PDA

View Full Version : Dieting screwing up metabolism???

Darcy Tucker
02-08-2002, 07:00 PM
I've heard that if you diet when you are young you can screw up your metabolism for later on in life. Is this a myth? Because if it isn't that would really suck!

Spiderman
02-08-2002, 07:17 PM
Where in the hell did you hear that? Was it from some fat person downing a ton of crappy food and a diet coke? I don't think I've EVER heard of this one before... I wouldn't worry about it bro. ;)

Darcy Tucker
02-08-2002, 08:04 PM
It would make kind of sense though wouldn't it. I have eaten really poorly in the past. I'm talking mega amount of calories. Like fast food twice a day and wouldn't get fat. If say I turned anorexic for like a year and then ate poorly again endulging in so much fatty foods with loads of calories don't you think my weight would explode past what it originaly was. This is considering if I exersiced the same amount.

Darcy Tucker
02-08-2002, 11:04 PM
What do the rest of you think of this because I'm on my first cutting diet before and I'm a tad bit worried.

body
02-09-2002, 04:44 AM
cutting ruins your metabolism is short term. It will ruin it now. not ten years down the line.
The article you are reading about is probably about yo-yo dieting.

If you cut and do not give yourslef enough eg calcuim, then you good get weeker bones a result. So you in later life problems like that may occur.
If you are a teen problems may occur later in life as it prevents some organs growing properly.

Also it may screw up your metabolism if cut severly for long periods of time eg see anorexia recovery. These are going to be the worse cases you will see an may never fully recover as there heart etc will start to waste.

=w=
02-09-2002, 06:02 AM
Darcy Tucker It would make kind of sense though wouldn't it. I have eaten really poorly in the past. I'm talking mega amount of calories. Like fast food twice a day and wouldn't get fat. If say I turned anorexic for like a year and then ate poorly again endulging in so much fatty foods with loads of calories don't you think my weight would explode past what it originaly was. This is considering if I exersiced the same amount.

I dont know where you got the idea of dieting = anorexic. Anorexia yeah would screw you up but healthy dieting will not hurt you in the long run.

Spiderman
02-09-2002, 06:26 AM
Even short term dieting won't affect it that much. Just eat healthy and go about it the right way and you should be fine. Just make sure that you're takin a multi-vitamin. ;)

body
02-09-2002, 07:00 AM
and minerals. probably some EFA'S if not suing keto way to loose fat as well.