PDA

View Full Version : will dead lift make you slower?

Ji Yang
11-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm a trainee from China. I'm excited to see so many warmhearted guys here!
I've been training for over 1 year. The original purpose for weighting training is to increase my strength for basketball - but now I love lifting much more than basketball. I have a question: I find that dead lift may make me slower and lazy when I'm on the court. So I seldom train DL but do power clean instead. Are you facing the same problem? Many thanks!

Canadian Crippler
11-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Considering deadlifts use so many damn muscle groups, you will definitely feel some fatigue if you play ball without being fully recovered from them.

With that being said, they will make you faster if anything. Not slower.

Ji Yang
11-02-2005, 10:55 PM
thank you. which do you think is better for sports, DL or powerlifting? Or both of them were necessary?

Ji Yang
11-02-2005, 10:56 PM
sorry, DL or power clean?

Nongan
11-02-2005, 11:49 PM
they are both great lifts. Cleans gives you explosive power out of a set stance, great for football players especially, but all athlete's benefit from it a great deal.

jack_of_all
11-03-2005, 05:23 AM
dls wont make you slow, but if your recovering from them (or squats) you WILL be slower. so dont do them the night before a game or something but in the long run, proper use of dls, powercleans, and squats will increase your athletic performance greatly.

Ji Yang
11-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Thank you guys.