PDA

View Full Version : Jordan's in too deep

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jordanbcool
11-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Hello everyone! Heres my new journal. Feel free to stop by anytime to comment, look it over or to just say hello.

First off I'd like to list my current stats and strengths.

Height- 5'8
Weight- 220 even
Bodyfat- 17-19%

Deadlift- 425x1
Squat- 335x1
Leg press- 585x2
Bench- Two 95 pound DB'sx2

Current strengths- Chest, upper/lower back, legs, neck Faults- Forearms, calves, shoulders, arms, grip strength and speed/agility

Current goals
Gain 5lbs of LBM before cut
Reach 225-230 by Janurary
Increase all core lifts
Work on squat form

After cut goals
Maintain strength while cutting
Lean down to 9%
Weigh 190lbs even (185 depleted)
Run a mile under 8 minutes
Complete 8 pullups unassisted

After my cut I plan to do a slow bulk or to follow a strength program.

Thats pretty much it. I'm 5 months into my bulk and have one more month left before its over. I've been following baby got back with amazing success. So far I've gained 36 pounds and my strength has sky-rocketed. Right now I'm going to follow that super-squat program to hopefully gain 5lbs of lbm.

Special shout outs go too: Built, sidior, ddegroff, and stump. Of course there's others but these guys have been supporting me for a while now and have really helped me out with knowledge and advice.

Enjoy everyone!

Stumprrp
11-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Olay!

Jordanbcool
11-26-2006, 12:37 AM
I got a steroid comment today! A friend that I havent seen in 3 weeks or so asked me if I was juicing....he said I was getting fat but that my arms were ripping out of my shirt and that I looked like I could run through walls. :D I saw an older pic. of me during the summer and I can't believe how scrawny I was.....Now though larges are starting to get tight..

Anyways, the steroid comment made my whole day! hehe Can't wait to post pics in a month.

WBBIRL
11-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Transformations are always awesome, its sometimes hard to see yourself without comparison of before and after pics. I know because I though I looked the same at 260 as I did at 225, only after I kept getting the dude WTF happend to you did I dig out old pictures and was like **** I WAS SMALL lol.

Looking forward to some big #'s and progress in here.

1mmort4l
11-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Good luck Jordan.
What is this journal going to be for? Just your remaining 1 month bulk workouts, or are you going to continue this one with your cut?
Looking forward to your pics mate..

Jordanbcool
11-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Good luck Jordan.
What is this journal going to be for? Just your remaining 1 month bulk workouts, or are you going to continue this one with your cut?
Looking forward to your pics mate..

Its gonna be to show that 20 rep. squat program and then onward. Its mainly for my cut but I wanted to give you guys some strong precut numbers. Plus my other journal is so old..

Sidior
11-26-2006, 04:24 PM
journal whore!

Jordanbcool
11-26-2006, 04:41 PM
journal whore!

Only for you big boy ;)

Stumprrp
11-26-2006, 04:49 PM
cant wait to see your first 20 rep workout, BE READY, if you have a training partner tell him to go away until your done, the pins are your friend, be completely focused and you will make the weight no problem.

Coke
11-27-2006, 05:21 AM
You've been raising up for some time now JBC, nice seeing you stepping up even more to trim down later on.

Wish you well with this new thing!!

Bob
11-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Good luck with the new journal Jordan..
Your determination, goals, dedication and progress are awesome..
Keep it going!!!

Lift heavy, eat right & rest enough...

McIrish
11-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Hell yeah Jordan, good to see you putting up some solid numbers in here! When does the dreaded cut begin? Also, why are you cutting mid-winter? Methinks it might be better to start in February or so, and then you'll be shredded in three-four months in time for summer and the beach candy.

rookiebldr
11-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Good luck with the journal and progress, Jordan.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Hell yeah Jordan, good to see you putting up some solid numbers in here! When does the dreaded cut begin? Also, why are you cutting mid-winter? Methinks it might be better to start in February or so, and then you'll be shredded in three-four months in time for summer and the beach candy.

I'm thinking about postponing it till then but right now I'm really not sure. I've been finding out that the longer I bulk the more often I have to run a short 6 day PSMF to cut down on fat gain. My muscle and strength gains are pretty consistant and they've been going up ever since I started really eating. It used to be mild fat gain but this past month or so I've been gaining close to half muscle and half fat (almost exactly pound for pound). For me, fat gain isnt a big concern but once it starts going over 20% I start to store it on my face and it makes me look like crap. Truth be told, sunday I weighed 225. The thing is I only upped my cals. by 200 this past month, which mathmatically doesnt add up to the fat I've been seeing. Three reasons, my fitday is probably off (as you know what you eat and what you calculate are often way off unless its clean). I honestly havent ran in 3 weeks (been way to busy with school almost out) and I'm thinking that I cant add on much more muscle anyways since my bodyfat is still hovering at sub 20% (just barely) but I'm still 220-225.

I plan to run a cycle next fall once I do more research but lately its been hard to add LBM without a significant amount of fat.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 09:50 AM
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jordanbcool

Discuss.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I've been having problems editing my posts since the new software came up (please tell me if any of you are having similar problems) but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone whos giving me support!

Sidior
11-27-2006, 10:41 AM
I've been having problems editing my posts since the new software came up (please tell me if any of you are having similar problems) but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone whos giving me support!

Yup me too:(

rookiebldr
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
With which software are you using to view/edit the pages?

Sidior
11-27-2006, 11:26 AM
With which software are you using to view/edit the pages?

IE 6.0

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jordanbcool

Discuss.

Sorry guys.

Tonight I'd like to max out on bench/squat and figure out some numbers to play around with this weekend. (so I know what weight to start attempting on my first workout). I also always wanted to do a kinda before strength after strength thing. I.E. Before supersquat I did X amount of weight but afterwards I can do X more weight.

Consult the fitday with any questions. I'd like to see whos the first one to catch on to what I'm doing at this exact moment in time. ;)

I'd rather not come out and say it for fear of sid. :disagree:

Sidior
11-27-2006, 02:46 PM
PSMF I win.....

and regarding that fear of sid thing oh shiat! you in trouble now

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
PSMF I win.....

and regarding that fear of sid thing oh shiat! you in trouble now

That was actually faster then I thought anyone would get it.

It'll probably be just as short as last time...and I'm going right into bulking afterwards. I cant get into TOO much trouble since I'm only bulking some more for a few weeks. Plus the program should be really intense so partitioning should be better then it has been. Chubby face is bothering me and I should have a hot date soon ;)

P.S. Sid. Arent you on a psmf now or no?

Sidior
11-27-2006, 05:39 PM
That was actually faster then I thought anyone would get it.

It'll probably be just as short as last time...and I'm going right into bulking afterwards. I cant get into TOO much trouble since I'm only bulking some more for a few weeks. Plus the program should be really intense so partitioning should be better then it has been. Chubby face is bothering me and I should have a hot date soon ;)

P.S. Sid. Arent you on a psmf now or no?

Nah I was just asking about it to get info for any future attempts. Im prolly just going to keep eating whatever I want and not tracking cals till christmas then cut, haha my lifts would be way better if I was in the 198s lol.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Nah I was just asking about it to get info for any future attempts. Im prolly just going to keep eating whatever I want and not tracking cals till christmas then cut, haha my lifts would be way better if I was in the 198s lol.

I hear ya bro. Thats good though since I also plan to cut after christmas. I think you'll be very surprised at my strength workout.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Full body strength workout

DB bench
75x3
85x2
100x3 PR

Leg press
360x3
450x2
600x3 PR

Low cable curls
110x5
110x5
110x5
110x5
110x5

Cable rows
180x3
200x2
240x2 PR

DB shoulder raises
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5

Pushups
2x15

Hammy curls (each leg)
40x6
40x6
40x6
40x6

Situps
3x20

WOW. Dont know what was in my system today but I really threw up some heavy weight today :D Totally shattered both bench and leg press PR's. Also got a nice lat row PR too. :strong: Not bad for only 1200 cals.

Can't wait till next week :burger:

ddegroff
11-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey nice work on those PR's.

I guess I've got some work to do.

Cool journal, I'll stop by.

Sidior
11-27-2006, 09:07 PM
100s!!!! I will let the PSMF continue for now I guess....

Top drawer bro, looking strong as teh devil.

Coke
11-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Damn, seeing pr's left and right - that is sweet, keep it up.

Jordanbcool
11-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Before bulk
Bench press- Two 85 pound dumbells X 2
Leg press- 450 X 5
Squats- 285 X 5
Deads- 335 X 3

Current
Bench press- Two 100 pound dumbells X 3
Leg press- 600 X 3
Squat- 335 X 1
Dead- 425 X 1

Heres just a little look at some of the numbers I was throwing up before bulking. At the time I was 186 @13%.:thumbup:

WBBIRL
11-28-2006, 08:09 AM
100's are no joke bro, big weights to move for sure!

