PDA

View Full Version : A different carb cycling aproach?

luckee001
03-27-2007, 07:54 PM
My trainer has developed a nutrition plan for my lean bulk, in which I am alternating very high carb, low fat days with low carb (only pre, post w/o) high fat days.

The high carb, low fat are really really high carb, and the low carb days are really high fat.

I'm just wondering if this is an effective way to do it, and if it will be optimal to lean bulking. It is different that what I read on Twin Peak's article, but the same idea I guess... do you think this is a good idea for a lean bulk... to keep the body guessing?

Also, do you think cardio would be best to do on my high carb rather than low carb days?

luckee001
03-28-2007, 08:30 AM
bump .... please

Holto
03-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't get it.

The low carb day is going to deplete your glycogen. The high carb day is going to refill it. To me this negates the greatest benefit of carb cycling which is glycogen super compensation. ie: Maintaining stores on the low days and ramming them full on the high days.

I will say though if you make the decision to PAY a trainer, take his/her advice and follow it to a T. Otherwise you are wasting your money. I don't see why you would ever need a trainer if you have access to this site.

Progress
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I will say though if you make the decision to PAY a trainer, take his/her advice and follow it to a T. Otherwise you are wasting your money. I don't see why you would ever need a trainer if you have access to this site.

+1.

If you're paying for a trainer shouldn't he be able to answer your questions?