PDA

View Full Version : Holiday seaso and watching weight...

andru0617
11-23-2005, 09:37 AM
sdfsfsf

getfit
11-23-2005, 09:39 AM
it's the holidays, enjoy a little, just eat smaller portions

g00dnick
11-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Luckily, I've never been a big fan of food during Holiday season...so it works out great for me...i don't like cookies or any sweets/desserts really...egg nog...nothing...

ShockBoxer
11-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Nobody is going to be offended if you eat half a piece of pie instead of the whole piece. I plan on watching what I grab from the christmas party snack trays (which means I'll grab one of everything instead of two of everything this year... well... maybe :D ) but that's really about it. If I really let myself go and gain 5 pounds of pure fat over christmas, somehow, (hey, since I'll be lifting maybe my working sets will increase while it's happening instead of the fat pouring on) it will be gone by February. Learning how to cut has done so much for my peace of mind.

tholian8
11-23-2005, 12:10 PM
I don't accept every invitation I get, and I take my calories WAY down on days where I'm not going to any type of party or holiday dinner. And I mean really down there--to about 1200. (I'm female, so that is not as insanely low on calories as it looks. Men can get away with quite a bit more than that, of course.) This strategy is a bit painful on the diet days, but it also allows me to have absolutely whatever I want on special occasions and parties without wrecking the fat loss effort.

Built
11-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Learning how to cut has done so much for my peace of mind.

NO KIDDING!

I take the week off dieting from Christmas to New Years.

I start back with normal eating January 2nd.

Votorx
11-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Personally, Im gonna enjoy my white meat and stay away from the mash potatoes :D. And I never liked stuffing

getfit
11-23-2005, 02:39 PM
i'm vegetarian, so i won't lust on turkey and all.Thank god my sister is coming, she does all my vegetarian christmas dishes for me :D

Jorge Sanchez
11-23-2005, 02:47 PM
I started my cut after (Canadian) thanksgiving, and plan on starting a bulk come Christmas. I've been thinking about this for a while as you can tell.

Teufelhund
11-23-2005, 03:09 PM
pfft. I'm looking forward to packing on some weight this holiday season.

Shao-LiN
11-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Unless you're totally binging for 5 weeks straight, then I'm not seeing the problem with letting yourself go for 2-3 days here and there.

Big & Tall
11-23-2005, 08:28 PM
pfft. I'm looking forward to packing on some weight this holiday season.

:withstupi

I'm bulking until after the holidays :D It really depends on your situation, but in reality, it's not like there's a huge, overladen table of pies and cookies in front of you for the whole five weeks. So you eat a few big (OK, HUGE meals) over the next month to month and a half--it won't kill you. It might, however, make you bigger and stronger ;)

HILL
11-24-2005, 03:55 AM
im cutting over the holidays however i will take xmas day off and new year apartf from that ill just eat loadsa turkey and what not as much wont change ill still be in work up until new year like normal mon-fri then have a week off from new year

Unreal
11-24-2005, 06:24 AM
Its the holidays. Enjoy them. I've been in California for 2 days, and pretty much ate nothing but crap. Yesterday I had 1/2 dozen donuts, 16oz steak, a box of cereal, 1/2 gallon of milk, assorted cookies, candies, etc. I'm going to enjoy my holiday.

Bikkstah
11-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Heh, it's snowing here and I just ran suicides outside ;)

The faithful few I guess.

Beast
11-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Eat everything you want on just Thanksgiving and Christmas. Nothing wrong with those 2 days.
I can't wait for all of the gorging that will take place today.

ReelBigFish
11-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Don't obsess about 1 or 2 days of eating whatever. This could cause problems that you don't want to have. This is coming from someone who suffered from an eating disorder and still has some what disordered eating. I don't eat junk, at all, I've eaten clean for the past 2.5 years and even on thanksgiving and christmas during these times I haven't indulged at all. I'm letting loose a little more this year, but it's hard, and unless you've been through an ED you wouldn't know what it's like. but i wouldn't want to see anyone do that to themselves. I wouldn't wish an ED on my worst enemy, it really ****s you up physically and mentally for a long time.

spencerjrus
11-24-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm bulking so I'm really looking forward to the gorge fest.

Davidelmo
11-24-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm only 140lbs so I'm using this as an opportunity to go crazy. I'm bulking and just eating EVERYTHING in site.. ~4000kcal a day

getfit
11-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm only 140lbs so I'm using this as an opportunity to go crazy. I'm bulking and just eating EVERYTHING in site.. ~4000kcal a day
i think you should use this as an opportunity to eat BIG all the time @140lbs :D

Davidelmo
11-24-2005, 08:09 PM
i think you should use this as an opportunity to eat BIG all the time @140lbs :D

I was only 125 before I started :evillaugh lol

f=ma
11-25-2005, 08:59 AM
i definitely eat large when im at home. no one here cooks so all we do is eat out

Unreal
11-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Just ate the last of the pumpkin pie and left over turkey for breakfast. Now its back on the same old grind till x-mas. Past few days were all probably 5000+ cal days, but who cares. Even if I put on 1lb of pure fat, it will be gone in a week.

YungLifter
11-26-2005, 06:31 AM
I ate almost the whole turkey by myself, but atleast I took some of the skin off=). Im bulking anyway so its all good in my tummy=)

heatwave345
11-26-2005, 10:55 PM
i;m actually looking forwards to this holiday season :). i used to be soo obssesed about my weight and stuff because of track. But now i'm on a bulk, and i have to say... it was the best thanksgiving ever... i gained about 5 lbs... haha

i'm looking forwards to xmas too... but new year resolution is to go on a cut. i sersiously will miss bulking :(

Addam1125
11-27-2005, 12:00 AM
You're all lucky, I have the opposite problem :-X

I have to work alot more during the holiday season, so I have alot less time to eat. I'm lucky to get 3 squares in. I've eaten 6 meals in the past 3 days :-(

Stumprrp
11-27-2005, 07:07 AM
its 2 days a week, dont sweat, i pigged out casualy thanks giving and plan on it xmas, although its all fish.

bigsethmeister
11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Here's what seems to be working for me: cheat meals.

On Thanksgiving I ate like I normally do with the exception of the holiday meal at which I allowed myself to have a beer and eat whatever I wanted. Then after the meal was over I went back to eating normally. It didn't affect my cutting diet and I'm another 1lb down this week.

What I used to do was have cheat *days* where I'd eat whatever I wanted all day long. That just doesn't work for me cause I end up gaining fat.

HardToSquat
11-28-2005, 01:19 PM
I will never nor would ever do a cut between Halloween and New Years. I turn this two month timeframe into the incredible bulk. I eat as much as I can as often as I can and I have been putting the weight on, muscle and fat, quite nicely too. I am up at least 15 pounds in my gorgefest and the seams are a bustin'!