PDA

View Full Version : Fat Free Chedder Cheese Instead of Far Free Cottage Cheese?

123 champ
03-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I recently got some Kraft Fat Free Chedder Cheese looked at its nutrition

1/2 cup
90 cal
18g protein
5g carb
0g fat
24% sodium

I then compared it to Fat Free Cottage Cheese

1/2 cup
70 cal
12 protein
5 carb
0 fat
19% sodium

Since they are both composed of caesin protein, wouldn't Fat Free Chedder Cheese be a better pre-sleep meal because it has a better protein-to-carb ratio?

Scooter
03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
depends on your goals. For me I am bulking so I'd rather have the Cheddar Cheese since it has more cals and protein.

Optimum08
03-05-2007, 11:08 AM
thats a good find. i actually enjoy cheddar more so this could be great.

Holto
03-05-2007, 11:46 AM
depends on your goals. For me I am bulking so I'd rather have the Cheddar Cheese since it has more cals and protein.

As offset by the fat it would be lower in protein.

ArchAngel777
03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
I recently got some Kraft Fat Free Chedder Cheese looked at its nutrition

1/2 cup
90 cal
18g protein
5g carb
0g fat
24% sodium

I then compared it to Fat Free Cottage Cheese

1/2 cup
70 cal
12 protein
5 carb
0 fat
19% sodium

Since they are both composed of caesin protein, wouldn't Fat Free Chedder Cheese be a better pre-sleep meal because it has a better protein-to-carb ratio?

I use the craft fat free singles nearly every day to my chicken breast sandwiches. I have tried, Cheddar, American, Swiss and Mozarella and they all taste great. The problem with fat free cheese is when you need to cook it. It doesn't look tasty after it has been heated...

Tried some shredded cheddar cheese on pizza me and my wife used. It was kraft fat free. After taking it out of the oven, it looks like a sheet if orange plastic was over the pizza and it had the texture of it too!

Mr. D
03-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Plus man you cant eat Chedder cheese and P. Cottage Cheese and PB, my bedtime meal, is the meal i look most forward to everyday.

123 champ
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
i came up with a pretty good receipe with the cheese yesterday

steam 2 cups of spinach with about 5 minced garlic for 3 minutes seasoned with italian seasoning, black pepper, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, and parsely (or whatever herbs you want). Then add 1/2 - 3/4 cup of kraft fat free cheese directly on top of the spinach and steam for an additional 1-2 minutes (untill the cheese is melted). serve over pasta, chicken, eggs, a burger or just eat it by itself. its delicious :burger: