PDA

View Full Version : My first cut, after 6 months of lifting

GoodThings
10-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Well I just got done 6 months of hard lifting, and what I thought was hard eating. I didn't put on too many lbs, and I'm pretty sure I didn't rise much in BF percentage. Either way, my abs are pretty much the same how they started, not too visible. I guess that is the primary reason I want to shift gears and try eating slightly less and working in some cardio.

My previous gameplan for the last months has been roughly this:

-No cardio
-5 day split
- ~2500-~3500 daily calories.

My plans are changing to just add time at the gym, 15 minutes of bike after my weights, and I'm going to stop stuffing myself like I felt I was before. I might lose one meal altogether and replace with a serving of Atlarge Opticen Meal replacement (only a few hundred calories in comparison).

Any tips for cutting for someone who DOESN'T map his meals out on fitday? Can this be easily accomplished just eating a bit less than what I'm used to and adding some calorie burning workout? I usually stop running or working out when I get to 150 or 200 calories "burned", or so the machine says.

I'm going to try to keep a journal here with pictures so anyone here that wants to chime in can do so please.

GoodThings
10-27-2006, 12:18 PM
BTW, I'm 5'7 157lbs. I'm looking to see great results by the time I get to 150lbs. My primary goal on the cut is just to focus on the abs, I think that is where all the progress is going to be easiest to see. Any other suggestions?