PDA

View Full Version : Food

jtrink
02-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey everyone,

I've posted b4...i wanted to know what were some good sources of proteins and carbs to eat. I only only have a microwave and fridge to keep my food in (college). I'm trying to get a good intake of protein + carbs and plenty of calories (bulking)... I'm using whey protein the day of my workouts. I wish i could have eggs b/c i love them but don't think put them in the microwave would help, and my not drinkign them raw.

DarrenEff
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

eatit
02-09-2006, 01:18 AM
i'm in the same situation as you so that list is only helpful if you're creative.

Some tricks i've taken to:

Pick up some egg beaters or egg whites. You can actually make a pretty tastey egg mess out of them in the microwave. Start by cooking some veggies in a bit of water for five minutes, (i like to add jalapeno peppers) then drain them then use as much egg white as you want. Cook on hi for 45 seconds, stir, cook again for 30.

tabasco and salt are your best friends.

i make soup out of chicken breast (from the cafeteria) veggies and V8 juice.

A tuna melt doesn't even need explaining.

oats and rice can both be cooked in the microwave as well.

if you google microwave recipes there are all kinds of weird things out there. Just be creative.

jtrink
02-09-2006, 08:51 AM
ok thanks!

whiteman90909
02-09-2006, 04:12 PM
yeah, just make sure your eggs arent being cooked in a closed container, like tupperware. i wasnt thinking one morning and i did and... well they kinda blow up and get all over.