PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my diet! Kick my A$$!

Junior
02-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Here is what I am doing please give me any advice. I started lifting weight and doing cardio 43 days ago. I weight train 3 days a week, and try and do cardio nearly every day. I weighed about 175-180 and now am almost down to 160 (abs are almost there) at 5’ 10” tall. I want to lose 5-10 more get abs for the summer sure I will look really small but I would rather look that way then puffy. As soon as winter hits I will “Train to Gain”.

OK here is my diet.

Breakfast:

7:20 AM
Protein Shake: 1 scoop of optimum, 1 cup of milk, 2 ice cubes and a banana (banana every second day)

10:30
MLO Bio 32 Protein Bar (32 Grams protein, 12carbs, 9 fat, 300 calories and some glycerin)

Lunch:

12:00
1.5 Chicken Breast and few noodles, veggies or pork and beans

2:30
Same as 12:00 or else another protein bar

4:00
Chicken or protein shake.

6:00
Chicken and veggies

8:00
Snack (rice cake with peanut butter, or a shake)

I drink 2.5 to 4 liters of water a day and about 5cans of diet coke (those damn sugar cravings) before dieting I used to dream of a steak or chicken breast now all I want is 50 peanut butter sandwiches lol.

Let me know what you think as you can see it is very low carbs, and very low fat.

I am pretty good and rarely cheat although I ended up eating a full bag of liquorish the other day L (1000 calories of carbs and sugar) I kept two pieces and put them on my computer so every time I get a craving I will think about my terrible, terrible actions the other day.

Oh yes I replace a chicken meal with eggs and ham bacon often (1 yolk three whites and 5 pieces of ham bacon which has 22 grams of protein, 2.2carbs, and 2.2 fat)

I am also taking 6 Hydroxycut a day (half the recommended dosage, if you dont know hydroxy is basically an ECA)

Thanks for you help.

Slim Schaedle
02-15-2002, 11:53 PM
5cans of diet coke (those damn sugar cravings
diet coke does not have sugar in it

every time I get a craving I will think about my terrible, terrible actions the other day
occasional cheat days are good for you

Junior
02-16-2002, 06:37 AM
I know diet coke does not have sugar in it, but the sweet taste makes me feel a little better. And i dont want t odring 5 cans of real coke.

Anyone else? How is my diet?

Hunt
02-16-2002, 07:27 AM
Junior:

Are you taking multivitamins (I did not see them in your list)? Since your diet is pretty low on servings of fruits and vegetables (which is tough for most diets like this to get them because of the carbs) it would be good to take more vitamins and minerals in to try and get enough to complement the bioavailable counterparts in fruits and vegetables.

The next comment I would make is that you might choose to raise your fat % of total calories a little bit and lower the carb %. This will assist your body in "learning" to use the fat as the primary energy source and then will force it to catabolize your fat reserves (this is what I am doing as well).

When are you doing your cardio? And when are you lifting (between which meals)? This is important for various reasons.

As far as the Diet Cokes go - it is fine from a carb standpoint, but from the standpoint of caffeine, it is probably not a great idea to take so much. Try weaning yourself back one can per day per week till you reach 1-2 cans a day (this way you can avoid the inevitable headaches that accompany rapid cutting of caffeine).

Hope these can be of some help bro.