PDA

View Full Version : I hate decisions like this

Kax
10-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Ok, so I just took a week off from the gym and I'm very excited to get there tomorrow. But, over the weekend I developed a case of pink eye, on Conjunctivitus for you medically inclined people. Now, knowing that it is very contagious, should I still go to the gym on campus? I have no other way of working out, so its either go to a gym that gets a lot of traffic and risk infecting a bunch of people, or suffer another week of sitting on my ass. Its such a crap disease because it isn't debilitating at all.

So help me decide, go and possibly infect others, or stay in my room like a hermit?

dissipate
10-23-2005, 08:14 AM
would you want someone at the gym to infect you with a disease?

Spiderman
10-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Infect them! :evillaugh Infect them! :evillaugh INFECT THEM!!! :evillaugh

Gyno Rhino
10-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Stay out. That golden rule and whatnot.

Kiaran
10-23-2005, 12:04 PM
If you do decide to go, do everyone a favor and wear some sort of patch over that eye so you don't rub it and touch the bars and all. Or, just exercise strict control and don't touch that **** while you're at the gym. I'm with the rest of the guys here though; would you want someone to be at your gym if they have pink eye? flu? fungus toching the same equipment you lay on?

Jorge Sanchez
10-23-2005, 01:03 PM
I can't believe you are actually considering going to the gym with pink eye.

Garrix
10-23-2005, 01:32 PM
I can't believe you are actually considering going to the gym with pink eye.

yeah, seriously, dont.

Do some push ups or something, but just dont go and infect the poor people in your gym.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Ok, so I just took a week off from the gym and I'm very excited to get there tomorrow. But, over the weekend I developed a case of pink eye, on Conjunctivitus for you medically inclined people. Now, knowing that it is very contagious, should I still go to the gym on campus? I have no other way of working out, so its either go to a gym that gets a lot of traffic and risk infecting a bunch of people, or suffer another week of sitting on my ass. Its such a crap disease because it isn't debilitating at all.

So help me decide, go and possibly infect others, or stay in my room like a hermit?There's no big decision to be made. Stay home until your pink eye goes away. Nobody wants your pink eye.

Spiderman
10-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Humor is lost on you guys.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Pink eye isn't funny. ;)

Shao-LiN
10-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised this question even had to be asked. You want someone coming in with the flu and giving it to you?

Kax
10-23-2005, 06:29 PM
I was asking because pink eye is such a lame disease and I know I could be strict about not getting eye gunt all over the place.

But, in the end I knew it would be a jerk thing to do to go, I just wanted that second opinion. I just hate the fact that I'm going to miss another week when I'm so ready to go.

Besides, it could have been fun to cause an epidemic :-P

bigedge
10-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Humor is lost on you guys.

dont worry spidey i thought you were funny

d'Anconia
10-23-2005, 07:14 PM
I just hate the fact that I'm going to miss another week when I'm so ready to go.

Why a week? Pink eye doesn't last that long does it?

BTW how was it waking up with your eye crusted shut? LOL

rookiebldr
10-23-2005, 07:20 PM

:thumbup:

Kax
10-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, I just got back from the campus doctor's office. I felt like a human germ the way they shoved me back into the storage room instead of the regular waiting room because, "It's just so contagious." But at least I could get some studying for finals done. It was short lived though, because it was the quickest visit to any doctors office I ever had even if I had an appointment.

The doc said about 4 days but to keep putting the drops in for a while.

And dude, waking up having a pound of crust on your eye is no fun. The first day I had it I was freaking out thinking I was blind in one eye. But its starting to get fun. I regularly eat dinner with a group of 4 other people, and yesterday I just pointed at my eye when anyone asked me to help them cook.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-23-2005, 08:08 PM
And dude, waking up having a pound of crust on your eye is no fun.Been there. Done that. And I agree...it really REALLY sucks.

and yesterday I just pointed at my eye when anyone asked me to help them cook.Hehe...you have an excuse...might as well use it as much as you can while it lasts. :)

BG5150
10-23-2005, 09:12 PM
"If you choose not to decide, then you still have made a choice"--some Rush song.

Pink eye, while not very debilitating, is still very contagious. If you give it to someone at the gym, that person may, in turn, give it to a child. Then the child will miss school. Then that child will miss vital lessons and then get left back for the year. Then that child will develop a bad self esteem problem and go on to a life of crime and drugs.

Well, maybe not. But you don't want a kid to miss any school do ya?

People who are sick and go to the gym are very selfish. They care not for others, only for their on self gratification.

Don't worry, if you miss a week at the gym, you won't turn into Screech.

heathj
10-23-2005, 10:12 PM

I agree...in fact just come to my gym. I haven't had a good case of pink eye in a while. I miss it.

JSully
10-24-2005, 02:49 AM
I would go, **** you all.

HILL
10-24-2005, 04:28 AM
haha i wouldnt be happy if some1 gave me a disease which they new they had. plus do you really want a gym full of meatheads catching a disease becos of ya

Kax
10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Ok, so I decided to just take off another week. I figured along with the pink eye and the fact that I just finished my last final of the semester I am in need of some partying.

So rather than infecting all the gym rats, I'll mess up my friends week along with mine, haha!

Ok, but for real I am horrible at putting those little drops in my eyes. I always miss my eye. And then when I do hit it I blink before it can settle in. I need someone bigger than me to hold me down and pour that crap in my eyes. Although, that will be tricky at 6'4" 235lbs on a campus that has no American Football team. Go Australians!

Genacide
10-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Just wear a eye patch and some grubby looking cloth's to the gym. That way you could be the guy everyone is pointing at.

Relentless
10-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Did that dirty Scott Baio give you the pinkeye?

CarlP
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Just wear a eye patch and some grubby looking cloth's to the gym. That way you could be the guy everyone is pointing at.

Might as well get a parrot and complete the look. Aaaaaarrrrr!!!

MM
10-24-2005, 08:56 PM
I would go, **** you all.

Ahahaha!

Dude, I ****ing lost it when I read that. Sigged for a little while.

spencerjrus
10-24-2005, 10:59 PM
"If you choose not to decide, then you still have made a choice"--some Rush song.

SOME Rush song? Are you kidding me? How about "The Greatest Anthem of All Time" That would be a little more accurate.

Kax
10-25-2005, 01:26 AM
The pirate idea would be golden. I could just say I'm wearing my Halloween costume early.