Jordanbcool
11-28-2006, 08:17 AM
100's are no joke bro, big weights to move for sure!

Thanks!

Jordanbcool
11-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey guys. I had a different workout then usual. Heres my lifts (in order).

Deadlifts
Squats
Leg press
Bench press
Concentration curls
Upright rows
Dips
Arnold press

My brother was in the gym with me today so I wanted to show him some of the better excersizes for building up mass. Of course I could've done a heavier excersize for back and shoulders but I was DEAD after the first two. Also I only got 5 hours of sleep last night so I was exhausted from the get go. I've been pretty stressed latley because I have this HUGE project that counts for half my grade (literally 50%) and I havent really started it. Its due Tuesday.

So today was just to throw around some good weight, not as heavy as usual but enough to show my brother that I can do alot. He wants to be big and strong for next season and hes joining my gym sometime next week.

So yea, on squats I was doing 315 for reps. Bench press I was throwing up two 95 pound DB's....so pretty heavy but not PR breaking. I also wanted to really focus on form because for noobs, thats one of the most important aspects.

I've been doing a pretty restrictive diet these past 5 days. A PSMF..just to drop some fat before the super squat program. Also I'm seeing this girl and I dont know whats gonna happen with us so I wanted to drop some face, belly, and butt fat before things picked up with her.

Things are going well with her BTW. I'm calling her tonight, shes pretty cute. Once I get all these damned reports/finals done I plan to go over to her house.

Carb up is tomarrow but nothing crazy. 4K of mostly carbs....same onward, probably till Janurary. So I'm not doing a carb up or refeed per-se but I'm def. eating above maintanence which should be well enough.

Plan to try out the super-squat program sometime this weekend if I get to it. Maybe Sunday morning or something, not to sure. Sorry for the long post people. I'll keep this thing updated.

-jordan

P.S. I've dropped like 3-4lbs of mostly fat in only 5 days (10lbs total), a PSMF is pretty effective the first week (slows down after that). :)

Stumprrp
11-30-2006, 07:54 PM
wow thats alot of weight loss, haha, that crap cannot be good for you!

KevinStarke
11-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Just out of curiousity, why do you not consider your barbell bench max your bench max? Why the dumbell bench max?

Sidior
11-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Nice weight loss so far.

Jordanbcool
11-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Just out of curiousity, why do you not consider your barbell bench max your bench max? Why the dumbell bench max?

I never have a spotter or atleast on a regular basis so 99% of the time I ALWAYS use dumbells. Personally; I think they are better muscle builders all around then barbell excersizes and you don't really need a spotter so its always been a win win for me. I figure once I get above 105's (the biggest they have) I'll have to suck it up and bug people for spots.

I could bring a friend or what not with me but they always slow me down. The only friend I had that we did similar weight is now in the marines. All my other friends weigh like 160 on 6'3 frames (very lanky and weak). Plus they are lazy and dont like to lift like I do.

Stump- Yea man, I was mostly concerned about my face fat. That bugged me the most. I dont really care about stomach fat cus I always have a shirt on. Muscle loss shouldnt be TOO bad as my strength hasent gone down the crapper and I'm still filling out my clothes. I plan to be really aggressive with eating/lifting these next 3 weeks. Trying desperatly to get 5lbs of LBM. Once I cut down though I think I'll look great, way better then last year. I think all around I gained probably 15-20lbs of LBM which isnt too shabby.

Sid- Thanks. Like my avitar quote? :P

Sidior
11-30-2006, 08:32 PM
haha I forgot to mention that...sure do and dont you forget it!

ddegroff
11-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Glad to hear things are going well.

It's cool your showing your brother some good lifts. Except upwright rows, they do more harm than good.

Jordanbcool
12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Glad to hear things are going well.

It's cool your showing your brother some good lifts. Except upwright rows, they do more harm than good.

Shoulders? Joints?

Why do you think they are more harm then good?

Jordanbcool
12-01-2006, 02:14 PM
haha I forgot to mention that...sure do and dont you forget it!

I changed it. Bohizzle got angry. lol

ddegroff
12-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I puts more stress on the RC than the delt.

The RC takes enough crap from everything else we do.

IMO theres better methods than upright rows.

Sidior
12-01-2006, 02:24 PM

lol we both know the truth

Jordanbcool
12-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Tonights workout

Squats
225x10

SLDL
225x10

Pullover stretching**

DB bench
80x8

One arm Dumbell rows
80x15

Overhead press
105x10

Pullovers
115x10

Squats- This seems like a good number to start with. I did squats yesterday so my quads/glutes are still sore from that. The 10 reps. was actually pretty hard but once I'm fresh I should be able to do it. I had to rest for 15-20 seconds on the last 3 reps.

SLDL- Again hard, but I didnt have to pause as much with this. It was mostly just touch and go. I only did it for 10 reps. though.

Bench- I didnt get the 10 reps. like I wanted....only 8. I think I can do it for 10 though cus I also did bench yesterday for my brother using 95's.

Rows- Hard, but I could probably get 85's.

Overhead press- This wasnt as hard as everything else. I think I can go up 5lbs easily.

Pullovers- These were hard but I dont think I did them right. Im probably going to have to drop the weight a bit to be able to do 20 with good form.

I was exhausted after this workout though, I really dread monday but at the same time I'm excited to boost my squat.

Real workout (monday)

Squat- 1x20
Pullover stretching
SLDL- 1x15 (Same weight as squat)
Bench- 2x10
Pullovers- 1x20
Rows- 2x15
Overhead press- 2x10

ddegroff
12-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Whew, looks like fun!

This should be interesting to follow.

Bohizzle
12-01-2006, 08:31 PM

lol we both know the truth

:whiner: u guys are ****ers.. lol

first time in here, big weights are being moved around. keep up the solid work

Andrew

12-04-2006, 05:26 PM
i saw you other tread on the supper squats and had to some check out your journal - its all about gettig all 20 reps man you gotta either push your self harder or drop the weight down im guessing the second because in your other thread you said you were on the verge of puking

mad props to you for doing this work out tho keep at it its a good one hard as hell tho

Sidior
12-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Hope the 20 goes well...don't be a bitch and wussy out!

Jordanbcool
12-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Hope the 20 goes well...don't be a bitch and wussy out!

Sorry!

I ended up curling up under the squat rack and crying. I asked myself the meaning of life and then I'm told I started trying to stab the bar with my pen. When I woke up I was lying in the showers, naked. Someone had also placed shaving cream in my hands, cut off an eyebrow and drew a penis next to my mouth.

:cry:

Jordanbcool
12-04-2006, 06:21 PM
First super squat session.

Squats
225x18

Pullover stretching

SLDL
225x15

DB bench
80x9
80x6

DB rows
85x15
85x15

Overhead press
105x10
105x8

DB Pullovers
45x20

Comments

Squats- Very insane. I started shaking when I got to my 13th rep. Everything after that I was trembling. I think I could have done 20 reps. but I didnt want to hurt myself by falling down or going to failure for that matter. To my credit I considered racking it at 13 when I started shaking but I kept going. I think next time I can do 20 of these though. I did my workout in the morning this time, which I'm not used to. I workout better at night but I wanted to try in the morning to see how crowded it is.

SLDL- Was intense but I didnt start shaking or anything....afterwards though I started walking around like someone had butt ****ed me and left me for dead.

Bench press- I could've gotten 10.....my grip started getting fatigued?? The first set I just failed to get to 10 but on the second set my grip started really failing....so the second set wasent because of my chest but of my hands.....I literally almost dropped them on my face.

Rows- Probably the most intense excersize next to squats. I started seeing stars on both sets........this is when I really started to feel like I was going to throw up.

Overhead press- Ok I got through the first and second set.......the thing that annoyed me was that I couldve gone heavier but I was so close to throwing up I had to stop.....thats another reason why I only got to 8.

Pullover stretching- I almost said screw this. This wasnt too hard but it was hard enough that my nausea did go away.

Things to change

1. Workout at night
2. Take longer breaks between excersizes. Maybe up them to 5 minutes or something. I didnt wait as long as I should and I think thats why I felt so sick.
3. Maybe do bench press before SLDL? Is that ok stump???

Actually while doing rows the only thing I could think of is my hatred for the designer of this program. But then I reminded myself of my goals and I just kept going.

Next time I'd like to just complete all reps on every excersize. I think I should be able to do that next workout without decreasing weight on any excersize.

Sorry guys....I really tried though. I really wanted to atleast do all the reps. But i've never done a workout like this before so hopefully my body will adapt to the extra strain. I am eating like a hoss though! :)

KevinStarke
12-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Nice high rep squat there man, closin in on 20.

Jordanbcool
12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Nice high rep squat there man, closin in on 20.

Thanks...I was so close I could taste it....the sweat was rolling into my mouth and I was like...uughh only two more damnit.

