PDA

View Full Version : Tanner's training journal

tanner4
02-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Today I am starting my own journal. I am going to start working out on Sunday, but I thought that I would start my journal today.
Height: 5'9
Weight:127lbs

Goal(by August 1)=140lbs

My plan is to workout is:
Sunday: chest
Monday: arms
Wednesday: legs
Thursday:shoulders
Friday:back
(i will do abs 2 days a week)
if anyone has any suggestion please tell me

tanner4
02-12-2006, 07:46 PM
ok so today i wasn't able to go to the gym because my car was in the shop, but i'm going to get it back tomorow. so im going to begin my new diet and workout tomorow.

McIrish
02-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey, welcome to the forums bro - so your goal is bulking? I personally recommend cutting down the abs to only once or twice per week - do some weighted ab work and you won't need to worry about doing bazillions of crunches everyday. That's been one of the big things I learned from this forum... and looks like you're a skinny guy, so if you really want to pack on some mass, heavy lifts + mountains of food is the way to go. Good luck, and we'll be here to keep you motivated!!

:ninja:

tanner4
02-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks McIrish, that means a lot. And I appreciate the motivation. Well, I'm off to workout.

Con
02-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Gl man, I just started my journal yesterday and Im hoping to have a good entry for the first real day.

I was just wondering about something tho, why are you gonna work out some of your body parts twice in the course of 5 days? Im not sure but this could lead to overtraining, but i am a begginer so I may be wrong. In my opinion I think you might need to slow down with workout and focus on diet more.

tanner4
02-13-2006, 03:55 PM
hmm I think your right. I have heard that from quite a few of my friends. Thanks Con and gl with your journal.

tanner4
02-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok, today's workout went pretty well. I imagine I'll be pretty soar since i haven't worked out in a long time. Here is what my diet looked like today.

1st meal: breakfast drink, 2 sausage patties, milk
2nd meal:low fat frozen pizza, low fat sun chips, milk
3rd meal: turkey and cheese sandwhich on wheat, yogurt
4th meal:low fat chicken terriaki frozen dinner
5th meal: protein bar, milk

Totals:
cals:2321
protein:142
fats:100

I know my diet still needs improvement, but i am still working on it. Hopefully, by the end of the month i will have it worked out.

kartwheel
02-13-2006, 05:05 PM
hey tanner, what's up? i have a suggestion for you, if you don't mind listening. with your training split, i would change chest day with arms day (switch them), and here's why: your gonna tear your tris up the day before your going to need them to hit your chest. you need a recovery period or you chest work is going to be partial to what you might be gaining. by training arms on monday, you have tuesday & wednesday to let them recover before you need them for shoulders. i don't think exhausting your smaller support muscles before using them for your larger muscles is a wise idea, not when your beginning. as years go by, you can make adjustments as you learn how your body responds. hope this helps. if not, just tell me to shut up. later, and good luck

tanner4
02-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the advice kartwheel. I will try this next week since I've already done chest today. I would appreciate any advice you have.

kartwheel
02-13-2006, 08:54 PM
no problem. i'm willing to help with anything i can. if i don't know, i'll say so.

Con
02-15-2006, 01:54 PM
c'mon tanner, keep up wit the journal! waitin to see how your workouts are :)