PDA

View Full Version : Fat Guy

Double7and7
03-01-2002, 12:50 PM
I've been checking out a lot of the posts here at the site---definately cool...usually keeps me motivated on those 'my job sucks, I don't want to work-out, blah' days. . .
I read a lot about you guys looking to bulk up, but I'm certainly not in that category. My bf is 22%-24% (ish). My diet is low in fat...I've recently added more protein back in to help, but what else do I need to do to lower the bf? is it more cardio? or just train harder? both? :eek: I know that being an :alcoholic isn't helping the mix--but I'm not quite ready for that step :D
whatcha think?

GeneticallyGifted
03-01-2002, 02:04 PM
If you want to make an extreme change its possible but you do have to do both. You have to do cardio at high intensity in the morning and then do a workout with weight with high intensity and then do cardio again that night.

While doing so you should cut back on the :alcoholic because its not helping you in your goals. I'm not saying that you need to it up totally, because cold turkey is extremely hard to do. You need to realize which is more important and start to cut back.

You can take a cutting supplement while you are in a cutting phase and it will help you like Hydroxcut, Xenadrine. These work only if you workout with it.

jus' tryin' to :help:

Manipul8r
03-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Its all about diet, then comes the cardio.. Losing body fat is 60-70% (give or take) diet and the rest is cardio/training... Find out your bodies BMR and AMR, then assess your CURRENT caloric intake, and gradually reduce calories until you are ~500 below maintenance. Then adjust calories as needed to lose the fat.. Make sure your macro breakdowns are correct (check this site for diets, there are hundreds). Cardio should be done on non weight training days and should consist of ~60 minutes of moderate to intense cardio.. (running, jump rope, sprint, jog, play a sport, etc....)..

Oh, and alcohol is very high in calories, just thought i ould throw that in there... Good Luck :)