Unholy
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Damn Dude lookin strong, Hows the high rep work treating you vs conventional aproach?

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
you will adapt quickly jordan that was a mighty strong showing for the first time out on 20 reppers, i think ill do some tomorrow myself :D i guess it wouldnt hurt to place the SLDL's after bench i just do them right after for the intensity factor, after the squats take at least 5-10 minutes.

eat up son! heavy breakfast postworkout and pre bed!

Jordanbcool
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
you will adapt quickly jordan that was a mighty strong showing for the first time out on 20 reppers, i think ill do some tomorrow myself :D i guess it wouldnt hurt to place the SLDL's after bench i just do them right after for the intensity factor, after the squats take at least 5-10 minutes.

eat up son! heavy breakfast postworkout and pre bed!

Great stump! Thanks for the advice man :D

And i've been eating big all day. After my workout I had 4 cups of meat pasta with 2 cups of milk and 2.5 scoops of opticen. It was gooood.

Jordanbcool
12-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Damn Dude lookin strong, Hows the high rep work treating you vs conventional aproach?

Well right now I'm not used to it so it REALLY sucked.......although I'm def. enjoying a change of pace and a new workout routine.

I also like the intensity. As far as workouts go, this is the hardest thing i've ever done.

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 08:05 PM
very good, make it worth while, keep track of your weight

12-04-2006, 08:43 PM
ok i thought the other work out you had posted was you first suppa squat day but your were apparenly just testing it out your actual first day was MUCH better!!!

as far as the order goes my coach has me doing it a little different that you, i start with the military presses 3sets

then did the dreaded 20 reps of squats with deep breaths imbetween each rep immideatly followed by the pullovers
- doing the pullover immideatly to follow while your still breating hard is to expand you chest and make it grow( the deep breaths are for this as well)- this work out was originally designed with no direct chest exercise

bench 3 sets ( Im not doing high reps but that for track purposes)
rows 3x15
stdl 1x15
pullovers1x20

i like having the stdl at the end to give yourself some recovery from the squats

the article my coach gave me said to drink a gallon of milk a day-they called this program squats and milk!!!
eat up!

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 08:50 PM
yeah 8.8 the program calls for 1 gallon a day, id encourage it if u can handle it/ like milk / have the cash!..or a cow :D

Sidior
12-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Nice workout jordan, 225x18 is huge. Although because you were two reps short you are almost as big a bitch as me.

Jordanbcool
12-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Well guys, I was sore today but not as sore as I thought I'd be which is good. Workout is still on for tomarrow and I'm excited about it.

I can feel my lat spread getting thicker/fuller already......can't wait to take some pics for you guys.

ddegroff
12-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Wow that looks rough.

Although very interesting looking routine.

Jordanbcool
12-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I got 20 reps on squat today :D I'll post the whole workout later, busy EATING!

Stumprrp
12-06-2006, 07:49 PM
excellent, MORE WEIGHT!

oh yeah, strossan also reccomends +5 on all other exersizes each week, but i added when ever i completed reps.

12-06-2006, 07:57 PM
I got 20 reps on squat today :D I'll post the whole workout later, busy EATING!

YEA!!!!!

feel less pukish this time or was the feeling the same?

Stumprrp
12-06-2006, 07:59 PM
YEA!!!!!

feel less pukish this time or was the feeling the same?

I know when i was doing them i felt better the workout after, until i added more weight, haha!

ddegroff
12-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Nice work JBC!

Edit: Since your "girl last week" thread was closed, I'll post here.

Hit it tonight, no sorry excuses.

Sidior
12-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Nice job on the 20 bro. Let your new hottie know about it and maybe she will reward you.

Jordanbcool
12-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Yestedays squat workout

Squats
225x20

DB bench
80x10
80x8

SLDL
225x15

Cable rows
160x15
160x15

Military press
115x10
115x10

DB stretching

DB Pullovers
50x20

Comments
Squats- Ack, hard as crap. I hate these squats lol....but I do plan to go up 5lbs Friday.

DB bench- Almost guys, almost. I should get it by friday

SLDL- Almost threw up all over the bar and floor....ran to the bathroom just in case, but I didnt do it thank god. I hate throwing up. I wont be surprised if I do it a couple of times before this month is over.

Rows- Good and really hard......last two reps. werent the best form but I kept going anyways.

Military press- Really, really hard. :(

DB pullovers- Not much to say about this.....pain in the ass though after everything else.

Workouts are still hard, but I'm liking them.

Stumprrp
12-07-2006, 05:08 PM
outstanding

Bob
12-07-2006, 05:12 PM
SLDL- Almost threw up all over the bar and floor....ran to the bathroom just in case, but I didnt do it thank god. I hate throwing up. I wont be surprised if I do it a couple of times before this month is over.
Way to hold back Jordan!! After a 20 repper, adding SLDLs would probably have done it for me!

Looking strong!

Jordanbcool
12-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Way to hold back Jordan!! After a 20 repper, adding SLDLs would probably have done it for me!

Looking strong!

Thanks man!

Stumprrp
12-07-2006, 07:12 PM
be mentally ready to own 230 x 20 friday and get 80 x 10 x 2 on bench!

give me a days diet example.

Jordanbcool
12-07-2006, 07:20 PM
be mentally ready to own 230 x 20 friday and get 80 x 10 x 2 on bench!

give me a days diet example.

Actually. I havent been tracking calories since monday. I just took your advice and started eating like crazy. Heres what I had today, off the top of my head.

2 cups raisin bran
8 cups 1% milk
4 tbsp peanut butter
8 slices whole wheat bread
6 whole eggs
1/2 cup cheese
1 can tuna
2.5 scoops of opticen
5 oz chicken breast
1.5 cups orange juice
2 poptarts
3 apples
2 cups rice
some veggies
2 biscuits
and a banana.

Actually this is much cleaner then what I normally take....I'm sure the calories and macro's are enough, I've been eating non stop all day :D

Just did fitday.......

5135= Calories
318g= Protein
154g= Fat
642g= Carbs

lol.....

Stumprrp
12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
HELL yeah LOL!! looks FINE :D

WBBIRL
12-08-2006, 04:49 AM
I seriously can't wait until I can eat like that =/

lucky bastid

Whats your maintaince?

ddegroff
12-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Strong work JBC with those 20reps and eating everything in site!

Jordanbcool
12-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I seriously can't wait until I can eat like that =/

lucky bastid

Whats your maintaince?

Somewhere around 3500 give or take a hundred.

Stumprrp
12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
im about the same, at around 3000, but the way i like to eat 3000 isnt much, ha.

12-08-2006, 07:41 PM
how'd the 20 go today?!?!

isnt eating 5000 calories wonerful

Jordanbcool
12-10-2006, 08:51 AM
how'd the 20 go today?!?!

isnt eating 5000 calories wonerful

TERRIBLE.

But the 5k eating has been great ;)

Jordanbcool
12-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Fridays super squat program

Squats
235x20

DB Bench
80x10
80x10

SLDL
235x15

Cable Rows
160x15
160x15

Military press
120x10
120x10

DB Stretching

DB Pullovers
50x20

Comments
1) Squats- Very hard.....As always. My friend was there, and thought I was done at 11. He was shocked when I kept going and got all 20 out. I was actually surprised myself, I just dug down and got them out.
2) Bench- :)- Told ya I'd get it!
3) SLDL- Again, almost threw up. I feel so bad with these since my grip will fail if I take too long. I usually try to rep. them out as fast as humanly possible....thats why I get so sick. But it really hit my hams and back hard.
4) Rows- I think I can go heavier next time. However, I think I'm doing one armed DB rows next time. I may even start doing bent rows.
5) Military press- I've been going up pretty steadily in this lift. However, I think I'm going to try an overhead press with DB's. I'm not sure though.
6) DB pullovers- I need to go heavier on this. I usually just go through the motions....eh.

Anyways, I'm back up from 220ish to 225 even. I dont think I gained as much fat as I did last time I reached 225 so alot of it is def. muscle.

I think everyone will be surprised at how much bigger I've gotten. I'm stretching out my large shirts now, that would be baggy on me last summer. I've been told I'm alot bigger and what not...so yea. Cant wait to post pics in a few weeks. All you guys get is shirted pics though, as my stomach isnt something I'm proud of lol.

Stumprrp
12-10-2006, 09:25 AM
awesome jordan, looking super strong, and take your shirt off for the pics dude, i guarentee my stomach is bigger and i still post shirted, lol.

Jordanbcool
12-10-2006, 09:30 AM
awesome jordan, looking super strong, and take your shirt off for the pics dude, i guarentee my stomach is bigger and i still post shirted, lol.

We'll see lol.......I'll post some pics in two weeks. Right before my surgery. Then its cutting time.

