PDA

View Full Version : Revised Cutting Diet

TreeTrunks
02-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Ok after collecting info. from you guys on my cutting diet I have revised it. I have enclosed a more detailed version of it. Again let me know what yall think.

Total calories-2505
Carbs-231g
Protein-262g
Fat-51.5g

Help and comments are wanted!

TreeTrunks
02-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Ok heres the detailed diet. Sorry.

CBates
02-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Diet looks pretty good to me, only thing I'd might suggest is don't take in so much protein shakes and more real food. Also are you taking a post workout shake? That would be the time to take the whey protein, and take it with water and not milk. One more thing, is you may want to replace a serving of peanut butter with flaxseed oil.

TreeTrunks
02-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Yeah sorry meal 4, i think, is my postworkt out meal. When I get the chance to get some flax I will replace it, but right now i don't have the money for flax, but I do need some flax or fish oil.

My other protein shake is in the morning and its just a quick way to get protein before I head out to school. I try to get the most sleep I can a night. Thanks for the info!

Pup
02-14-2002, 01:59 PM
You are only taking in fat as ~18% of your calories, i'd say drop the carbs a bit and up that fat ratio to about 25%

gino
02-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Here we go again... He thinks fat makes you fat so I don't think that's an option.

Note: fat does not make you fat, excess calories do

TreeTrunks
02-14-2002, 02:13 PM
Jesus I haven't calculated the ratios yet. Lets not go on a lynching spree now.

Pup
02-14-2002, 03:29 PM
You won't be lynched, just add some more fat to that diet, damn suzan powter wannabes tuttut

Mr.Buttcheeks
02-14-2002, 04:13 PM
up the protien alot down the carbs alot up the fat slightly

TreeTrunks
02-14-2002, 07:10 PM
I want to keep my protein 1:1. As soon as I can get some flax or fish oil I'll up the fat some. Gyno Rhino told me to bump the carbs to 250 and protein to 250. Does that sound good?

mr_hand
02-15-2002, 09:04 AM
Hey Tree Trunks. I believe you are close in weight to me, Im 240+ and it looks like we are both going on a cutting diet. From talking with the fellas, it looks like I am gonna try a 50/30/20 ratio(pro/carb/fat). I know its gonna be a shitload of protein, but I figure after the 1st week, if I mind out that I have a problem eating all that protein, cuz were talking around 375 grams, then I'll just lower the pro, and up the fat. You might wanna check that kinda diet out. Im gonna try it. Wow, I think Im actually starting to learn something on here.

=w=
02-15-2002, 01:38 PM
From the looks of your peanut butter it seems like you are using the reduced fat kind. I would cut that (they just lower the fat and add carbs) and stick to natural peanut butter or at least regular.

Mr.Buttcheeks
02-15-2002, 03:54 PM
you got toooo many dang carbs. and not enuf protien im about your size i was 250 and now alot more cut at 240 now with no loss in muscle. your diet sucks in my opinion u got too many starchy carbs im shure you will be back in here with another cutting diet in a few weeks because this will not work. good luck anyways bro

TreeTrunks
02-15-2002, 08:05 PM
Buttcheeks, well you don't know everything.

Bump.

ElPietro
02-15-2002, 10:43 PM
Trunks it looks pretty good in my opinion. My 2500 cal diet had about 85g of fat in it, I think you should aim higher for fat, which I think you are trying to do in any case. Just thought I'd trump in on that point again.

One point though...and others please correct me if I'm wrong, but why would you put fat in your post workout meal? Isn't that the one KEY time that you don't want fat when cutting? With carbs in post workout and the potential insulin response won't this make fat consumed go right to fat storage cells? Just curious as that's what I've always thought...

TreeTrunks
02-16-2002, 09:45 AM
I have no clue if your suppose to cut fat post workout. I know your suppose to have mucho carbs. Never heard about the fat thing, I'll research it. Good point el pietro, never thought about the importance of fat in post workout meals.

nejar462
02-16-2002, 03:12 PM
What ratio should i use if im very active cardiovascularity wise, and lift for plifting, i don't need diet changes, i just lift to increase my big three.