-15-2005, 01:26 PM
too much milo, not enough calories
regardless of if your lactose intolerant, most people will have some gastrointestinal distrubance after drinking 10 cups of chocolate milk a day.

SpecialK
04-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Why not just have protein shakes?

Shao-LiN
04-15-2005, 08:28 PM
hi everyone...

Eat more.

okjacklim
04-16-2005, 01:43 AM
been on 8-10 cups of milo for about 5-6 days.

damn.. i think i should probably should stock up on some of those protein bars as well.

just for the record... been heading to the toilet about 3-4x a day.. compared to 1-2x (at most) a day (in the morning) when before i started intoxicating myself with e choc drink!! =(

thks for e advice bros.

wrestlemaniac
04-16-2005, 02:33 AM
so... you're drinking chocolate milk with vitamins in it? Thats not a very good diet at all... I guess it's ok if you're bulking but 10 cups of a food thats almost pure sugar a day can't really be that good imo.

as for the guy who can't eat very much during his 3 meals a day : try eating what you eat now 5 times a day.

Shao-LiN
04-16-2005, 02:40 PM
been on 8-10 cups of milo for about 5-6 days.

damn.. i think i should probably should stock up on some of those protein bars as well.

just for the record... been heading to the toilet about 3-4x a day.. compared to 1-2x (at most) a day (in the morning) when before i started intoxicating myself with e choc drink!! =(

thks for e advice bros.

Use whole food.

Miss Rezza
04-16-2005, 05:27 PM
milo has a lot of sugar too.

okjacklim
04-18-2005, 12:44 AM
thks once again for the comments by rez, shao-lin, wrestlemaniac, specialk, jtyrell, vido, optimum, yung, bigpoppapump, ryuage.

not sure if this is useful or not.. but i just weighed myself.. and i think i went up 4 kilos (from 46kg -> 50kg (about 120lbs), yes, i know i'm really thin for a guy!!) in the span of this week? i'll carry on with this 'milo intoxication process' heehee.. and see how things go on.. and will keep updating this thread on my weight increment progress (probably once every couple of days, to prevent it from being a journal-like thingy =pPp, since this thread really is about taking it loads and loads of choc drink!) ..

the number of times that i'm running to the toilet daily now has reverted back to once/twice a day... i guess my intestines got used to the massive influx of milo daily.. hahaha!

dissipate
04-18-2005, 04:58 AM
9 pounds in a week is a lot.... i'd be interested to know how much of that was fat gain from the sugar.

BCC
04-18-2005, 09:49 AM
That is a lot of sugar, a jar of peanut butter and a spoon would be a much more lucrative option.