PDA

View Full Version : What are you opinions/thoughts?

Jordanbcool
06-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Well I'm glad to say that my cut is finally over. I've reached my old goal of 10% ish bodyfat and Im starting my bulk soon (doing two weeks of maintanence first). Anyways what does everyone do here on WBB concerning bulks. I'd like to have a discussion on the pros and cons with this. Nobody likes fat, not even powerlifters. If they get to fat they'll have to move to a higher weight class and of course bodybuilders dont want/like fat. I was planning on doing a pretty conservative bulk with my newfound knowledge on diet. Read this though (its from animalpak.com)

"When I am in a mass building phase, I just eat and try to feed my body what it needs. When I do this, I will gain some fat weight… But so what? I can take care of that later with my good friend cardio, and his cousin low carbs. Simple fact is, the more calories you take in, the more you will gain, plain and simple. Listen, don’t be scared to get fat… When you shed the fat you will see the hard work and all the gains on stage. You can be lean and mean on a diet or fat and happy eating for size. That is difference between the onseason and the offseason."

Really caught my eye reading this. Its not talking about buffet gourging its just talking about eating a buttload of calories (5k and up) and getting huge while bulking. Sure alot of it will be fat but it has a very good point about more calories being shuttled into muscle. I dunno, I'd just like to get some comments about it since I dont post much anymore (except in my journals).

-jordan

Built
06-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Well I'm glad to say that my cut is finally over. I've reached my old goal of 10% ish bodyfat and Im starting my bulk soon (doing two weeks of maintanence first). Anyways what does everyone do here on WBB concerning bulks. I'd like to have a discussion on the pros and cons with this. Nobody likes fat, not even powerlifters. If they get to fat they'll have to move to a higher weight class and of course bodybuilders dont want/like fat. I was planning on doing a pretty conservative bulk with my newfound knowledge on diet. Read this though (its from animalpak.com)

"When I am in a mass building phase, I just eat and try to feed my body what it needs. When I do this, I will gain some fat weight… But so what? I can take care of that later with my good friend cardio, and his cousin low carbs. Simple fact is, the more calories you take in, the more you will gain, plain and simple. Listen, don’t be scared to get fat… When you shed the fat you will see the hard work and all the gains on stage. You can be lean and mean on a diet or fat and happy eating for size. That is difference between the onseason and the offseason."

Really caught my eye reading this. Its not talking about buffet gourging its just talking about eating a buttload of calories (5k and up) and getting huge while bulking. Sure alot of it will be fat but it has a very good point about more calories being shuttled into muscle. I dunno, I'd just like to get some comments about it since I dont post much anymore (except in my journals).

-jordan

Cardio and low carbs isn't how you drop fat - you drop fat when you fix up your diet, run a modest deficit, and lift heavy.

I'm not a fan of uncontrolled, old-style bulking. Too much fat to lose at the end.

Figure how much muscle you can reasonably expect to add over the course of your bulk, double that (and some change, depending on how much you hate cutting when it's over), and plan accordingly.

Jordanbcool
06-30-2006, 06:01 PM
So does anyone go on a pig fest during a bulk? I know some do. I dunno it was just interesting to think about (atleast I thought). Regardless I'm gonna be able to eat alot more then I did when I was on a PSMF and UD2 diets.

Both worked wonderfully by the way. Used both to drop those last 5-6lbs. I'd highly recommend them.

MagnaSephiroth
06-30-2006, 06:01 PM
A better method is to just go slow. Sure it takes longer, but you gain some fat, you fix it right there on the spot, then you continue. Just don't let the fat get out of hand and you should be fine.

Eszekial
06-30-2006, 06:03 PM
I'd take it slow JB.

You've got a lot of room for growth. No reason to put on unncessary fat.

Jordanbcool
06-30-2006, 06:12 PM
True. I'd really like to get my chest and back up to par....Cant wait to start baby got back.....*ends random thought*

Thanks for the input guys.

-jordan

KingWilder
06-30-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm about to start my bulk too. I'm just going to do a slow bulk to minimize fat gain because last time I just ate everything in sight and it was annoying later to drop fat that could have been avoided had I just been more careful with my diet.

ddegroff
06-30-2006, 07:23 PM
When I bulk i eat whenever I'm hungry, but i choose nutrient dense food so it all works out. But what I do binge on is milk, peanut butter, and almonds. I usually don't eat much different than my cut just much much more.

I wouldn't say its a totally "clean bulk" just a slower one.

Built
06-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah, no need to go squeaky clean on a bulk. Hell, I don't even CUT squeaky clean!