Stumprrp
12-10-2006, 09:34 AM
yep, im cutting jan 1st slow so i dont lose my mind like i always do trying low carb diets lol

Jordanbcool
12-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Waist- 39
Right arm- 17
Left arm- 16
Thighs- 28
Calves- 17
Chest- 45
Neck- 16

Took some measurements. I did them a few times to make sure they were accurate.

As I thought, my left arm is slightly smaller then my right although its caught up ALOT in comparison.

Also go a thick ass waist. I'm guessing my bodyfat is 19-21%. Nothing that scares me though, cutting will come soon enough.

Everything else is pretty self explanitory. Nothing special about my condition. I'm not carb depleted, or dehyrdated.....and the measurements were taken during the day not right when I woke up. So yea, I can get into 38" pants without problems..and I was surprised that it came up an inch off. I think I may have to take a dump soon lol....;)

P.S. Tell me about the measurements. I dont know whats good/bad or not for my weight and height. I dont know if a 45" chest is something to brag about or be ashamed of.....so just let me know what you guys think.

Stumprrp
12-10-2006, 11:31 AM
looks good dude, my waist at the belly button is 35 and 37 at the hip, arms 16 (******* LOL), neck 17.5, chest 48, leg 28.5 and calf 17 so we are similar

WBBIRL
12-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Closing in on 60", I've never gotten a single complement about my chest/shoulder size. So that means its either unimpressive, or people just don't care.

Cutting sucks the big ones, atleast for me it does. But you know as well as any that the spoils make the war well worth it. Good luck brother!

ddegroff
12-10-2006, 11:48 AM
You could really increase those pullovers.

This program looks more and more interesting.

Keep up the strong work JBC, looking forward to seeing your progress!

Unholy
12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Your measurements sound pretty good. Basically if your Chest is 10" larger then your waist you should start seeing that sexy V taper that we are all after (assuming its not manboobs ofcoarse)

Jordanbcool
12-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Your measurements sound pretty good. Basically if your Chest is 10" larger then your waist you should start seeing that sexy V taper that we are all after (assuming its not manboobs ofcoarse)

nah, to my credit they are pretty hard.....cant wait to take some pics.

Jordanbcool
12-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Tonight workout

Squats
240x20 (ouch lol)

DB bench
85x10
85x8

SLDL
240x15

DB Stretching*

DB one arm rows
90x15
90x15

Overhead press
125x10
125x8

DB Pullovers
60x12

Comments
Squats were really hard today. I felt my muscles give out right after I racked it.......Fell to ground almost instantly and sat there for a few minutes...I was walking weird the rest of the night......Got some weird stares. I honestly think I'm the only person in that gym that actually squats in the squat rack. Let alone, actually strains with it.

DB bench
I was really surprised that I got 10 right off the bat. I failed on the last two reps. of the second set though....but thats not really a bad thing. My strength has gone up alot and I'm sure I can get it by my next workout.

SLDL
Stump, I hate yoooou. lol....still surprised I havent blown chunks yet. SLDL's always get me :eek:

Rows
These were actually, probably the hardest thing I did tonight. Started shaking and what not during it....and I really had to take some long rest breaks between the sets and when switching arms. Just totally zapped me. My form on the last 5 reps of each arm werent the best either. So, I dont think I'll go up when I do these next time. I may do bent rows but I dunno.

Military press
I've been going up on these the fastest but I didnt get there today. I think I can def. do it next workout because, like bench.....I was sooo close.

DB pullovers
I thought of ddegroff when I did these :) Tried to get out 20 but I was just so tired....I'll get em next time.

Sidior
12-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Awesome squatting man!

KevinStarke
12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
High intensity workout man, good stuff.

Jordanbcool
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Awesome squatting man!

Yea. I can't wait to max out...

12-11-2006, 11:35 PM

i thought the same thing during the 20 rep squats but becareful not to jump into low reps to fast its soo different your body will be so clueless when you start doing low reps again- you dont want to hurt yourself by jumping into to heavy of weights

my coach has me doing 10,8,6,6,8 this week as a transition and will eventualy lower the reps

Sidior
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM

Well first try to beat stump on that 225x challenge!

Coke
12-12-2006, 06:11 AM
Damn JBC, you can really get crazy with the high rep work, especially on your squats - :thumbup:

Jordanbcool
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Well first try to beat stump on that 225x challenge!

I plan to try actually....lol. We'll see. I'm really liking the strength gains and I'm really happy about my size so I may bulk for another month.

Thanks for the support guys.

O yea, On december 21st. I'm getting some more surgery....so yea. I'll be out for atleast a week (which I've already planned to take off anyways for training)....and possibly another week depending on if it heals right or not. I'll give more details once its done.

Stumprrp
12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
isnt this program like steriods man!? haha good work man

but i refuse to lose this competition, but good luck man, i hope some1 gets over 50 so i can do it again, lol.

Jordanbcool
12-12-2006, 08:56 PM
isnt this program like steriods man!? haha good work man

but i refuse to lose this competition, but good luck man, i hope some1 gets over 50 so i can do it again, lol.

lol. I doubt I'll get anywhere close, but It'd be cool to give you a run for your money ;)

I think you got it won. I'm cutting in a month or two so I wont have as much time to train as other people.

Stumprrp
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
dont forget me! im cutting in a month or 2 also, and i cant wait, haha.

Jordanbcool
12-12-2006, 09:24 PM
dont forget me! im cutting in a month or 2 also, and i cant wait, haha.

Ack! I forgot.

Well I know sids. cutting soon. All three of us should be cutting around the same time. I think it'd be cool to see how it all turns out.

ddegroff
12-12-2006, 09:48 PM
oh this should be fun. I'll be still bulking while your cutting. LOL

Hows this program treating ya?

Jordanbcool
12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
oh this should be fun. I'll be still bulking while your cutting. LOL

Hows this program treating ya?

I like it. This program and BGB both get a big thumbs up from me.

You're lucky that you get to bulk! I remember how much cutting sucks....and to do it for 4 months!! Thats gonna suck even more lol

Sidior
12-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I start cutting Jan 1st :( It's gonna suck!

Jordanbcool
12-13-2006, 03:48 PM

Build me a bridge and get over it!

lol. Someone said that to me one day and I almost punched him in the mouth.

Stumprrp
12-13-2006, 05:07 PM

we are together brother, we are together.

god that ice cream at work was so good too :(

12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
what are you getting sugery for?

ill be with you guys for the cut as well i start in febuary

Jordanbcool
12-13-2006, 09:14 PM
what are you getting sugery for?

ill be with you guys for the cut as well i start in febuary

I had my septum straightened and some turrups removed over the summer. Turrups are little "knuckles" of dead tissue on the inside of your nose. So, once they ripped out all that.......the cartilage on the inside of my nose started to sag. Now they have to go in, rip some more stuff out and put a piece of metal and screws to physically hold my cartilage in place. I havent gotten a good sleep in years because of it and its been affecting all aspects of my life (memory, relationships, mood, intensity etc. etc.).

Anyways, I'm not worried about the surgery but my doctor said since I'm so young and I'm already having all these problems that I can expect things to get alot worse as I age. I hope that this doesnt happen.....after this surgery....theres really nothing else they can do.

So yea, it doesnt affect the outside apperance of my nose at all its all deep inside my nose. If I ever get in a fight though, I think I'll be really messed up lol.

Stupid nose.

P.S. If anyone knows any cartilage strengthers.......let me know. I'll be forever in your debt.

12-13-2006, 09:29 PM
oh ok i was like what kind of sugery will you be back to training in a week???!?! but i guess that would be one- hope all goes well and get rid of all your problems

ddegroff
12-13-2006, 09:43 PM
That sounds brutal JBC. How long are you going to be under the knife?

Jordanbcool
12-13-2006, 09:55 PM
That sounds brutal JBC. How long are you going to be under the knife?

Depends it they have problems. It shouldnt be too long though.

The only reason I can't lift for atleast 10-14 days is because of how weak it will be. Like, If I tried to do the 20 squats I'm doing now....the pressure of straining could rupture a blood vessal which would not be good. My last surgery, my friend hit me in the nose (on accident) and it set me back an entire month.

Anyways. I was already going to take off this coming week anyways (I take off every 2 months) and with christmas also coming it wont be an inconvience really. I may be out for a few extra days but I plan to start lifting ASAP. I hate being idle.

O yea, the surgery is the 21st. So wish me luck that day.

EDIT: I plan to get 2 of my 3 workouts next week. My last workout will be the day before surgery so I'm making it count!

Sidior
12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Gl with the surgery bro, hopefully once you are done a good nights sleep will be yours.

Jordanbcool
12-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Gl with the surgery bro, hopefully once you are done a good nights sleep will be yours.

Ack I hope so! Actually.....it'll probably take my entire cut to fully heal but its all good. Better now then never. I'm actually pretty happy. I was on all kinds of allergy medicines and what not because my doctor thought it was allergies....turns out I'm not allergic to anything!

Thanks guys. I just wanted to clue you guys in, so you all know that I'm not ducking you when I'm not posting for a few days.

