PDA

View Full Version : Is this too much cardio?

Variance
07-26-2005, 10:55 PM
I've decided I need to bulk up and gain some weight..
I am.. (I think) an ectomorph. 5'6/5'7 at 127lb.

I'm wondering if my cardio activities are hurting me way too much and how many calories I should take to get improve how much I gain. It took me 2 and a half weeks to gain 2 pounds. (to get from 125 - 127)

My cardio stuff:

Martial arts (Arnis/Kali) on Mondays and Thursdays.. one day being like stick and knife sparring and form drills, the other being like a hour or two of heavy MMA sparring that leaves me completely exhausted. Can't even lift up my hands to guard by the end of it.

Clubbing with my friends on Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays, usually only one or two of those nights. It's around 2 - 3 hours of dancing which is pretty exhausting too. I limit my alcohol to two - four drinks a week.

I do my weight training on sunday, tuesday and wednesday..
3-way split. legs, abs, back/Chest, Triceps - neck/biceps, shoulders

My diet is currently like 100g of protein.
and a 2500 - 3000 calories daily

MixmasterNash
07-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Add calories across the board, especially protein.

Built
07-27-2005, 12:40 AM
I weigh just a hair more than you, and I usually eat about 180-210g protein daily.

And I'm a chick.

And cutting.

DNL
07-27-2005, 12:49 AM
You know exactly what to do when you want it bad enough. That's a tough lesson we all have to learn on our own.

ddegroff
07-27-2005, 01:22 PM
it sounds like you enjoy doing your "cardio" becuase its more than just running or something like that. I would say you need to increase your cals if your bulking, also much mor protein.