PDA

View Full Version : Dietary Question

JM87
01-25-2006, 07:06 PM
First, let me give you my specs:
Ht: 5'11
Wt: 183lbs

I'm on WBB's Routine 1, meaning I'm on a 3 day a week schedule. As of now, I'm taking Optimum Nutrion's "On 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein". I drink a shake once a day, but only on the days that I lift. So, I'm drinking a shake 3 times a week.

After I'm finished with the case of the Optimum Nutrition protein, I'm gonna try Muscle Milk.

My main question is, how often should I be drinking the protein shakes? Only on the days I workout? every day? twice a day?

Any insight would be appreciated

Built
01-25-2006, 07:18 PM
go to www.fitday.com

Enter your food

Post up your macros

We'll take it from there, k?

JM87
01-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Lets put it this way, I get anywhere between 2500-3000 calories per day.

I understand that at this rate, it would be a very slow bulk, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to start drinking the shakes once a day, to increase calorie/protein intake.

Built
01-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Grams of protein, carb, fat?

Are you gaining?

JM87
01-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, after reasearching more thoroughly, I've realized that I'm not getting as much calories as needed. I figure that the Optimum Nutrition protein, having only 150 calories, should be replaced with the Muscle Milk, seeing as it has 640 calories, and about 8 more grams of protein.

I'm only getting around 2,000 calories per day right now, which is obviously not gonna cut it if I wanna bulk.

Built
01-25-2006, 08:11 PM
No, it won't LOL!

Those are the cals I start my cut on!

Eat!

JM87
01-25-2006, 08:56 PM
No, it won't LOL!

Those are the cals I start my cut on!

Eat!

Believe me, I know. The thing is, a year and a half ago I weighed 135lbs., and was probably taking in between 1,000-1,500 calories a day. I know that sounds very hard to believe, but I didn't have breakfast, had a very small lunch, and had a normal dinner.

I decided it was time for a change, so last year I just ate like crazy, and just started shoving down as many krispy-kremes as I could. I ended up gaining 40lbs in one year.

For the past 8 months, I've been doing 80 pushups every day, that is, until I started getting serious about lifting around 1 month ago.

The whole point about this rant is, while 2,500 calories doesn't sound like alot to you, that was way more than I was getting a year and a half ago.

ddegroff
01-25-2006, 10:56 PM
I drink protein shakes on the days I work out as pre-work out meals. If I lift twice in one day I drink one before each workout. Most people around he drink protein shakes to make up cals for the day. If you add milk to your whey then those cals will shoot up. If i'm bulking I drink milk with mine, cutting just add water.