PDA

View Full Version : question about shakes

one_man_gang
09-03-2006, 06:14 PM
i drink a whey protein shake right after i work out, but i only workout on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. Should i drink them on my off days too or just on days when i workout? and another thing, it says to put one scoop of the whey protein powder into every 250mL of water or milk (i use milk) is it ok if i double scoop it?...one scoop gives u 23g of protein + the protein i'll get from the milk...if i double it, its gonna be approx. 60g of whey protein...is it fine to do that?...

KingWilder
09-03-2006, 07:55 PM
you can have shakes on days you don't workout if you still need to meet your protein requirements (approx: 1.5g per lb LBM)

I don't see a problem with double scooping, esp. after a workout. I usually always do 2 scoops.

one_man_gang
09-04-2006, 12:20 PM
alright thanks, so single-scoop shake on off days, and double-scoop shakes on workout days, 1.5g of protein per lb? :help:, for me thats gonna be around 200g of protein per day, i think thats gonna be too hard for me to do, what kind of foods can i possibly eat? i know the basic high-protein foods but im running out of ways to cook them lol. like the only time i eat beef is in burgers but i stopped eatin fastfood altogether. i get alot of protein from chocolate milk? is that ok?

bradatlsu
09-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Also, 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight is for people on a serious bulk. I bulk by getting only 180-200 grams and I weigh 200.