PDA

View Full Version : depressed. hurts bulking

g0ddang
11-22-2005, 04:20 PM
my former training partner recently broke up with his girlfriend and is now depressed. i know when i was depressed i could barely fit in 2 meals as i was never hungry and the site of food only made me wanna gag. not to mention i always felt weak in the gym and unfocused..

the only thing i can recommend is time and to take it easy at the gym and if he can't eat hard food to just down a shake inreplace of his meals/caloric intake?

any other suggestions to help a brother out?

getfit
11-22-2005, 04:23 PM
it will take some time, alot of folks go through this.Better a shake then nothing at all.From my experience when i was depressed and all, couldn't eat,I'd make huge jumbo shakes,oats, olive oil,protein,banana

Naab
11-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Dude i am going through the same **** right now, my gf and i broke up 2 weeks ago, i am having a hard time sleeping and eating.....however in the last two days i just started to force myself to eat clean again. Its going to take some time, as for about 10 days i think i ate maybe five times total, and got virtually no sleep, amazing how long you can live off your muscle and fat and by drinking water.

either way, i am going to hit the gym tonite, and try to lift, it will probably be nothing compared to what i can normally do, but by at least going and lifting my muscles will get a small burn...which is better then just wasting away by not exercising

good luck with it all, i know its ****ing been tough on me too, and i am still missing her, but doing my best to move on..... u just gotta get out, stay busy, and force yourself to do things...if you don't, you will wallow in self pity

DarrenEff
11-22-2005, 04:36 PM
On a positive note (this happened to me beginning of September), once he gets his stomach back he'll be a monster.
I started back into it with such motivation and I'm still going strong =D

g0ddang
11-22-2005, 05:02 PM
thanks for the input. yeah i've been telling him to stay busy and keep himself occupied. thats what i did when i was in his shoes, but when it comes down to sleeping..... not much i can help with there.

getfit
11-22-2005, 05:08 PM
thanks for the input. yeah i've been telling him to stay busy and keep himself occupied. thats what i did when i was in his shoes, but when it comes down to sleeping..... not much i can help with there.
he'll come back to his senses, it will take some time.

muscleup
11-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Girls are like busses. Another one always comes around.

Nothing to lose sleep over unless they were engaged or married.

[[[----]]]
11-22-2005, 07:40 PM
my former training partner recently broke up with his girlfriend and is now depressed. i know when i was depressed i could barely fit in 2 meals as i was never hungry and the site of food only made me wanna gag. not to mention i always felt weak in the gym and unfocused..

the only thing i can recommend is time and to take it easy at the gym and if he can't eat hard food to just down a shake inreplace of his meals/caloric intake?

any other suggestions to help a brother out?

Yeah, i feel for your bud. Ive been there myself.

Roddy
11-22-2005, 08:05 PM
i'm the opposite. i bulked like a mother****er for a few months where i felt antagonized by life. it really made me get out there and destroy any barriers i had in life. especially those at
the gym.

bschatz88
11-22-2005, 08:09 PM
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=182

That **** hurts bro, but he'll pull through

briancurran01
11-22-2005, 08:48 PM
i have been through the same type of thing...havent been eating right cant focus, I have changed training routines 3 times in the past few months.

He should talk to someone if he is depressed, dont let it get out of hand like i did.

waynis
11-22-2005, 08:50 PM
depression never seemed to affect my eating habits in any way till this year. I guess we all reach new levels of low. When you think it can't get any worse it always will. Trying to train on no motivation is hard. Your workouts suck, your sleep sucks, appetite, ext. Sometimes you get sooo tired of feeling like crap that gives you motivation to get your butt up and doing something. Just keep your mind busy and distracted. Physical labor is the best remedy to me. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. Once you get out your stronger and you say to yourself " that wasn't so bad". Girls are thee devil but there's a lot more of them out there to screw up your life. So tell him to find another :)