Back to business. Heres my workout :) Stump! Watch ooout.

Jordanbcool
12-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Tonight workout

Squats
245x18

DB bench
85x10
85x10

SLDL
245x15

Overhead press
125x10
125x10

Cable rows
180x15
180x10

DB pullovers
60x16

Comments
Squats- Don't know how I did it but I did!! For the record....I think I missed paralell on my last two reps....So I still got to be more diligent. But I was surprised...I thought I could get 10 when I first lifted it off, but I just took a few deep breaths and went deep.
DB bench- Got it :)
SLDL- Started seeing stars but its all good. I'm glad I workout at night. People think I'm crazy repping out 245 nonstop on SLDL.
Overhead press- I was sweating like mad...there were alot of hot girls there too and I smelled like old socks :(
Cable rows- Just totally ran out of steam on the second set. I hate that feeling....
DB pullovers- I think I can get 20 next time. Nothing more to say really, they'd be easier to do but I dont want to take away energy from the deads squats and rows.

All in all happy at most things. Unhappy at my energy bomb towards the end of my workout....But o well. Thats life. Can't always be good.

Happy right now.

12-13-2006, 10:16 PM
squats are kickin ass - gotta keep them parallel now so you can move up and keep them parellel!

ddegroff
12-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Killed it JBC!

Nice work, any girl worth dating will like you all sweaty after a workout :thumbup:.

I must have missed it in here or in one of your many other threads, but hows the hot girl treating you?

Jordanbcool
12-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Killed it JBC!

Nice work, any girl worth dating will like you all sweaty after a workout :thumbup:.

I must have missed it in here or in one of your many other threads, but hows the hot girl treating you?

Well I havent hung out with her yet but things have been getting a little better as things go on. We are calling eachother/talking more for one so everythings still up in the air....so far though its still looking good.

KevinStarke
12-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Awesome squats man, good luck with the laaaady.

Jordanbcool
12-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey guys.

I'm kinda lacking direction in what I'm going to do next month. I think you guys have seen/know that I really like to plan things out....I dont know if I should just start my cut a month early and get it over with or keep bulking for a month and gain five more pounds. All in all I'm really happy with my body except a few lagging parts. I'm dissapointed at my arms as my shoulders/chest totally overpower them. I also don't like my forearms, or calves and my traps are pathetic. I think my back and chest though are finally starting to catch up to my legs which makes me happy in that sense.

So if I were to cut, I'd just start my PSMF a month early and finish a month early. If I were to bulk, I'd keep doing the super-squat program (which I love) to get my strength and size that much higher with another month.

And....the rest of me can always be bigger so....eh. Any thoughts are welcomed.

EDIT: So far I've surpassed my strength goals and I've gained 15lbs of lard with about 35 pounds of muscle. A neat gain of almost 50lbs in 6 months.

Stumprrp
12-15-2006, 08:18 AM
excellent gains jordan, me personally i wouldnt do supersquats for more then 6 weeks as its way to intense! i say cut once you personally dont like your body.

Jordanbcool
12-15-2006, 05:32 PM
excellent gains jordan, me personally i wouldnt do supersquats for more then 6 weeks as its way to intense! i say cut once you personally dont like your body.

Yea....the reason I've been so indecisive is the way my bodyfat is carrying....yesterday I was told by a few of my family members that I looked thinner even though I've gained 2 pounds already. But today....I look much fatter....its weird. I think its my glygocen playing tricks on me. I usually look fatter if I havent eaten anything in a while.

EDIT: I guess thats because my muscles are tighter and fuller.....makes sense I guess. I'll probably stay undecided till the first week of janurary.

Stumprrp
12-15-2006, 05:47 PM
do what you gotta do, i know having a bloated stomach is ******edly gay

Jordanbcool
12-15-2006, 07:32 PM
do what you gotta do, i know having a bloated stomach is ******edly gay

Yup. I def. have a powerlifters stomach. I was looking at it today while squatting. I was like, "god you fat ****" lol. Its not obnoxious huge but its starting to get noticable even with a shirt.

Jordanbcool
12-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Two new things.

1) Surgery is being scheduled for Wednesday instead of Thursday, so unfortunately I will not be able to do more then one super squat workout next week :(

2) I've made the decision to cut and I want to stick with it. Janurary 2nd will be the start of my PSMF. I plan to follow that for 6 weeks, maintenance for two and then follow the UD2 diet for another 2 months or so. If I run into problems like my last cut, I'm giving myself an extra month of breathing room. My ultimate goal is to finally reach 9%. However, if I feel I'm to small or not lean enough I could cut down to anywhere from 7% (the leanest I'll ever go) or 11% (the highest I'll ever cut down to). I plan to be around 190ish depending on body fat % when I'm done.

I'll post Fridays workout when I find my journal in my messy car :D

P.S. Expect pics within a week. No un-shirted ones lol........But I'll have wife beater on so you guys get a good enough look.

Stumprrp
12-17-2006, 05:19 PM
jordan sounds cool dude, i hope to be ok at 190 also i know when i was 194 i still had a gut and fat and was around 17% but ive put around 20-25 lbs of muscle since then.

no man, take the god damn shirt off! do you want me to take a pic of me blowing out my stomach and my hairy ass to make u feel better? lol.

im sure u look fine.

12-17-2006, 05:29 PM
yea for real you can't take good comparasion shots with a shirt on

Sidior
12-17-2006, 07:52 PM
jordan sounds cool dude, i hope to be ok at 190 also i know when i was 194 i still had a gut and fat and was around 17% but ive put around 20-25 lbs of muscle since then.

no man, take the god damn shirt off! do you want me to take a pic of me blowing out my stomach and my hairy ass to make u feel better? lol.

im sure u look fine.

yea for real you can't take good comparasion shots with a shirt on

:withstupi s

I will boycott this journal again if you post pics asking for critiques with your shirt on.

Jordanbcool
12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
:withstupi s

I will boycott this journal again if you post pics asking for critiques with your shirt on.

Why sid. I didnt know you where that type of guy ;) Bohizzle always told me you had a thing for naked men :lurk:

Fine. Since stump already posted a shirtless pic of himself shaking his stomach I guess I can post my fat arse too. lol.

Stumprrp
12-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Damn Right Son!

WBBIRL
12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
I posted in all my glory (underwear) so you can deff lose the shirt lol.

Surgery sucks, they'd be strapping my ass down with big belts before I left any goofs in white coats hack me up.

Jordanbcool
12-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I posted in all my glory (underwear) so you can deff lose the shirt lol.

Surgery sucks, they'd be strapping my ass down with big belts before I left any goofs in white coats hack me up.

lol.

I really like the surgeon though. I don't blame him for the complications this time around. He knows what he's doing and so far he's been right on everything. He's very good at explaining things and he made me pretty comfortable with it. Plus, my last surgery I was talking to the surgeon when I woke up and it was done....it was actually pretty awkward. I woke up talking about what i did when I was knocked out.....an hour or so passed and my surgeon was like..."uhh what?".

I get to take some perc again. That stuff is great.

12-17-2006, 10:35 PM
:

Fine. Since stump already posted a shirtless pic of himself shaking his stomach I guess I can post my fat arse too. lol.

there ya go I posted my fluffy self aswell andif need be ill post more

Con
12-18-2006, 07:12 PM
umm, I think I read something wrong, ama try and find out what happened.

Jordanbcool
12-18-2006, 08:28 PM
umm, I think I read something wrong, ama try and find out what happened.

I sent you a PM. Sorry about my slow response....I totally forgot.

Sidior
12-18-2006, 10:35 PM
glad to hear all is well....now enjoy them drugs

Jordanbcool
12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
glad to hear all is well....now enjoy them drugs

surgery went very well. I can already breathe much better....

Stumprrp
12-20-2006, 05:14 PM
awesome get well bro

WBBIRL
12-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Glad to hear it, get healthy soon man

Jordanbcool
12-20-2006, 07:35 PM
I'll post some pics if I can.

It looks bad ass.....I got two bloody incisions under both eyes...its like rocky balboa style. My nose is also swollen and huge........I got some nice facial bruising as well. They really did a number on me.

The anesthesiologist was actually kinda cute...she was like 30 though.....and when they weighed my fat ass at 234 even....the nurse was shocked. Of course I had my boots on though...

"I understand you're very athletic"....why yes. Yes I am....lol.

ddegroff
12-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Glad to here it well big guy. **** 234 thats some good work. Whats your weight goal for your cut?

12-20-2006, 10:37 PM
glad to year sugery went well- hope you heal up real fast

KevinStarke
12-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Glad the surgery went well man, heal up quick.

Jordanbcool
12-21-2006, 05:30 AM
Glad to here it well big guy. **** 234 thats some good work. Whats your weight goal for your cut?

