PDA

View Full Version : Bench Shirt Sizing

Bako Lifter
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey guys, I'm ordering my Titan F6 bench shirt right now and I could use some help with the sizing.

It asks for height, weight, and gender, I got all of those. It also asks for flexed bicep (13 in) and chest (37 in). Should I add inches to these or keep them how they are?

It also has this option -
Regular (snug fit for new lifters or more passive support)
Meet (tight for training and contests)
Competition (extremely tight)

I'm thinking of getting the meet version. Good idea?

Also, I don't have the option of getting a loose one just to learn in, because what I get is what I get and I won't be getting another one for a long time.

I searched and this is all I got.

Those single ply closed back shirts are the worst to try and get in.

Thanks guys.

TommyBoy
07-06-2007, 04:19 PM
If it's your first shirt, I'd get the regular fit. I got a comp fit once and I never touched my chest.

Bako Lifter
07-06-2007, 06:02 PM
So I ordered it. I didn't go COMPETION or REGULAR. I settled with the middle option, MEET. But I added an inch to my bicep and 3 inches to my chest and 5 pounds to my body weight.... hopefully it'll be all good.

deeder
07-06-2007, 06:08 PM
So I ordered it. I didn't go COMPETION or REGULAR. I settled with the middle option, MEET. But I added an inch to my bicep and 3 inches to my chest and 5 pounds to my body weight.... hopefully it'll be all good.

You should have gave them your actual measurements.

Edit:

The people who sell this stuff know what they are talking about. If you sent in an order with your real measurements and told them it was your first shirt I'm sure they'd get it right.

waynedang
07-06-2007, 06:36 PM

You should have called a dealer like Ken Anderson or Priscilla and gave them the info. They would and could be a lot more helpfull. I would call and cancel the order and go through Ken.

LiftingKid
07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I second ordering thru Ken.

jtteg_x
07-08-2007, 12:57 AM
if you plan to use that same shirt for comp/meets, then go with meet fit. the f6 was my first time shirt and i emailed my exact honest measurements. i went with regular fit so i can learn it and eventually buy another actual meet fit when i need it.

i think u made a good choice on getting meet fit. just make sure u give yourself 3 trys to actually learn the shirt first. ive used mine probably 6 times and still learning to get the full potential out of the shirt.

edit: +1 on priscrilla. thats where i got mine ;)

TommyBoy
07-08-2007, 11:08 AM
+1 on priscrilla. thats where i got mine ;)
Ditto.

LiftingKid
07-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Ordering directly from Titan is hell, I waited a little over a month for a centurion.

WillKuenzel
07-08-2007, 04:11 PM
So you fubbed your measurements that may or may not come out that way as you gain weight and ordered a slightly tighter shirt or you could have used your accurate measurements, ordered a looser shirt and grown into it? Not real sure of the logic there.

Guido
07-09-2007, 10:27 AM
^ Me neither. Cancel order, order through Ken Anderson or Priscilla, give correct measurements, get shirt, have fun. Repeat every year or so or when the shirt wears out.

Bako Lifter
07-09-2007, 07:26 PM
This message is to confirm that we received your order.
Your F6 bench shirt will be shipped in about 4-6 weeks.
Thank you for your business.

Titan Support Systems, Inc.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

So I called Titan and canceled my order. I was gonna try and sneak by and try out the shirt I ordered with the wrong measurements.... but I'm not waiting a month and a half.

What web site does Anderson work for? Or do I just call the number and he'll know what I'm talking about when I ask about the shirt? Thanks guys.

waynedang
07-09-2007, 07:47 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang:

So I called Titan and canceled my order. I was gonna try and sneak by and try out the shirt I ordered with the wrong measurements.... but I'm not waiting a month and a half.

What web site does Anderson work for? Or do I just call the number and he'll know what I'm talking about when I ask about the shirt? Thanks guys.

Yeah just call Ken he will take care of you. Don't email him it is better to call.

Wayne

ddurkee
07-10-2007, 07:51 AM
just make sure u give yourself 3 trys to actually learn the shirt first.

uh, i think it may take more than three workouts to completely learn the shirt.

using gear will likely yield some results immediately, but mastering your gear takes a career.

Guido
07-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah just call Ken he will take care of you. Don't email him it is better to call.

WayneYep. He'll get it you to you in a lot less time than 4-6 weeks, too! I think it took just over a week to get mine if I remember right.

Bako Lifter
07-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok guys, just called Ken. Got me a size 42 :D.

My mom refused to give him a credit card number though, haha. So as soon as he gets the check I sent my shirt should be on it's way.

pulse
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Ok guys, just called Ken. Got me a size 42 :D.

