PDA

View Full Version : Losing Muscle

Nito
01-09-2006, 05:35 PM
How quickly can the body lose muscle? I haven't been able to go to the gym in a week, and my diet has been near horrible. For the last week I have gone to sleep at 6am woke up at 3pm, and then ate at 6PM-7PM something like a Assorted Sub from Subway. And then I would have some Mcdonalds or Wendy's at 3am. I have probably been somewhere between 1-1.5 thousand cals under my maintance this week, and when I look in the mirror I feel as if I lost some mass.

Davidelmo
01-09-2006, 05:51 PM
I dont think there are any fixed figures for this because it varies person to person and depends on your activities.

I was ill for 4 days and didnt eat and lost about 5lbs. I know others who take much longer to lose muscle.

You probably have lost some weight though. Try snacks as a way of getting those calories up. Regardless of what time of day it is, eat a handful of peanuts.

WBBIRL
01-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Lucky bastards .... 1.5 thousand is like my total calorie intake.

I dont think it will be that easy to lose lean muscle mass... as long as your not 100% doing nothing and getting like half or less of your cals. If you lost 5LBS I would be only 1 -1.5 would be muscle. Mostly water weight if anything.