PDA

View Full Version : Protein amount based on LBM

frankm007
06-04-2006, 09:53 AM
n/m

Keith
06-04-2006, 10:01 AM
All this time I thought you based your protein intake on body weight, I just found out it's based on LBM, correct?
Correct. Its based on lean body mass.

smalls
06-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Why do you seem to care so much. Do you think that 50 g of protein is going to be the difference between mad muscle gain or kidney problems?

I base it off BW cuz that's what I do. Set up a diet that will lead to gains a stick to it. BW or LBM? I'm pretty sure there are bigger details to worry about.

smalls
06-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Oops!!

I was at 1.5g per pound of bodyweight! Thank god I lowered it to 1g per LBM recently.

Based on this post.

Built
06-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I eat about 160-220g protein daily, for my whopping 115 lbs of LBM.

1.8g/lb LBM won't hurt you.

smalls
06-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Nope, that doesn't say anything man... I could easily have been pleased to find this out because of many reasons not related to kidney issues:

saving money
allergy to whey and don't want to have so much
less calories

I've been doing this for more than 5 years, i've done 1.8g per bodyweight to my current state - i've been around, but i've strayed from the bodybuilding community for a while now, just asked a question to compare the answer to my new way of eating

So which one DID you say it in referance.

Nevermind it's not a big deal.
Hitting your total caloric goals and getting more than sufficient protein is what you should worry about IMO, not the little things. That's all.