My mom refused to give him a credit card number though, haha. So as soon as he gets the check I sent my shirt should be on it's way.

Oh the joys of getting older and having your own stuff :)

Bako Lifter
07-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread....

So is this extreme pain normal? To be fair I might not have had it on properly... I did the best I could but it still felt a little off. I have no experienced powerlifters to help me with this. Here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1742484&postcount=685) is my first experience in the shirt. I'll be using boards from now on, and being smarter about it. I didn't know you shouldn't go full range your first time...

Here are some battle scars... did you guys get this?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P7230048.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P7230050.jpg

TommyBoy
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Those are normal scars.

TommyBoy
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Bako, that's nothing man. Titan's fit like a glove compared to the old school Inzer's.

Bako Lifter
07-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Bako, that's nothing man. Titan's fit like a glove compared to the old school Inzer's.

phew, I was a little worried :D

Guido
07-24-2007, 07:36 AM
You got a Size 42? Isn't it kind of loose on you? Just wondering because I wear a size 42 F-6 and I've got 50+lbs on you.

waynedang
07-24-2007, 09:12 AM
I wear a 44 at 5'7" or 8" and 225

Sidior
07-24-2007, 09:35 AM
You got a Size 42? Isn't it kind of loose on you? Just wondering because I wear a size 42 F-6 and I've got 50+lbs on you.

I wear a 44 at 5'7" or 8" and 225

No wonder mine is so loose lol. I have a 46 and Im 200ish right now.

Guido
07-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Yikes, Sid! Yeah that would be loose. Even my other 44 F-6 is pretty loose on me.

Bako Lifter
07-24-2007, 03:31 PM

That's what it says on the tag. Ken Anderson said I should get a bigger one since it's my first time, also because I'm in the low 300s so I need it even looser to touch. My chest is almost 40 inches, though... but I cant imagine anything smaller, this thing sliced me up :redface:

redFury
07-24-2007, 03:38 PM
That's what it says on the tag. Ken Anderson said I should get a bigger one since it's my first time, also because I'm in the low 300s so I need it even looser to touch. My chest is almost 40 inches, though... but I cant imagine anything smaller, this thing sliced me up :redface:

It's more than likely he gave you that advice b/c you are young and can still grow. You'll fill in the shirt in a couple of years (maybe less if you keep eating ;) ). Touching is a big problem for a lot of people... but I've been able to touch 240 before in my 38, which means I need a tighter shirt. I think you'll find your shirt starts to fit you better over time.

Here's a thought too... try to find a bench seminar somewhere around you. You can learn a ton about shirted benching in just a matter of a few hours or so.

Bako Lifter
07-24-2007, 03:41 PM
It's more than likely he gave you that advice b/c you are young and can still grow. You'll fill in the shirt in a couple of years (maybe less if you keep eating ;) ). Touching is a big problem for a lot of people... but I've been able to touch 240 before in my 38, which means I need a tighter shirt. I think you'll find your shirt starts to fit you better over time.

Here's a thought too... try to find a bench seminar somewhere around you. You can learn a ton about shirted benching in just a matter of a few hours or so.

He actually didn't know how old I was :/
I will be close to 170 lbs shortly though... my bulk is going very well this time. I'm not trying to go crazy with 4,500 a day and burn out after a week like I usually do. I'm going 3,600-3,800 and I've gained 8 lbs over the past 3 weeks. Anyways, that's off topic.

Where can I find out about these "bench seminars"? I've never heard of them.

waynedang
07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
He actually didn't know how old I was :/
I will be close to 170 lbs shortly though... my bulk is going very well this time. I'm not trying to go crazy with 4,500 a day and burn out after a week like I usually do. I'm going 3,600-3,800 and I've gained 8 lbs over the past 3 weeks. Anyways, that's off topic.

Where can I find out about these "bench seminars"? I've never heard of them.

Try to find a gym that has some geared lifters and make the drive. Most guys have to drive to other towns and gyms to lift in gear. There are many lifters in CA but not sure how close any are to you. I know Mike Womack was doing seminars and of course Metal Militia (the best) but you will need ten or twenty people to pull it off. Just try to find a team or gym and make the drive a few times a month.

waynedang
07-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Here are some PL gyms in CA. Not sure if any are close to you.
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4420

Bako Lifter
07-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Here are some PL gyms in CA. Not sure if any are close to you.
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4420

Thanks Waynedang... none of those are very close though. I'll try and convince my parents to drive me out to Sacramento or Ventura. Thanks for the link :thumbup:.

Guido
07-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Sacramento is a big enough city. There should be some powerlifters around. I know WABDL (federation) is pretty big out there.