PDA

View Full Version : My diet

jammerz4life
09-25-2005, 03:42 PM
if you know a way to help me tighten up my diet please tell me. My post is below and right now im just eating all my mom will let me. I have a fitday journal and some info on how many cals, prot, fats, and carbs to eat. I usually end up short. If there is any cheap food, or supliments you can offer that i can buy from any grocery or sprots store please tell me.

my journal http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jammerz4life

Built
09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Okay, your protein is way too low, and you could do with some more healthy fats.

How about some natural peanut butter, some apples and bananas, lowfat cottage cheese instead of the yogurt, and some more green veggies? Maybe oats for breakfast with the eggs? And ditch the juice. Nobody should be drinking juice. You want fruit, eat the fruit. Raw almonds and walnuts to toss into your cochee?

jammerz4life
09-25-2005, 04:18 PM
ok i like fruit so ill go eat that right now thnx
and try and keep me updated with some tips andill crap them in as i get the post.

Built
09-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Artificially sweetened whey protein might be another very cost-effective choice, and get some dextrose from a u-brew to toss into it for the fast carbs.

malkore
09-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I looked at yesterday's diet. 37% of your calories came from fat - 193g of fat 59g of sat. fat.

too much fat in my opinion, even for a bulk. perhaps this was your cheat day?

Built
09-26-2005, 02:34 PM
I looked at yesterday's diet. 37% of your calories came from fat - 193g of fat 59g of sat. fat.

too much fat in my opinion, even for a bulk. perhaps this was your cheat day?
Sorry, but this simply isn't true. Dietary ratios are misleading at best.

Fat and protein are essential macronutrients that are best thought of as LBM-dependent doses. Some fairly standard guidelines would be as follows:
No less than 1.0g protein per lb LBM
No less than 0.5g fat per pound LBM (to support endocrine function - ie test production)
Carbs - whatever. They're not essential. Fit 'em into your calorie allowance once your fat and protein needs are where you like them.

In practice, I like my fats closer to 0.8g/lb LBM, some like 'em lower. But the "percentage" of my calories from fat really doesn't mean much. Bulking or cutting, you still want to get in at least your minimums for protein and fat. If you drop them along with your calories on a cut, for example, you risk getting in insufficient amounts of these essential macronutrients.