PDA

View Full Version : Need some info about cutting

BFGUITAR
04-19-2007, 12:14 AM
1) When I start my cut should I be prepared to lose 3-4 pounds in the first weeks as "water weight"? If so, why does this happen?

2) Is it possible to SAFELY lose 10-12 pounds of fat in a span of 2 months? (without gear) Im right now almost 190 at 17-20% BF and i would like to get down to 178 pounds...

3) Will having a lower BF percentage generally improve my performance (Perhaps allow me to lift more?)

Ive got the next 2 months to dedicate towards losing weight, ill do almost anything really.

Built
04-19-2007, 12:36 AM
1) Lower carbs (typical on a cut) means dropping a little glycogen, each gram of which is bound with *I think* 2.7g of water. This means you'll drop water-weight as you deplete glycogen.

2) Yes, although it depends on a few things, one of which is how fat you are to begin with. The fatter you are, the faster you can safely drop weight.

3) For chins? Yes. For bench? Probably not.

BFGUITAR
04-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks built, you answered my questions very well :)

Should I be expecting gains if I improve my cardiovascular system alot more?
Currently I dont do much cardio but I live a moderately active lifestyle walking quite a bit.

Built
04-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Gains? What kind of gains?

LouPac
04-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Gains? What kind of gains?

Gains in losses?:scratch:

BFGUITAR
04-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Well wont a more effective heart=more blood and oxygen to muscles = strength

Or perhaps only endurance?

I still have that episode of the Magic School bus in my head where that big muscle bound guy who would rip his shirt every 5 min because he has so much muscle raced Ms. Frizzle and lost because he didnt have a good heart hahaha.

Built
04-19-2007, 10:53 PM
You'll certainly build capillary and mitochondrial density, which are both good things.

Gotta love cartoons. ;)

Con
04-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Isnt it true that you are technically stronger in you cut fat, but keep the weight on the bar?

The fat gives leverage, and you may actually be gaining strength but everything evens out and appears that simply maintained?