PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ETS

jungle35
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok I'm not necessarily new to lifting as I've been lifting off and on for baseball for the last 3 or 4 years. During this time I've never taken a supplement. Also, I never considered myself a heavy intense lifter, only for general strength and fitness. As of late I've made a real commitment to losing weight and getting some definition. My question is this, if I'm currently losing fat and lifting at the same time, should I take ETS at all? I'm quite sure I'm getting atleast a little bit of muscle because even within my last 3 weeks of lifting I've made some gains. Also, is it wise to take protein + ETS. For instance, Nitrean + ETS? Or in my current situation of cutting fat, should I take only the protein? As I said before I'm not a huge guy:

18 yrs old
5' 7"
173Lbs
Bench- about 185
Squat - about 335
DL - about 345

I know this is a lot of questions but I'm kinda new to this. Thanks for the help. Mods feel free to move this thread if it would be better suited in another forum.

BTW on a side note, I notice that during my running, I get a lot of pain/cramps in my calves when I'm not even out of breath yet. Would ETS help with this?

mikey4402
07-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Ok I'm not necessarily new to lifting as I've been lifting off and on for baseball for the last 3 or 4 years. During this time I've never taken a supplement. Also, I never considered myself a heavy intense lifter, only for general strength and fitness. As of late I've made a real commitment to losing weight and getting some definition. My question is this, if I'm currently losing fat and lifting at the same time, should I take ETS at all? I'm quite sure I'm getting atleast a little bit of muscle because even within my last 3 weeks of lifting I've made some gains. Also, is it wise to take protein + ETS. For instance, Nitrean + ETS? Or in my current situation of cutting fat, should I take only the protein? As I said before I'm not a huge guy:

18 yrs old
5' 7"
173Lbs
Bench- about 185
Squat - about 335
DL - about 345

I know this is a lot of questions but I'm kinda new to this. Thanks for the help. Mods feel free to move this thread if it would be better suited in another forum.

BTW on a side note, I notice that during my running, I get a lot of pain/cramps in my calves when I'm not even out of breath yet. Would ETS help with this?
ETS is fine to take with protien. But i dont think ETS is for you.

there is a big differnce between pain and cramps. if its cramps you probley just need to up your daily water intake and enjoy a banana. If its pain then there might be a possible injury.

Joe Black
07-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Hi jungle35,

First off, thanks for joining the forums, welcome!

ETS would be a good supplement for you.. Weight training alongside a sport is often tough as it will leave you sore and stiff at times. I remember when I used to box and also weight train and I would often turn up for both very sore or stiff.

ETS will help you recover more quickly and will also help to reduce soreness which means you should be able to approach both your baseball and weight training a little fresher and get better results for your efforts in the gym.

Nitrean would also be a good a good choice as it will help your muscles recover and give them the fuel they need to grow.

I would stick with those for the time being and then if you feel you need a little bit of extra help to reduce that stubborn fat later down the line, consider a fat burner such as Nitor or Thermocin. However with the level of activity you are doing and if you are watching what you eat, you should be able to notice some excellent results.

Let us know how you get on and consider starting a journal so you can document your progress and also get support from our members!

Daniel

jungle35
07-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the help! I should be getting some ETS and Nitrean soon. Also, after drinking a protein shake, is it filling like you just ate a meal?

chris mason
07-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the help! I should be getting some ETS and Nitrean soon. Also, after drinking a protein shake, is it filling like you just ate a meal?

Opticen, which is an ideal PWO shake, will fill you more like a meal. I would suggest you give it a try (it has a similar protein matrix to Nitrean plus carbs and various vitamins and minerals).

Chris

Lones Green
07-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Opticen, which is an ideal PWO shake, will fill you more like a meal. I would suggest you give it a try (it has a similar protein matrix to Nitrean plus carbs and various vitamins and minerals).

Chris

yup. i love opticen w/milk before bed.

chris mason
07-12-2007, 05:26 AM
yup. i love opticen w/milk before bed.

:clap:

Howard 9
07-13-2007, 12:37 AM

It is not really filling, but I mean I dont find and kinda protein shake that filling unless your adding a lot of stuff to it (PB, Olive Oil, Fruit etc). But Nitrean is the best protein powder I have ever tasted strictly mixed with just milk or water, I cant stomach other brands. Also science proves its blend is superior post workout then just your normal whey.

Howard 9
07-13-2007, 12:40 AM

Chris

Why is opticen better post workout then nitrean? The carbs? I mean if your putting dextrose and using milk in your PWO shake with the NItrean would opticen still be optimal or would the difference be little?

Twan
07-13-2007, 12:45 AM
I would think to take Opticen pre-workout and Nitrean post workout.

Isn't the pre-workout meal more important than the post-workout meal anyways?

Howard 9
07-13-2007, 01:39 AM
I would think to take Opticen pre-workout and Nitrean post workout.

Isn't the pre-workout meal more important than the post-workout meal anyways?

There both pretty important. Is that Sting in your avatar btw?

chris mason
07-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Why is opticen better post workout then nitrean? The carbs? I mean if your putting dextrose and using milk in your PWO shake with the NItrean would opticen still be optimal or would the difference be little?

If you are using dex and milk with Nitrean then the difference would be virtually nonexistent. That said, Opticen is less expensive than Nitrean to start, and when adding those additional ingredients the difference gets even greater.

Chris

Twan
07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
There both pretty important. Is that Sting in your avatar btw?

Yep. My hero.

Howard 9
07-13-2007, 12:38 PM
If you are using dex and milk with Nitrean then the difference would be virtually nonexistent. That said, Opticen is less expensive than Nitrean to start, and when adding those additional ingredients the difference gets even greater.

Chris

Ok thanks man.

Yep. My hero.

Yeah crow sting was awesome as well, to bad they totally blew the ending at starcade 97 cause Hogan wouldn't do the clean job...