PDA

View Full Version : My first bulking plan! How does it look?

ShadyRensch
05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone, I've finally decided after what it seems forever (about 3 years of lifting, but to lose fat), I'm going to do my first real bulk. Right now I'm cutting on 2300 cals on lifting days, 2000 on off days.

I am thinking to start by bumping up to 2800 on lifting, 2500 on off days, and I will continue carb cycling. What is the best ratio to do while bulking, or should I just make to stay in the .5 g/fat, and 1-1.5 g/protein and I'll be ok? I'm going to keep carb cycling for sure, but how many carbs should I be having on lifting days, and I will keep them as low as possible on off days.

I'll be doing Built's, Baby Got Back workout. It all starts tomorrow, can't wait.

ShadyRensch
05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Well got my first lift in, and it is nice eating a bit more, nobody has any opinions though? I also heard just to go up by 100 cals each week for a while, or should I just do the 500 up from where I was cutting at?

Jordanbcool
05-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone, I've finally decided after what it seems forever (about 3 years of lifting, but to lose fat), I'm going to do my first real bulk. Right now I'm cutting on 2300 cals on lifting days, 2000 on off days.

I am thinking to start by bumping up to 2800 on lifting, 2500 on off days, and I will continue carb cycling. What is the best ratio to do while bulking, or should I just make to stay in the .5 g/fat, and 1-1.5 g/protein and I'll be ok? I'm going to keep carb cycling for sure, but how many carbs should I be having on lifting days, and I will keep them as low as possible on off days.

I'll be doing Built's, Baby Got Back workout. It all starts tomorrow, can't wait.

More info please

-jordan

ShadyRensch
05-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Well I am 20, 187 pounds, 6 feet tall. Ummm around 13% bf. Hmm, I'm not sure what else, whatya need to know?

Con
05-02-2006, 03:07 PM
hey, gl with the bulk, after messing up my cut and realizing im probably cuttin to nothin(not a huge amount of muscle) im bulking aswell. Ive read a few articles and am starting on 3500 cals for the first week. Im hoping this isnt too high but i think im just gonna go with the flow. And yes eating is a lot easier, if i want a little extra, i dont sweat it, I even went out to eat yesterday and wasnt freakin out if I had too much to eat.

betastas
05-02-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't think you will build muscle on even 2800 calories daily at 183 lbs. If you're cutting successfully on 2300/2000, then bumping up 500 calories will probably put you at your maintenance. I wouldn't expect to see much gowth there at all. However, it is a good first step to go to maintenance for a few days, then up the calories another 500 or so. I would start bulking at above 3000 on lifting days, and only drop to about 2800 on non-lifting days. See if you grow.

If you don't grow at all, increase the calories by 300 (or more, if you desire), and try that. I doubt that you are in a hurry to put on fat, so take it slow off the start and find out what numbers work for you. If you still don't grow... add more. Measure your waistline at the start and if you start seeing that measurement growing fast, cut down on the calories.

Some people will tell you just to eat everything you can. I suggest that you take it slow, as you say you were heavy for the last three years.

ShadyRensch
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM
^That's all great help thanks a lot, I'll try switching it to 3000 on lifting day, 2800 on off days and see how that goes.