PDA

View Full Version : Food label on raw foods

Prelude
02-11-2002, 11:37 AM
I bought some packaged ground beef patties yesterday and the fat content per piece was 16g. I would imagine that the 16g is for the raw beef, or is it? If I cook it in my george foreman and drain much of the fat and juice, then the fat would definitely be less, right?

Thanks for any input.

Tryska
02-11-2002, 11:40 AM
yes. the value is for the food uncooked, unless the label says "nutrtional value - cooked"

Shocker
02-12-2002, 06:54 PM
so how do you calculate the fat content of what you actually eat in the end??? - Just take a guess I suppose.

How much fat do you suppose would be lost from a grill exactly ?

Nights
02-12-2002, 11:40 PM
Use those nutritional webpages.. the ones that give you the food type, different options for how it was cooked, and then an estimate on the breakdown per ounce or whatever.. It's still a guess, but those scientists are normally a little close then our "Yeah, that looks like about 3g of fat that just dripped off."

-- I'd give you a site to do all that (I use the cross trainer program), but I don't know any. I'm sure someone does.

Shocker
02-13-2002, 12:06 AM
I found an OK one the other day at www.fitday.com if you want to check it out. Looked comprehensive enough. Anyone know any others?