Probably around 190....maybe 195....Gotta see how I look. The lowest bodyfat I've ever gone down to was 13%. Thats the lowest I've gone my entire life and that was last years cut. I plan to get down to 9%.

Thanks kevin and 8.8. I took some nice post surgery pics and I'm gonna start doing some end bulk pics. I'll post them asap.

Jordanbcool
12-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Recovery isn't going as well as I had hoped.

The night after surgery I had laid on the right side of my face (I flop when I sleep). The next morning I woke up and the eye had tripled its size and is now filled with fluid and pus. They put me on an antibiotic and I'm sleeping probably 14-16 hours a day....Its pretty frustrating because I'll probably be out completely till January 2nd if not later.....I wont be able to work or do anything until the swelling goes down...eh. I just really wanna get back in that gym.

I'll keep you guys posted. Wish me luck.

Stumprrp
12-23-2006, 04:37 PM
that sucks man good luck let it heel

Bob
12-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Sorry about the complications Jordan... that sucks..
well maybe all that sleep you are getting on the drugs is helping to recover some of that lost sleep over the last few years..

good luck with the recovery dude... we'll keep you in our thoughts..

Merry Christmas..

HeavyBomber
12-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Squats
245x18

SLDL
245x15

Great effort. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Jordanbcool
12-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Sorry about the complications Jordan... that sucks..
well maybe all that sleep you are getting on the drugs is helping to recover some of that lost sleep over the last few years..

good luck with the recovery dude... we'll keep you in our thoughts..

Merry Christmas..

Thanks. I should be fine, I'm not worried about healing...I'm worried how long its gonna take. I wanna get back in that gym ASAP.

-Heavy

Thanks man. You're huge, my inspiration :)

WBBIRL
12-24-2006, 04:44 AM
Heal up brother, your a smart guy and you know you have to be smart about this.

Don't take a step forward and end up two backwards.

Jordanbcool
12-25-2006, 08:52 PM
So...healing has been going so, so. The actual incisions after being extremely infected have died down today. This is all thanks due to the powerful antibiotics I've been on. I've also had to drain them, none stop all today (which is very gross BTW). The bruising has also gone down considerably. However, my entire nose, upper lip and the surrounding area is completely numb and unresponsive. My dad thinks its normal, so I'm going to call up the hospital tomorrow and ask them if I should be worried or not. Other then that, I got some nice scars and I will post some pictures within a day or so.

I got a digital camera, and a ton of other nice gifts this year......my pictures should be more frequent and be up sooner then in the past.

Stumprrp
12-25-2006, 09:04 PM
cool jordan glad to hear you healing up good but watch out with that numbing. get some pics up man! not of the injury but the muscles! lol.

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Heres some pre-cut pictures.

Here are the leggies

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Here are the upper body pictures.

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Some pre-bulk pics.

Man I was scrawny lol

Stumprrp
12-28-2006, 07:41 PM
you deffinatly put on alot of weight bro, look huge in that polo, calves look excellent, re do that lat spread how i said though

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 07:42 PM
you deffinatly put on alot of weight bro, look huge in that polo, calves look excellent, re do that lat spread how i said though

Yup! Close to 50 pounds.....

I know...I stink at poses :( lol

Built
12-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Holy CRAP! Did your chest and back ever GROW!

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Holy CRAP! Did your chest and back ever GROW!

All thanks to you my lovely lady. Baby got back really worked for me.

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Again....I'll throw out some stats before the cut. Next posts you'll see will probably be a totally new workout and a fitday linky.

Stats
Weight- 227-230 pounds
Height- 5"8
Bodyfat- 23%
Waist- 39
Right arm- 17
Left arm- 16
Thighs- 28
Calves- 17
Chest- 45
Neck- 16

Personal bests
Dead lift- 425x1
Squat- 335x1
Leg press- 600x3
DB Bench- Two 100 poundersx3

Cutting goals
1.Maintain strength while cutting
2.Lean down to the 8% range.
3.Run a mile in 8 minutes
4.Complete 8 pull-ups unassisted
5.Weigh around 190 pounds.
6.Evaluate physique after cut is complete. Find out what needs to be worked on.

I'll be using a PSMF for the first two months and then switching to the UD2 diet after that. I've left myself an extra month if I run into problems. This time I'm reaching my goal weight.

Supplements- Nitor, Nitrean, Multi's, and Creatine

Sidior
12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Huge gains man. Back has got way bigger! You will look great after the cut.

Unholy
12-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Youve gotten alot bigger cant wait to see pics in 5 months mate!

Jordanbcool
12-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Heres a much better lat spread guys. Sorry about the crap one earlier.

And also, a better front double bi.

Sidior
12-30-2006, 12:59 AM
dude your lat spread still blows!!!

Do they same thing you are doing there but dig your thumbs into your hips and lean back more. You have the elbows hugging the tree down pat though. You can tell you have good back thickness and width, now sort out the pose to show it off!

Oh ya Im two days into cutting and I already hate it lol.

Stumprrp
12-30-2006, 08:34 AM

in 4 in and staying strong, dude heres the key, BIG salads with tuna or eggs, lots of cottege cheese, and lots of nuts and peanut butter. not testicals dont get excited, nuts.

Sidior
12-30-2006, 12:37 PM
in 4 in and staying strong, dude heres the key, BIG salads with tuna or eggs, lots of cottege cheese, and lots of nuts and peanut butter. not testicals dont get excited, nuts.

haha I know the drill. I have cut before, doesnt mean it is ever as much fun as bulking though.

Jordanbcool
12-30-2006, 02:43 PM
There sid! :)

Jordanbcool
12-30-2006, 02:53 PM
dude your lat spread still blows!!!

Do they same thing you are doing there but dig your thumbs into your hips and lean back more. You have the elbows hugging the tree down pat though. You can tell you have good back thickness and width, now sort out the pose to show it off!

hahaha...sucks to be you!

Wait.....I start cutting in 2 days :cry:

WBBIRL
12-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I suck at posing too bro, don't sweat it.

Cutting isn't so bad, after a week or so in.

Jordanbcool
01-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Today is the first day of my cut. So far...its ok...doesnt suck too bad but tomarrow it'll really hit me for sure. Can't weight lift today (gym closed) so tomarrow I'll start working out again.

Diet
4 can's of tuna
3 egg whites
1 egg
2 scoops nitrean
Some veggies
A lot of water

Total= 1107 calories
Protein= 233g
Fat= 12g
Carb= 4g

tomorrow diet will probably be exactly the same....I'll also be following a more traditional split 3 days a week. First day is chest/back, second is legs, and third is everything else.

Anyways good luck with your diets everyone. I know I'm not alone.

EDIT: My starting weight is 229 officially. My goal weight is 193 pounds. I plan to be around 8ish but it all depends how I look once I get under 12%. According to fitday I have about 36 pounds to lose and to reach it I'll have to lose around 2lbs a week. I should finish this cut by May then its clean bulking from then on.

Stumprrp
01-01-2007, 12:08 PM
good luck man that diet is brutal as hell, im also aiming for 1.5-2 lbs a week, anthony disagrees but i read some articles by doctors and its ok.

Jordanbcool
01-01-2007, 01:56 PM
good luck man that diet is brutal as hell, im also aiming for 1.5-2 lbs a week, anthony disagrees but i read some articles by doctors and its ok.

Typically most members on this board advise against more then 1lb a week. This doesn't mean that you can't lose more then that safely though...I will probably end up losing 2-3lbs a week safely on this PSMF just the way its set up....They have the best intentions though. Most of the time if you do lose more then 1lb a week you lose alot of muscle but if you do it right you wont.

Unholy
01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
this is good. Now im not the only one cutting anymore. Good motivation when a bunch of us are doing it together. I wish you the best of luck on your cut, it can be brutal.

Jordanbcool
01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
this is good. Now im not the only one cutting anymore. Good motivation when a bunch of us are doing it together. I wish you the best of luck on your cut, it can be brutal.

Same to you man. Cutting usually gets much easier after the first week.....right now though it really sucks. I'm starving....

Unholy
01-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Ive been at it 4 months now and believe me its still tough. plateau's suck, Lifting depleted sucks too.

I did PSMF as well and let me tell you that doing a traditional caloric deficit is much easier. PSMF is great if you are in a serious hurry to lose weight but how you feel at the gym is terrible =/

UD 2.0 on the other hand is amazing once you get to 15% BF.

Jordanbcool
01-02-2007, 03:28 PM
wow guys....i feel terrible haha.

I'm going on 954 calories today. 5 cans of tuna and some water are all I'm allowed :(

Maybe a couple sips of Gatorade before my workout...but if I don't take some supplements or get some damned sleep my workout is gonna be laaame. I'll update this around 9 or 10.

Stumprrp
01-02-2007, 03:37 PM
be careful with this, load up on saturday?

Jordanbcool
01-02-2007, 03:55 PM
be careful with this, load up on saturday?

I get a free meal and a short refeed each week because of my bodyfat levels....

