PDA

View Full Version : bulking currently...can i start cutting yet?

getnripd
12-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey guys,

Well its after midnight and i find myself sitting here wondering an age old question: should i bulk or cut. i would like to get down to low bodyfat and get ripped, but at the same time, i say to myself: bulk for like 4 months so that you've got some muscle. can you guys look at my pics and let me know if it makes sense to cut? or should i continue bulking. I really hate getting all puffy. I've been bulking now for about 4 week and I've gained about 6lbs.
Right now I'm 6' 201lbs 16 yrs old. I am really lost right now and its sidetracking my training cuz i'm unsure of my goals.
thanks a ton

these pics are from last week. what really bothers me is that I have a little extra fat in my chest and im super anxious to get rid of it all.

d'Anconia
12-22-2005, 10:46 PM
I personally think you are still fine for a bulk. Usually we answer the question of 'When should I cut?' by replying 'When you can't stand how fat you are". If you bulk for another month or two then when you cut there will be quite a bit more muscle that will show. Of course things do depend on your goals so it's up to you to try to come up with some before you lose your motivation to lift.

MM
12-23-2005, 07:27 AM
If you want to get cut, start cutting. It really should be as simple as that. If you're feeling uncomfortable with your body and you can change your body -- do it. Do it right, and you'll keep most of what you've gained.

Davidelmo
12-23-2005, 08:50 AM
You look okay to bulk a little more I think

galileo
12-23-2005, 09:00 AM
I agree with Money Mike.

getnripd
12-23-2005, 09:40 AM
thanks you guys its extremely helpful getting this feedback. i'm up for bulking for another month and then cutting down. the thing that depresses me is that i used to weigh a fat 231 lbs and when i see the scale going up i start remembering how sucky life was when i weighed that much. i probably just need to tell myself that i'm adding muscle, not just fat. thanks for the feedback