PDA

View Full Version : New guitar video

BFGUITAR
01-05-2007, 12:10 PM
If your in the mood to dance to renaissance music, or just enjoy the style check this out I just recorded yesterday.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b4rnYx-4IdM

McVein
01-05-2007, 12:16 PM
thats class mat, wish i could play an instrument

Detard
01-05-2007, 12:51 PM
wow dude really nice work! that was wicked

whiteman90909
01-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Nice man. I can play Guitar Hero... on easy... kinda.

I guess thats not really the same though.:cool:

Unholy
01-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Holy crap you are good, i checked out your other videos as well, really impressive!

Majestic
01-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Nice work, bud. Honestly.

No go play some ZZ Top or Van Halen! :alcoholic

BFGUITAR
01-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys. While you guys were squatting and deadlifting at 16 I was playing guitar getting riffs down and improving my technique.
And majestic im more of a Floyd, Hendrix, SRV fan but i had my go at Malmsteen and Halen.

Im actually in a Floyd cover band :)

Majestic
01-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Although I wouldn't put Malmsteen & Van Halen anywhere NEAR each other, I can see where you're coming from.

Can't be much more musical than Pink Floyd. Damn that David Gilmour.....Damn him all to Hell!! :alcoholic

Clifford Gillmore
01-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Big props. I'm sucky at teh guitar compared to every damn kid that has played for more than six months, and I've been playing for 7 years now lol.

Roark
01-06-2007, 06:07 PM
very nice man

BFGUITAR
01-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I wouldnt group Halen and Malmsteen in the same group either but theyre both the same in terms of how they portray themselves. They both rely on their speed and flashyness to impress others.

If you want to get better at guitar its very simple, get a teacher. Unlike bodybuilding where you can get ripped from a site like this with relatively no first hand help, guitar is alot different.

Clifford Gillmore
01-06-2007, 06:36 PM
If you want to get better at guitar its very simple, get a teacher. Unlike bodybuilding where you can get ripped from a site like this with relatively no first hand help, guitar is alot different.

For classical, I'll completely agree. For theory, technique, writing, composition, I'll completely disagree.

Majestic
01-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I wouldnt group Halen and Malmsteen in the same group either but theyre both the same in terms of how they portray themselves. They both rely on their speed and flashyness to impress others.

Yes, that's how Eddie Van Halen became huge....by being flashy and speedy.

Wait.....no......it's not! :confused:

It's by writing catchy tunes that won't ever die!

You don't sell 10 million+ albums two separate times in TWO different eras by just being "flashy & speedy". That isn't how music works.

Maybe YOU were impressed by his "flash", but that's not why millions of people attended their tours & bought their albums. Most people could give a ***** about musicianship.

Otherwise, Michael Angelo and Marcus Paus would be selling out arenas.

BFGUITAR
01-06-2007, 08:02 PM
What seperated Halen is he did it in a way so many people could like it. I would put him in the rock category but technique wise he similair to a shredder. No doubt, his music is amazing and his technique is great but he is a flashy STYLISH player.

BFGUITAR
01-06-2007, 08:03 PM
For classical, I'll completely agree. For theory, technique, writing, composition, I'll completely disagree.

Heh thats why I said playing guitar and not learn music :p

VikingWarlord
01-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Heh thats why I said playing guitar and not learn music :p

Great job. Makes me remember that I need to find a teacher to help me clean up my ****ty technique.

Organichu
01-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Nicely done. Haven't played classical in years.