I'm sticking it out today and probably my next workout too. Then I'll have a free meal and I'm going to my grandfathers this weekend so I should eat more normally for at least a day. I'm counting that as my refeed.

Don't worry stump, I've done this psmf thing countless times...Its hard but I'm def. exaggerating a little. I'm really not worried about muscle loss yet. I'm too fat. I think I'll start to worry more once I drop 20lbs or so. As long as my protein is high and workouts are pretty intense anything lost should easily be gained on my weekly refeeds.

Unholy
01-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Not bad dude. keep at it.

ddegroff
01-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Man your crazy, i like you but your crazy. LOL

How long are you doing psmf for?

Jordanbcool
01-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Man your crazy, i like you but your crazy. LOL

How long are you doing psmf for?

6 weeks tops. At least without eating normally for a week or two. I'm going to cut down to around 12% with my psmf and then switch to the UD2 diet after that. Anything under 12% with a psmf is just asking for muscle loss.

Stumprrp
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
you think you can hit 12% in 6 weeks?

Jordanbcool
01-02-2007, 08:47 PM
you think you can hit 12% in 6 weeks?

Not sure. I've done this stuff before but never to this low a bodyfat.

Again, the lowest bodyfat I've ever achieved in my entire life was 14%.

I'm sure it will take much longer, even on a psmf to reach 12%.

Jordanbcool
01-02-2007, 09:06 PM
So guys...I had a sick workout tonight. I'm totally....and I mean totally exhausted from it. It was good in that I lifted some serious weights, regardless of the calorie deficit. I'm guessing its the NITOR I took before my workout. You're only supposed to take one every few hours....I took two at the same time. I was shaking even after my workout but half an hour later I had a total energy crash.

Anyways, I'm way to tired/lazy to grab my journal. I will post the numbers tomorrow morning. Good night all.

01-03-2007, 11:05 PM
beverly international glutamine i lived by on my cut - good for recovery and helps with craviings to - glad your deit is goin well- keep at it

Unholy
01-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Wheres that workout slacker!

Sidior
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
So guys...I had a sick workout tonight. I'm totally....and I mean totally exhausted from it. It was good in that I lifted some serious weights, regardless of the calorie deficit. I'm guessing its the NITOR I took before my workout. You're only supposed to take one every few hours....I took two at the same time. I was shaking even after my workout but half an hour later I had a total energy crash.

Anyways, I'm way to tired/lazy to grab my journal. I will post the numbers tomorrow morning. Good night all.

I was under the impression there was a particular way to train to take advantage of a PSMF. Maybe it is UD 2.0. Seems the cut is going well for you so far, but be smart about it bro...after your finish the PSMF, are you just going to go to a regular calorie deficit until you hit 12% then UD 2.0?

Jordanbcool
01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I was under the impression there was a particular way to train to take advantage of a PSMF. Maybe it is UD 2.0. Seems the cut is going well for you so far, but be smart about it bro...after your finish the PSMF, are you just going to go to a regular calorie deficit until you hit 12% then UD 2.0?

You're right. I should be following a full body split. But, I'm trying something different that was suggested by another forum member who followed a different training split with success.

UD2 though can't really be followed with anything else but a full body split because of partitioning and what not.

Um. I don't know what I'll do but that is def. an idea. Today, the PSMF has been treating me much better then normally. It really depends on how I look at the end of this month.

Jordanbcool
01-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Ok guys here are Tuesdays workout and Wednesday's.

Tuesdays workout--Shoulders/arms

BB shoulder press
115x5
135x5
145x5
155x4
155x2

DB alternating Arnold press
50x5
50x5
50x5

DB curls
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5

Tricep pull downs
140x5
140x5
160x5
160x5

Decline sit ups
1x20
1x15

Comments

I felt I had a great really hard workout today. I did alot more weight on every excersize then normally. It was also pretty intense...I can't remember the last time I did that much on shoulder press, or tricep pull downs. Anyways, I was extremely pleased and happy. I think it was the nitor I took.

Wednesdays workout--Legs

Squats
245x3
275x2
315x1

SLDL
275x5
295x5
295x5

Calf raises
135x6
135x6
135x6

Leg press
360x5
450x5
450x5

Comments

Terrible workout....Just absolute garbage. My squatting was terrible and my overall energy was totally gone. My only guess for this is that I did the workouts back to back....which is a huge mistake on a PSMF. I really should have paid attention more. I can't train back to back like that.

DIET

So, my diet has been pretty standard and plain. Its usually just been skinless chicken breasts (99% fat free), tuna cans, egg whites, nitrean and very lean steak. Today though, I had a "free meal" with some friends. I had a large cheeseburger, some fries and a soda. Not bad I think. I worked it out on fitday and I'm still under maintanence for the day. It was damned good lol. I also did a good 2-mile jog today. It reminded me how horribly obese I am haha...I'm so out of shape.

Welp I'm gonna go eat some chicken breasts and diet soda :)

Stumprrp
01-04-2007, 05:15 PM
good deal bro, doing good

ddegroff
01-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Mmmmm cheese burger!

Nice work buddy keep it up.

Sidior
01-04-2007, 05:25 PM
strong past few sessions, especially considering no carbs

Unholy
01-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Keep it up man, you are doing very well!

WBBIRL
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Keep at it bro, diets suck big time and its sooo easy to give. Stay strong!

Jordanbcool
01-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. It makes things alot easier.

Jordanbcool
01-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Updated pics after only.....what 6 days? :)

This is why I love psmf. I do it for motivation mostly. It would take me twice as long on a more moderate diet. I can already start seeing more definition in the middle of my back. Without motivation I usually break down and pig out. Tracking calories is so much easier since you can only have very few things....like that burger you thought had 500 calories really has 900...etc. Its not like that with chicken and water lol. Those are pretty much the same reasons.

The downside is that workouts suffer the most. But I think once, I get more sleep it will get much better. I'm pretty exhausted right now and I've been drinking with my friend (who's leaving soon) almost every night.

Unholy
01-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Take a Back Double Bi and a front Double Bi if you can. They show progress a lot more then half a lat spread =P

Jordanbcool
01-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Take a Back Double Bi and a front Double Bi if you can. They show progress a lot more then half a lat spread =P

lol. My arms are pathetic.........they are downright sad without the glycogen :(

Jordanbcool
01-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Heres my diet for today. I decided to use my free meal early.

1836- Calories
28g- Fat
174g- Carbs
223g- Protein

1.5 cups whole wheat pasta
3 cookies
1 cup 1% milk
a banana
3 cans of tuna
6 egg whites
2 scoops nitrean

Thats pretty much it. I'm working out later tonight and hopefully it'll be alot better then usual.

Also, last workout (Friday) went bad so I wont post it. I started strong then burnt out. I tried two 105's but I couldn't get em up. I'm trying again this week...maybe even tonight.

Unholy
01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Good job on the diet. That cheat meal wast bad at all!

ddegroff
01-09-2007, 12:42 AM
How much weight have you lose thus far?

Jordanbcool
01-09-2007, 09:27 AM
How much weight have you lose thus far?

13lbs. Which seems about right with my calculations. My deficit is HUGE. So large, that I should be losing about 4lbs of fat. I'm budgeting about 3 though for metabolism slowdown and some other factors. The fist 18lbs of fat to lose should be really easy........its going to take 4 more months to lose all the rest (the lower bodyfat you go the harder it is).

Ack. But o well. Lesson learned. Next bulk will be clean. Mark my words.

EDIT: I should be close to 15% within only a few weeks.

Stumprrp
01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
how much is the waist down?

ddegroff
01-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Ack. But o well. Lesson learned. Next bulk will be clean. Mark my words.

Thats exactly what I don't want to be saying in a couple of months. It seems your on track to lose the extra bf tho.

Jordanbcool
01-09-2007, 11:04 AM
how much is the waist down?

I think its down an inch. But don't quote me lol. I measured 39" just now when it usually reads like 41 but then again I could always fit into 38" pants.

Now I can fit into 36" pants although they are uncomfortable with my big ass and thighs.

I've lost the most in my face. Many people have noticed that.

Unholy
01-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Thats really good Jordan. Big grats on the weight loss. I have a 43.5" waist and I can wear 38 and 40 pants comfortably. Pants = hip size rather then waist size i think. You going for UD2.0 after the PSMF right?

Jordanbcool
01-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Thats really good Jordan. Big grats on the weight loss. I have a 43.5" waist and I can wear 38 and 40 pants comfortably. Pants = hip size rather then waist size i think. You going for UD2.0 after the PSMF right?

I think so but I'm not sure yet. I've been debating if I should just psmf with breaks the whole diet or split it up between psmf and UD2. If I did a psmf the whole way through it would save me 3 weeks or so....meh. Still haven't decided.

Stumprrp
01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
nice yeah on the pants im down to a 35 navel 38 hips and i wear 36 jeans fairly snug, but i dont wear jeans unless its a special occasion LOL!

Sidior
01-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Holy ****, weight seems to be flying off man. Nice job sticking with the PSMF thus far. You have a couple more months to work on that lat spread though before you post end of cut pics ;)

Jordanbcool
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
O yea and I havent been posting workouts. Heres last night.

Shoulders/Arms

Standing military
115x5
115x5
115x5

Dips (BW)
5x5

Low cable pulley curls
120x5
120x5
120x5

DB shoulder press
50x5
50x5
55x5
55x5

DB shrugs
105x6
105x6
105x6

Short and sweet guys. Wasn't an amazing workout or anything to really brag about....but it was an improvement from last week's flatness. We'll see how tomorrow's leg workout goes. Tonight is some light cardio :D

Stumprrp
01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
nice workout jordan

Jordanbcool
01-09-2007, 03:43 PM
nice workout jordan

psh. Nothing compared to your 1000+ pound leg press. You're strong!

Big Bobby Badd: i might have to do somehting about my ass
Big Bobby Badd: its obsurd
KIBUCS: thats sick
Big Bobby Badd: ...and the asscrack
Big Bobby Badd: OMG

*vomits all over the place* rofl

Can'tstopnow
01-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Sounds like the cut is going good, glad to hear(read). Keep up the hard work.

Unholy
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
psh. Nothing compared to your 1000+ pound leg press. You're strong!

Big Bobby Badd: i might have to do somehting about my ass
Big Bobby Badd: its obsurd
KIBUCS: thats sick
Big Bobby Badd: ...and the asscrack
Big Bobby Badd: OMG

*vomits all over the place* rofl

ROFL

Jordanbcool
01-09-2007, 05:17 PM
blumpkin king ^^

Unholy
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Good work tonight for being depleted.

01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
13 pounds in 6 days wow - nice work

Coke
01-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Good effort JBC, keep on it man.

Jordanbcool
01-10-2007, 02:00 PM
13 pounds in 6 days wow - nice work

Man do I wish it was all fat. That'd be cool. I'd be done cutting in like 3 weeks :)

EDIT: Look for a strong leg workout tonight. Hopefully I can break a squat or dead PR.

Unholy
01-10-2007, 02:05 PM
You better foo.

Sidior
01-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Where is it?

Unholy
01-10-2007, 09:43 PM
:hide:

Jordanbcool
01-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Heres a chest/back workout instead.

Chest/back

DB bench
80x5
90x3
100x2

Bent rows
185x5
185x5
185x5
185x5
185x4

Incline DB bench
70x5
75x5
80x5

Lat pull downs
140x5
140x5
160x4
160x4

Weighted crunches
BW+70x6
BW+70x6
BW+70x6

All in all I was happy with my workout. I felt it was good and hard although I didn't break any PR's. Bent rows was also kinda lame but o well. I didnt think I could get that high on incline or pull downs so that was good.

Decided to have a reefed today.

2 cups rice
1 bagel
4 cups 1% milk
a medium soda
Some spaghetti

Doesn't sound like much but from a PSMF standpoint it was a TON. :D

Calories= 2651
Fat= 46g
Carbs= 308g
Protein= 246

Unholy
01-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Nice work. Strong session for sure. Hope you enjoyed your refeed homes.

ddegroff
01-12-2007, 09:12 AM
So now that your lighter, when are we gonna see some chins? lol

Strong work JBC!

Jordanbcool
01-12-2007, 03:08 PM
So now that your lighter, when are we gonna see some chins? lol

Strong work JBC!

Psh. I'm still stuck on assisted chins but its getting there! :D

ddegroff
01-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Keep working at it, you'll get 'em.

01-14-2007, 10:39 PM
hows the cut goin???

Unholy
01-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Hes pwnin teH fat.

Jordanbcool
01-15-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm down to a depleted 215. So.....15lbs lost so far. :P

I'll let you know some other things later. I gotta go a see off my friend he's leaving soon :(

Jordanbcool
01-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Heres yesterdays workout guys.

Shoulders/Arms

Military press
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5

DB curls
50x5
50x5
60x5
60x5

DB arm raises
35x5
35x5
35x5

Tricep pulldowns
140x5
150x5
150x5
150x5
160x5

Situps
3x12

Nothing out of the ordinary. I felt it was a good workout. Tonight I'll do legs or some cardio. Not sure yet. I've also already used up my free meal/short carb up for social reasons. I'm ok though, I can make it till next week.

UPDATE

Diets been going smoothly. I've fully adjusted to eating around 1k-1200 calories daily. Instead of hunger my body just shuts up and starts chomping on itself. I've already lost alot in my face. I'm not worried about muscle loss at the moment. My lifts aren't extraordinary but they aren't really bad. At least with the amount of carbs and calories I'm taking. I should continue this dieting until the middle of February. Then its the long awaited carb up and maintanence for the remainder of the month. Estimated fat loss is about 5lbs.

WBBIRL
01-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Hes pwnin teH fat.

TH4T's trademark3D!!!!!!!!!! :ninja:

Good work man, PSMF sounds rough lol. I hate trying to lift heavy on a slight cut, so this must be brutal.

Jordanbcool
01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
As long as I keep it low volume I can grind through it. I also take quite a bit of stimulants 10 minutes before my workouts.

Gives me that extra kick in the ass.

Stumprrp
01-16-2007, 12:47 PM
great job on the arm work jordan

ddegroff
01-16-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm impressed with the dedication!

So how many "friend" threads are we going to see now? LOL

I hope you and your friend figured things out before he left.

Jordanbcool
01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm impressed with the dedication!

So how many "friend" threads are we going to see now? LOL

I hope you and your friend figured things out before he left.

Yea. We did. Hopefully he'll grow up a little more while he's gone...but we are still both really good friends.

ddegroff
01-16-2007, 02:02 PM
^good, isn't he going to the military? That will whip him into shape forsure.

KevinStarke
01-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Strong MP's man, good lookin sessions.

Jordanbcool
01-16-2007, 02:34 PM
^good, isn't he going to the military? That will whip him into shape forsure.

yea. Hopefully he'll learn some self control.

ddegroff
01-16-2007, 02:44 PM
yea. Hopefully he'll learn some self control.

If he doesn't then he have a looong boot camp. What branch of the military?

Jordanbcool
01-16-2007, 02:48 PM
If he doesn't then he have a looong boot camp. What branch of the military?

Marines. He's already been through boot camp. It really didn't change him at all....he's still the same person as he was when he went in. I guess it changes some people and others it doesn't. He said the only real thing it changed was that he stopped talking to people who "didn't matter" when he came back. I guess he meant he stopped trying to please others who he didn't really like or respect.

Now he's going to a base in Florida till mid July. Hes an all around good kid but sometimes when he drinks too much he gets out of control. I'm guessing when he gets beat down once he'll learn his lesson. Our group of friends are way to nice to smack him when he needs it. I knocked him on his ass once and felt so bad about it for a while...

ddegroff
01-16-2007, 03:00 PM
He's gonna talk **** to some SF guy and get pwnd.

Man all that drinking he did is gonna bite him in the butt once he gets back to running every day.

Jordanbcool
01-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Chest/back

DB bench
85x5
85x5
90x5
90x5

One-arm DB rows
100x5
100x5
100x5
105x5
105x5

Dips (BW)
2x10

Assisted chins
3x5

DB Shrugs
105x6
105x6
105x6
105x6

Comments

I felt this was another good workout. I was surprised I got to throw around the 95 pounders...and the rest of my workout was very challenging. The dips could have gone heavier but they were still tired from yesterdays tricep work. I've gained some strength in the assisted chin-ups/pull-ups so I was also very happy with that.

Stumprrp
01-16-2007, 08:21 PM
very solid workout indeed

ddegroff
01-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Strong work big guy!

Coke
01-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Nice way to work the chest and back dude.

WBBIRL
01-17-2007, 10:54 AM
jerk, way to show me up on PSMF... just messin man. Seriously though thats some damn strong work for being on that big of a deficit

Jordanbcool
01-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey guys. I'm debating on what I should do now. I had planned to follow the diet until mid-February but I could just as easily bump it up to the end of this month. It won't affect my diet in any negative way. I have to take a break from dieting after a certain time frame to stop metabolic slowdown and muscle loss. The book says I can either choose to do this 4 or 6 weeks into the first phase of the diet.

I also asked relentless. I'm curious to see what he says.

Jordanbcool
01-17-2007, 10:56 AM
O yea and thanks for all the support guys. It helps to read some of the encouraging comments when I have to sit here and chomp on carrots/chicken/water for lunch :mad:

Stumprrp
01-17-2007, 11:01 AM
have diet soda instead man you will get full, but i feel you i had 3 hard boiled eggs and a can of tuna for lunch lol, breakfast was protien in water and 2tbps PB, 8oz skim milk. not that bad i guess